Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's review & discussion service

Creator: jhoijhoi June 29, 2011 5:44pm
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 6:46am | Report

!!! University > Reviewing !!!

>>> I will review 3 Guides Per Day <<<

ATTENTION: Due to a huge influx of requests, I have now implemented some requirements. This is so I don't end up reviewing a guide who's author doesn't care, or reviewing a guide that is really bad, or reviewing a guide that has not clicked on the link above. If you want me to spend over half an hour reading your guide and writing a reply, you can very well return the favour!

REQUIREMENTS:
- Author must have +100 Posts
- Guide must have been run through a spell and grammar check
- Author must be over Summoner Level 25
- Author must comment on my Ashe guide with their opinion.

If you are LUCKY, your guide will be reviewed by other members, such as: Searz, da_Neo, Rudmed, Bloofyre, Bryun, and Nighthawk. They drop in from time to time to help with my workload. <3

* I will be completely honest in my opinion
* I will not downvote or upvote until I have received a response from my review, and I see you have dropped your opinion of my Ashe guide in the comment section
* I will review your request as soon as physically and mentally possible

* At the completion of my Review, I will post my verdict of your guide here, along with my review (verdicts are featured in the below post)

You must use this format below for submitting a guide for review, otherwise I'll ignore your request. People who just drop their links here will be completely ignored.

Summoner Level:
Post Count (at time of request):
Spell & Grammar check completed: YES/NO
Guide For (champion):
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed:
What I'd like you to focus on:
Guide Link:

What do I expect in return? Read/vote on my >> Complete & Comprehensive Compiled Catalogue of Ashe Knowledge <<, +rep me, and a simple thank you would be lovely ^^

OTHER RULES/NOTES:
- Please only submit one guide per request.
- Please do not request a review on a champion who has not been released. I would also prefer to read only guides published on MobaFire.
- If you are rude to me in your response to my review, I will consider not featuring you in the below post.
- If I read your guide. And you have not read the links I have supplied in this post. I will literally asplode. And you will be charged with my death.

Common Things I Repeat In Most Of My Reviews

• ONE BUILD. Show me one build, the one you use 90% of the time, in your cheat sheet. NO NEED, EVER, to display more than one cheat sheet. All alternative items can be explained in your Situational/Alternative Items section.
  • Good Hands IS ****ING BETTER THAN PERSEVERANCE. Jesus Christ.
  • Colour is good. Too much colour is bad. Find the correct balance.
  • Paragraphical space. Walls of text = bad. Sparse text = bad. Find the correct balance.

Nighthawk has opened his own Review Thread Here. Go ahead and check it out ^^

Reviewable Guides
ShadowNet wrote:

Summoner Level: 30
Post Count (at time of request): 158
Spell & Grammar check completed: Yes
Guide For (champion): Mordekaiser
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: To improve it. I need some good criticism that doesn't involve sparkling spell vampires.
What I'd like you to focus on: Anything that you find wrong.
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/carry-me-morde-108278

Searz wrote:

Summoner Level: HURR
Spell & Grammar check completed: I don't misspell. >:3
Guide For (champion): None.
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I basically want to hear your opinion on the guide and what I could improve. because I'm currently (almost) lost on what I could change.
What I'd like you to focus on: That^.
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/rune-tips-what-secondary-and-primary-means-and-more-24255

Un-Reviewable Guides
kin333x wrote:

Summoner Level: 30
Post Count (at time of request): 23
Spell & Grammar check completed: NO (I don't have word or anything else, But i checked over it multiple times.)
Guide For (champion): Wukong
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I want to get better... and i just want to know what my mistakes are
What I'd like you to focus on: I personally think the build is good... but i want to know if i did a good job on writing (I'm not that good writing over long periods.) the guide.
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/wukong-the-tanky-dps-106043

No spell/grammar check. I will update my Guide about Writing a Guide with a section on how to install automatic text-box spell check, and once you've run it through that, PM me, or re-request, and I'll get right to it! (don't be angry/sad, I have rules for a reason, and if I let people I know slip through, it wouldn't be fair to everyone else)
shamwoww wrote:

Summoner Level:30
Post Count(at time of request):490
Spell and Grammar Check:Yes
Guide For:Wukong
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed:Because this is my first guide and i have no comments or votes:(
What I'd like you to focus on: Pretty much everything.
Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/wukong-see-my-huge-stick-106428

User does not have over 100+ posts.

Kin: Install/enable the spell checks I have supplied in my Guide about Making a Guide, and just take a quick look at all the little red squiggly lines ^^

There's a lot of grammatical mistakes as well, but I'm sure you'll learn about those back at school :)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
kin333x
<Member>
kin333x's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 7:26am | Report
Wait a sec? I have those red lines under the misspellings, But it does not put them under "hes" and yes i know its he's i just did not think it mattered at the time because it was not underlined in red. heres a pic of what i looks like on my side
Thanks to jhoijhoi MoonEdge For the sigs!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 7:42am | Report
Doesn't appear for me either. But it doesn't really matter. Just learn to write like you should :P
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
kin333x
<Member>
kin333x's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 7:45am | Report
yes i know...
Thanks to jhoijhoi MoonEdge For the sigs!
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 9:12am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Rudmed's Twisted Fate Guide
Verdict: A good Attack Speed/Attack Damage Twisted Fate Guide. Edit: Since update the aesthetics have changed, and the guide is easier to read. Edit: I am very impressed with the amount of work the author has put in their guide. It's transition from the guide I first reviewed has been huge. This is definitely a recommended guide to read if you're planning on playing AD/DPS Twisted Fate. Certainly the best DPS Twisted Fate guide out there!
Possible Improvements: Screenshots of the guide/build working, some images... not much needs improving, as this guide is pretty much complete and very good for what the author is trying to achieve. Edit: Screenshots of scores is a great addition. Author still needs to work on formatting. Centring icons to maximise aesthetic potential. Also, there might be too much colour in the Skills Section. The only other thing I can think of is that the author has too many sections that are extremely short, so the guide appears longer than it is (not always a good thing for people who can't handle long guides). Good work ^^ +1 Edit: The only thing now I can suggest is finding a correct balance between colour and quickly scanning over the top Twisted Fate guides to see what yours is lacking (if anything). Great work!

Also, btw...

+rec

Constructive Criticism:

1) I'd suggest some earlier lifesteal in your purchase order

2) <3 for the shout-out :) Also, I'm surprised how good those scores look in your "proof" section.

3) Add in an extra column before the pro's column with "space" to make the columns head towards the middle of the section. If that made sense :P

4) lolol, your map, Rudmed! :P Silly. Here:

5) Care in using too much colour. Dark blue is also really hard to read, I'd suggest light blue :)

Must +rep MOAR, but 24 hour time limit denies me. CURSE YOU BALANCE!

Thank you, for all you have done. It has really helped the guide come a long long long way. It has helped me so much.
Bellator
<Member>
Bellator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 12:39pm | Report
Searz wrote:

It's bad. Go look at the featured guides at solo mid, play more Morde, remake your guide, then come back.
It's up to Jhoi whether she wants to review it or not though.

HUAEHUEAHUEHUEHEUHAEHUEHAEUAHUHEHUEHEUHEHEHUAHEUH. Very constructive criticism *trollface*.
ShadowNet
<Editor>
ShadowNet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 12:53pm | Report
Bellator wrote:

HUAEHUEAHUEHUEHEUHAEHUEHAEUAHUHEHUEHEUHEHEHUAHEUH. Very constructive criticism *trollface*.

Son, I am disappoint. Lack of derp-ness.

Jhoijhoi when you check out my guide, take a look at the "I eat pain" picture, tell me if I should keep it like this or revert it to the non-gory version.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 12:57pm | Report
Bellator wrote:

I'm sorry, but it was so bad that I couldn't tell you anything else than to remake 90% of the build..
It's better now though. This I can almost work with.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 1:30pm | Report
Searz wrote:

It's bad. Go look at the featured guides at solo mid, play more Morde, remake your guide, then come back.
It's up to Jhoi whether she wants to review it or not though.

HAHA

SOLO MID MORDEKAISER GUIDES!

HA

Oh you were serious?

Their guides are JUST as outdated and terrible as ours man, don't kid yourself.
Tri lane for life.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 2:08pm | Report
Are the featured ones that bad?
I'm pretty sure they're good except for the fact that Dyrus uses HP5/lvl seals.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide