Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's review & discussion service

Creator: jhoijhoi June 29, 2011 5:44pm
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 2:18pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Are the featured ones that bad?
I'm pretty sure they're good except for the fact that Dyrus uses HP5/lvl seals.

Well, his hp5/level DOES make me cry ;(

But it's mainly that all the guides there are the approved ones from like... 6+ months ago.

Dyrus made one like a few weeks ago or something and it's pretty good, cheap and effective, but other than that they are all pretty much ancient.

There is a week old one that takes Teleport/Ghost :s

I got a kick out of that one.
Tri lane for life.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 5:41pm | Report
I think you skipped mine jhoijhoi, I was on page 68. Anyway, here it is:

PsiGuard wrote:

Hey jhoi it's me again. I just finished my first draft of a Nocturne guide and was hoping you could give it a look before I publish.

Summoner Level: 30

Spelling and Grammar check completed: Yes, but let me know if you notice anything I missed.

Guide for: Nocturne

Why I'd like this guide to be reviewed: I really appreciated the thoroughness of your review of my Alistar guide and I want your opinion before I publish, if possible.

What I'd like you to focus on: Your usual wealth of advice and criticism. Also a basic proofread as this one's a little more fresh than the last (Proofread as in, comprehension. You don't have to spellcheck for me). You don't have to watch the videos if you don't want (I have quite a few).

Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/haunting-the-jungle-nightmare-style-109358

P.S. (In case you ask) I included a lot of videos because:
1. Stonewall and TheOddOne have more credibility than me.
2. They explain their concepts as well as I could.
3. It's easier to learn jungling by watching it, rather than reading a lot of text.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 6:01pm | Report

!!! University > Reviewing !!!

>>> I will review 3 Guides Per Day <<<

ATTENTION: Due to a huge influx of requests, I have now implemented some requirements. This is so I don't end up reviewing a guide who's author doesn't care, or reviewing a guide that is really bad, or reviewing a guide that has not clicked on the link above. If you want me to spend over half an hour reading your guide and writing a reply, you can very well return the favour!

REQUIREMENTS:
- Author must have +100 Posts
- Guide must have been run through a spell and grammar check
- Author must be over Summoner Level 25
- Author must comment on my Ashe guide with their opinion.

If you are LUCKY, your guide will be reviewed by other members, such as: Searz, da_Neo, Rudmed, Bloofyre, Bryun, and Nighthawk. They drop in from time to time to help with my workload. <3

* I will be completely honest in my opinion
* I will not downvote or upvote until I have received a response from my review, and I see you have dropped your opinion of my Ashe guide in the comment section
* I will review your request as soon as physically and mentally possible

* At the completion of my Review, I will post my verdict of your guide here, along with my review (verdicts are featured in the below post)

You must use this format below for submitting a guide for review, otherwise I'll ignore your request. People who just drop their links here will be completely ignored.

Summoner Level:
Post Count (at time of request):
Spell & Grammar check completed: YES/NO
Guide For (champion):
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed:
What I'd like you to focus on:
Guide Link:

What do I expect in return? Read/vote on my >> Complete & Comprehensive Compiled Catalogue of Ashe Knowledge <<, +rep me, and a simple thank you would be lovely ^^

OTHER RULES/NOTES:
- Please only submit one guide per request.
- Please do not request a review on a champion who has not been released. I would also prefer to read only guides published on MobaFire.
- If you are rude to me in your response to my review, I will consider not featuring you in the below post.
- If I read your guide. And you have not read the links I have supplied in this post. I will literally asplode. And you will be charged with my death.

Common Things I Repeat In Most Of My Reviews

• ONE BUILD. Show me one build, the one you use 90% of the time, in your cheat sheet. NO NEED, EVER, to display more than one cheat sheet. All alternative items can be explained in your Situational/Alternative Items section.
  • Good Hands IS ****ING BETTER THAN PERSEVERANCE. Jesus Christ.
  • Colour is good. Too much colour is bad. Find the correct balance.
  • Paragraphical space. Walls of text = bad. Sparse text = bad. Find the correct balance.

Nighthawk has opened his own Review Thread Here. Go ahead and check it out ^^

Reviewable Guides
Searz wrote:

Summoner Level: HURR
Spell & Grammar check completed: I don't misspell. >:3
Guide For (champion): None.
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I basically want to hear your opinion on the guide and what I could improve. because I'm currently (almost) lost on what I could change.
What I'd like you to focus on: That^.
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/rune-tips-what-secondary-and-primary-means-and-more-24255

Un-Reviewable Guides
kin333x wrote:

Summoner Level: 30
Post Count (at time of request): 23
Spell & Grammar check completed: NO (I don't have word or anything else, But i checked over it multiple times.)
Guide For (champion): Wukong
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I want to get better... and i just want to know what my mistakes are
What I'd like you to focus on: I personally think the build is good... but i want to know if i did a good job on writing (I'm not that good writing over long periods.) the guide.
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/wukong-the-tanky-dps-106043

No spell/grammar check. I will update my Guide about Writing a Guide with a section on how to install automatic text-box spell check, and once you've run it through that, PM me, or re-request, and I'll get right to it! (don't be angry/sad, I have rules for a reason, and if I let people I know slip through, it wouldn't be fair to everyone else)

D: I'm so sorry, Guard! I don't know how I missed it D: D: D: Gosh, I hope I haven't missed any more requests =.= EDIT: Wait. What? Oh. You edited it with the new format, but I didn't see the edit. Sorry ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 6:22pm | Report
PsiGuard's Jungle Nocturne Guide
Verdict: A very detailed and well-written Jungle Nocturne guide. It is aesthetically pleasing and only occasionally deviates towards walls of text.
Possible Improvements: There isn't much to improve with this guide, besides the addition of colour and the possible reformatting of the Viable Items section. Jungle Route maps would be beneficial for the casual reader. A summary/tl;dr section at the beginning of the guide could be beneficial. Additionally, the chapters feel a tad out of order, if nothing else, move Abilities, Skill Sequence and Tips and Tricks together somewhere in the guide so one doesn't have to scroll up or down the guide to remember what was previously written about the skills.

Constructive Criticism:

1) I really liked the idea of Quints of Strength. Used them on Vayne for quite a while. Until someone mentioned to me, "That 7 extra damage is pretty useless by level 4, when you'd be benefiting more from 25+ flat armour penetration." I can see why it'd be useful in the jungle, but jungle creeps have armour too. And of course Shroud of Darkness gives you attack speed, so AtkSp Quints may not appeal.

2) What about chucking in the catalyst of the protector before Atma's Impaler? It'd give you more damage, in a round-about way. Also... Atmogs.

3) You can use the new embedding system. [masteries]

4) I think the order of your guide is a bit all over the place. You have Skill Explanation up the top, then Skill Sequence way down about 1/4th through your guide.

5) With regards to your Other Viable Items Section, I'd suggest placing the icons in one column, and the text in the other. So it'd like up neatly without a whole lot of black space.

6) I realise there are two videos, but add in a jungle route image for quick reference.

7) Your Tips and Tricks section *could* be broken up into the individual skill explanations. Or, you could move it up under there, at least. I also wouldn't have the skill abilities that far up the chapter order, either.

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 6:30pm | Report
Jhoi, umad?

(I have >30 guides to review in my thread)

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 6:37pm | Report
ShadowNet's Mordekaiser Guide
Verdict: A well-written and amusing Mordekaiser guide.
Possible Improvements: The author's attempt at videos is admirable, but they need to be fine-tuned. I think the lack of spell vampirism is a bad idea. I found nothing else wrong with this guide, and it was a good, enlightening read :)

Constructive Criticism:

1) Quint of Swiftness? :/

2) No need to list sight ward in your Purchase Order.

3) No spell vamp?

4) When using separators:

[enter]
[enter]
--- ---
[enter]
[enter]

[masteries]?

5) Exhaust?

6) lol lol, Love your "Champ Ghost" section. I'd definitely cut it down though, no need to list all the champions, just the top ten, perhaps, of each column (Ashe > Eve - not sure if it's in order).

7) The "I eat pain" image may be a tad too much... You don't want this to be too gory.

8) Your videos aren't done that well... I'd consider redoing them, having camera lock on Morde at all times, so the screen doesn't slip to where your mouse is. But kudos for the videos!

9) Your tips and tricks section could be put under your skill explanation section, like in my Ashe guide.

♡ sig by me ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 6:38pm | Report
Hawk: Absolutely not :P Have fun with those >30 requests :P

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Bellator
<Member>
Bellator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 7:08pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Are the featured ones that bad?
I'm pretty sure they're good except for the fact that Dyrus uses HP5/lvl seals.

They WERE Good... Now they should be archived and/or redone.

My guide is constantly being fine tuned... Doesn't just happen overnight. Don't be mean. </3
HUEHAEHUAEHUAEHUAEHAEHUEH :3
ShadowNet
<Editor>
ShadowNet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 11:57pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

ShadowNet's Mordekaiser Guide
Verdict: A well-written and amusing Mordekaiser guide.
Possible Improvements: The author's attempt at videos is admirable, but they need to be fine-tuned. I think the lack of spell vampirism is a bad idea. I found nothing else wrong with this guide, and it was a good, enlightening read :)

Constructive Criticism:

1) Quint of Swiftness? :/

2) No need to list sight ward in your Purchase Order.

3) No spell vamp?

4) When using separators:

[enter]
[enter]
--- ---
[enter]
[enter]

[masteries]?

5) Exhaust?

6) lol lol, Love your "Champ Ghost" section. I'd definitely cut it down though, no need to list all the champions, just the top ten, perhaps, of each column (Ashe > Eve - not sure if it's in order).

7) The "I eat pain" image may be a tad too much... You don't want this to be too gory.

8) Your videos aren't done that well... I'd consider redoing them, having camera lock on Morde at all times, so the screen doesn't slip to where your mouse is. But kudos for the videos!

9) Your tips and tricks section could be put under your skill explanation section, like in my Ashe guide.

1) You're faster than your opponents, you'll have easier time harassing them and if they try to strike back, you can back off quickly, making them give up. I find them very viable, they help you throughout the whole game.

2) Yeah, should add another chapter about wards. Felt like adding one in the build, to remind people that wards exist.

3) It will take too much room to Quote it, http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/carry-me-morde-108278?page=5 Check out Dufftime's post (third from top). I'll eventually make "The path of the Sparkling Spell Vampire".

4) I'm using --- ,colored in black :)
And what about masteries? Should I add pictures of the Mastery tree?

5) Ignite out weights Exhaust, because it synergises with Children of the Grave. It adds another DoT and without Ignite your ultimate can be countered easily. (support champs, pots) Ghost is important for initiating battles, escaping ganks, going back to your lane, chasing etc. Removing your mobility spell will cripple you.

6) I'll see to it. It's not in order, I added them randomly. :d

7) I'm thinking about removing the sword from his arm, not sure about chest wounds and arrows. They aren't that noticeable.

8) I've made the mistake to have Num+ as "Start recording" button, LoLreplay uses the same button to skip forward -.- . Also should I record them at normal speed (each video can be 6-10 mins or more, not sure that people will stick that long to watch them) or combine normal,3x,4x like now?

9) I felt like adding them at the end, as a reward for reading the guide. :) I'll move them up.

Thanks for the criticism!

+Rep to seal the deal :P
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 12:58am | Report
Type in [masteries] into your guide, and you'll see what I mean. I meant, why no mention of Exhaust as a viable summoner spell? With regards to your videos, they aren't that bad, but they are a bit disjointed. I'd keep them at the same speed throughout, so if you choose 2x, 3x or 4x, keep it at that speed, don't change speeds halfway, unless something awesome happens, and even then, it's hard to control with LoLReplay.

Still don't agree with Movement Speed Quints - compared to Quints of Fortitude they aren't that great. Also I saw that many other people thought that your guide needed some spell vamp. Just chuck an early Hextech Revolver into the purchase order, and don't show it upgraded - let the reader pick which item they want.

haha, no worries! It was a good guide to read :)

♡ sig by Jovy ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide