Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's review & discussion service

Creator: jhoijhoi June 29, 2011 5:44pm
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 5:56pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Was totally going to review:

Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition
By: Sacull_Kinslayer

But I kinda got sidetracked coz of this link in his link section: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=608154

Totally your own fault for linking it.

haha i've seen it and it distracted me for a good half hour
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 6:01pm | Report
Sacull_Kinslayer's Vladimir Guide
Verdict: It's simple, it's informative, it's a really good and interesting read. I literally had no criticism for this guide - the author knows what he's talking about, and he clearly and expressively conveys his knowledge in concise and measured tones. Deceptively simple guide.
Possible Improvements: Needs some screenshots/videos/images. Some sort of aesthetic object to allow the reader to rest his/her eyes. Some video footage of the author playing Vlad and troll pooling away would be great in the skills section.

Constructive Criticism:

1) Put your links and useful information section at the bottom. You don't want people going "what's too good not to link" and sending them off for half an hour+ giggling over awesome flowcharts instead of reading your guide (which is what I did)

2) o.O I literally have nothing constructive or critical to say about your guide. It's absolutely fine. This is the first guide I've read all the way through, every single word and found all of it fine and dandy o.O

3) I apologise for the shortest review I've given so far D:
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 6:02pm | Report
Wait, what, did I skip a few pages? D:

Sorry guys.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 6:15pm | Report
I have some criticism for you Sacull!
You aren't using my guide format >:D

Seriously though, I don't think there's enough distinction between different items (and other things like summoner spells) you explain. Use large icons. It will help a lot.
The code for large icons is: [icon=ITEM/SKILL/WHATEVER size=64]

If you wanna look up my format it's stickied in this part of the forum.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 6:16pm | Report
searz real backseat critic
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 6:20pm | Report
Wintermord's Ezreal Guide
Verdict: A solid AD Ezreal Guide with very useful information regarding Trueshot Barrage
Possible Improvements: More images, some coding (ie: Doran's Blade as opposed to Doran's Sword :P). Maybe some screenshots of the range of Ez's abilities.

Constructive Criticism:

1) I'm not sure why you have so many items in your purchase order. If I'm correct, I count 9 final items. Generally you don't want to do this to the reader. Just list the 6 items that you normally get (on average) and leave the others for the situational items section.

2) Great information about Trueshot Barrage. I definitely learnt something new and useful in this section.

3) In your "Laning Mid" section you've said "Doran's Sword"

4) You can embed youtube videos into your guide so readers don't have to leave your guide to watch your Zoning video

5) I liked your explanation for Revive :)

6) Better example of Ez's dance:
kT1pPiKusOY

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 6:24pm | Report
Here's what I'm up to:

6) Ezreal - Winter
7) Crabgot - Searz
8) Blitz - Orichi
9) Akali - BMB
10) Jarvan - Sacull (pg 6)
11) Akali - Koh (pg 7)
12) Renekton - Keels
13) Ezreal - Blydden
14) Ezreal - Hugin (pg 8)
15) Teemo - Devilesse (pg 10)

♡ sig by me ♡
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 6:28pm | Report

searz real backseat critic

Ya, I'm awesome that way ;)
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 7:03pm | Report
Sear's Urgot Guide
Verdict: A useful Urgot guide, more geared towards experienced players
Possible Improvements: An Abilities section would be great for those of us who haven't played Urgot, or are planning on playing him and using your guide. Some screenshots of the success with this build would be nice. I was expecting a whole heap of graphs demonstrating the damage etc of the situational items, was surprised there were none ^^ Some videos of gameplay would be great. What about starting with a Doran's Ring or Doran's Blade?

Where should Urgot lane? Top solo, mid, bot with a support? What exactly is Urgot? What happened to his face?

Constructive Criticism:

1) Why the point in Perseverance over 3/3 Good Hands?

2) "I will not go through what the abilities do. It can easily be learned by reading the ability tooltips and simply using the spell." Even a brief overview of the abilities would be nice. You're the top rated guide, the first one new people to Urgot click. Don't give them the benefit of the doubt that they'll know the abilities.

An Abilities Section is where I learn most about the champion.

3) Why isn't "Hyper Kinetic Position Reverser" in coding?

4) A long long time ago I complimented you on the aesthetics of your guide layout. Your guide format was the one that inspired me to add in columns to my own guide. Thank you for that :)

5) Your "Tips and Tricks" section could easily be turned into an Abilities section (with the last two paragraphs copy and pasted into "closing statements). With an Abilities section, I believe your guide will a lot more noob-friendly.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 7:21pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Some screenshots of the success with this build would be nice.

**** no >.>
Pictures like that are pretty lame unless they are of a high elo (like 1700+). I'm at 1500 elo atm and I got there by playing Urgot, while pretty decent, it's not like 1500 is all that good, but I guess I'll just play more when I find the time. I'm certainly not planning on being stuck here.

Quoted:
I was expecting a whole heap of graphs demonstrating the damage etc of the situational items, was surprised there were none ^^

There's really only one thing that I can graph regarding that build. That's BT vs LW and I link to my graph thread in the LW description.

Quoted:
Some videos of gameplay would be great.

I've tried but it's a huge pain in the *** :(

Quoted:
What about starting with a Doran's Ring or Doran's Blade?

Both are **** on Urgot.

Quoted:
Where should Urgot lane? Top solo, mid, bot with a support? What exactly is Urgot? What happened to his face?

Explained in the "Laning Phase" chapter >.>
His face is explained in the lore, but I don't give a **** about lore :P

Quoted:
1) Why the point in Perseverance over 3/3 Good Hands?

Early sustain. It's also generally worth taking 2%regen over 3.33% deathtime reduction on most champions.

Quoted:
2) "I will not go through what the abilities do. It can easily be learned by reading the ability tooltips and simply using the spell." Even a brief overview of the abilities would be nice. You're the top rated guide, the first one new people to Urgot click. Don't give them the benefit of the doubt that they'll know the abilities.

5) Your "Tips and Tricks" section could easily be turned into an Abilities section (with the last two paragraphs copy and pasted into "closing statements). With an Abilities section, I believe your guide will a lot more noob-friendly.

I know, but I don't like making things easy for dummies :(
I will think about it though.
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide