Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MobaFire Graphics Battle Arena

Creator: jhoijhoi August 25, 2013 5:55am
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2013 1:24pm | Report
1st (3 Pts): YayaFTW | Already gave feedback. Really like the colors and exposure.
2nd (2 Pts): The_Nameless_Bard | I really like your sig but mhhh so hard to point. Gave feedback already
3rd (1 Pt): fashionablellama | Really like the colors and I like how you incorporated the texture. I'd add a border or make it more noticable. If you could figure out how to add text to it and make it look good, I think that'd really make it awesome.

by jhoijhoi
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2013 1:25pm | Report
wait, two times nameless? you might want to edit your post :D
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2013 1:27pm | Report
no worries. I usually write up posts in notepads before I copy them to where you comment on things. Not sure why but it's a habit now. Anyway when I make alterations I forget to fix stuff for some reason.

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2013 5:12pm | Report
VOTING OPEN
Voting Rules:
+ Use the template provided (ie, give feedback) - this means that you vote 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
+ If you participated in the round, you have to vote.
+ If you do not vote, you lose your points, effectively disqualifying yourself from the round.
+ As per before, you receive 1 participation mark per round by voting.
+ You can vote if you did not participate in the round.
+ As a reminder, The_Nameless_Bard currently holds the most points!

Current point breakdowns (up to MissMaw's comment):
Test: 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1
Amanda: 2 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2
Llama: 1 + 1
Shadow: 3
Maw: 1 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 1
Hogo: 1 + 3
Xeres: 2 + 1
Yaya: 2 + 2 + 3

ROUND TWO
R2 Start: 12/09/13
R1 End: 19/09/13
Vote Start: 20/09/13

Vote End: 24/09/13
R3 Start: 25/09/13

RULES
1) Don't vote for me.
2) Use stimulus provided.
3) Use correct dimensions.
4) Participants must vote.
5) Use voting template.
6) glhf!
Mandatory Stimulus: LINK

(use link for full size)

VOTING TEMPLATE
jhoijhoi wrote:
This is my example of what can be done with the stimulus:

ENTRIES
Test0ML wrote:
XeresAce wrote:
Bludes wrote:
Quoted:
YayaFTW wrote:
Hogopogo wrote:
Kinen wrote:

NAME
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bludes
DR34MK1LL3R
Fashionablellama
Hogopogo
Kinen
mastrer1000
MissMaw
Shadow_Light
Thatdudeinthecotton
Test0ML
The_Nameless_Bard
XeresAce
YayaFTW
PARTICPATION
- - - - -
-
-
-
R1
- - - - -
-
-
-
-
-
-
R2
- - - - -
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
R3
- - - - -
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
R4
- - - - -
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
R5
- - - - -
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
TOTAL
- - - - -
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2013 6:51pm | Report
1st (3 Pts): master1000 + I really liked the simplicity of it all. Maybe a bit more contrast or saturation on the darker blue would have been better, but the stylization works well.
2nd (2 Pts): XeresAce + A bit too much brightness on the character's hands but it all feels nice.
3rd (1 Pt): YayaFTW + FFXII? Either way, the background stands up a bit too much, competing with the girl in the image. It gets a bit distracting.

other feedback (because more space for improvemente is what needs more feedback):

Test0ML: I really wanted to give you some points but there are only this many...! you made an interesting play of hue. However, something should stand out more due to the rather large dead and plain space under the charecter's arm.

Bludes: It just doesn't seem your work is well thought out. It is almost one dimentional. If you wanted to keep one color you have to play with luminosity and similar effects, maybe some contours! Make something stand out!

MissMaw: the character blends in too much with the background, especially due to her lack of depth/shadows. Also the one color scheme with low intensity doesn't favor the not-so-white background.

Shadow_Light: yellow is a very powerfull color. I just think you overdid it. A bit more of a colder color, maybe dull like grey blue could tone it down slighlty. Not much, just in simple details, just like the chestplate and hair. other thing that bothers me is the presence of a light on the opposite side of the main feature of the image, which seems to be the warrior's face.

DR34MK1LL3R: Just a bit too featureless for me. =3

The_Nameless_Bard: you actually don't need points from me. :P
However, your works always seem very well balanced and aesthetically pleasing. this time i only want to point out how the light in the background seems uneven, especially over his shoulders.

Hogopogo: the background is very opaque and doesn't match the smoothness of the figure. it's shapes, however, fit very nicely.

fashionablellama: Seems good, but there is something I can't quite point out. Maybe her expression isn't matched as a focus of the image... IDK, but there is something slightly off.

Thatdudeinthecotton: I am a person that likes contrasts, but this doesn't go well for me. Red and yellow are very strong colors, especially when in contact. Also the "flame" lacks a bit of volume, comparing with the figure that has some well defined shapes.

Kinen: the couple should stand out. Not the petals and feathers. Also, the text doesn't seem well fitted in that space. the figures blend with the background too, which is very unnapealling, i think.

Sig made by Aquilegia
Test0ML
<Member>
Test0ML's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2013 4:16am | Report
1st (3 Pts): Hogopogo - I like the effects you did there but I think is a bit too much,everything else looks so nice.
2nd (2 Pts): Shadow_Light - I like the signature but I think you overdid it a bit with the lights.
3rd (1 Pt) : XeresAce - Too much white like I can't see her hand.
Bludes
<Member>
Bludes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2013 4:33am | Report
1st (3 Pts): YayaFTW - I love the light and the colours from the girl.
2nd (2 Pts): fashionablellama - the lines make it
3rd (1 Pt) : Hogopogo - can't say any bad - had to make a discision for these three and there were close for my unskilled noob eye. D:
Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2013 6:06am | Report
1st (3pts) NamelessBard: It just looks too good, especially after you edited it :) Perhaps a bit more sharpening where his head is but thats personal opinion.
2nd (2pts) TestOML: It looks really good, zed looks like he's going through some pretty rough rain. Although its rough rain, it might be a bit too rough. Certain parts are too blurred into the background to the point where the focal isn' really focal.
3rd (1pt) MissMaw: I really like the colors and the brushing. However, some parts were a bit too rough (her left armpit, there's a blue square/splotch). Other than that, I like it.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2013 6:26am | Report
Ohh just to answer about the character's hands, in the render the girl had some kind of magic glowing white orb in her hands and you couldn't see her palms to start with :3
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2013 2:16am | Report
Two more days of voting :3
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide