Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Malzahar build

Creator: Max Carter July 29, 2011 3:36pm
1 2
Max Carter
<Member>
Max Carter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 3:36pm | Report
Little help with malzahar build? I looked some guides but they are much in the opinion of the creater...

I noticed malzahar don't have low CD's to spam like veigar... So, he needs CDR?

Starting with Doran's Ring
In my build I want at least 1 survability item -> Rod of Ages or Rylai's Crystal Scepter (prefer ROA)
boots -> Sorcerer's Shoes or Ionian Boots of Lucidity
must on every caster: Rabadon's Deathcap
3 slots left, what would be good? Spellvamp? Deathfire Grasp for the passive shot? More survability? IDK...
If CDR, wich CDR item?
If survability, wich? Guardian Angel, Aegis of the Legion, Zhonya's Hourglass or other?

Can you guys help me? I'm very noob on casters... What is better to malza? Is Spellvamp good on casters? (specifically Veigar and Malza)... Idk, give me your opinions

Using 9/0/21
Ghost and Flash because he don't have escaping abilities... I like Teleport too, and Ignite, but as I said before, I can't flee
Actually I don't have real runes for casters, so: HP flat quints, MR/lvl glyphs, Mana/lvl seals and MagicPen marks...
Thx for Nyoike for this sig! Tanks FTW s2
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 4:11pm | Report
ROA
Sorc boots
Rabadon
Banshee
2 strong AP items (Will of the Ancients/Rylai/Hourglass/Void Staff/Abyssal Scepter).

That's a pretty good build.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Max Carter
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 4:51pm | Report
Do you know if CDR is really needed on Malza?

Oh, I forgot to mention, is Archangell's Staff a good item, for sure, gives a lot of mana, mana regen and AP... But Is it viable as the 4th item? maybe 5th?
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 5:33pm | Report
Max Carter wrote:

Do you know if CDR is really needed on Malza?

Oh, I forgot to mention, is Archangell's Staff a good item, for sure, gives a lot of mana, mana regen and AP... But Is it viable as the 4th item? maybe 5th?

His E is very spammable, and that itself does alot of damage. AA staff can really put anywhere, its usually my 1st item after my boots.

CDR is not a must on malz, as I said before your E is spammy, and your Q is on a 8 second cooldown. That isn't too bad. If you feel like it is you can go ahead, and throw a morello's evil tome on there.
Piksel4o
<Member>
Piksel4o's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 12:58am | Report
Getting CDR/level or flat CDR runes, combined with blue buff (which you should be carrying at all times when possible) will pretty much grant you all the CDR you want, so you don't really need to get special items for that.

About the spellvamp, it's a matter of opinion, really. I preffer getting either a Void Staff or Abyssal Mask, depending on the enemie's composition, in order to maximase my damage output.

Deathfire Grasp should be taken if you are facing 3 or more "tankier" champs.

Pefect build for me would be:
1. Sorcerer's Shoes
2. Rabadon's Deathcap
3. Rod of Ages
4. Banshee's Veil
5. Abyssal Mask
6. Zhonya's Hourglass
Thanks to Alexanpt and wRAthoFVuLK for the AWESOME sigs!
Max Carter
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 7:49am | Report
Void Staff only with 3 or more champions with what? 120 MR or more?

How much is a good amount of AP to have mid and late? mid around 100-150 and late 450-650?

edit:
ha, i'm doing well [: But I'm giving more assists than getting kills :/ Or i'm missing my skills, or i'm not lucky, well, IDK. And I still affraid to using my ultimate, IDK if I use when the enemy is with high health, or when he's about to escape, or dying... or if I use it like a stop for ultimates...
Malza have some high CDS, i'll get CDR glyphs... flat or per level?

my scores:
1st game: 9/7/14 - Sorcerer's Shoes / Rod of Ages / Rabadon's Deathcap / Morello's Evil Tome / Will of the Ancients / Zhonya's Hourglass - The game ended before I could put zhonya's in action
2nd game: 8/11/14 - Sorcerer's Shoes / Rod of Ages / Will of the Ancients / Rabadon's Deathcap / Banshee's Veil / Archangel's Staff - This was the game I reach the highest amount of AP, because of AA staff for last item, I got near 650. 11 kils because I let cait mid and went bot with irelia... They were focusing me, I died 4 or 5 times early, but irelia always got kills... Bot was the same for each team on kills and deaths... 1 kill for 1 death
3rd game: 4/2/10 - Doran's Ring / catalyst the protector / Blasting Wand / Sorcerer's Shoes / Mejai's Soulstealer - Easy game, top and bot getting kills and pushing well, their jungler (WW) failed very bad on every gsnk... they fed lux and trynda... I was very well on mid with veigar. They surrender, easy game
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 12:52pm | Report
Flat CDR.

You should generally go straight for a Void Staff after getting RoA and Deathcap, unless you need defense from Banshee's Veil. It's a very powerful item.

Stop buying Will of the Ancients. Catalyst is enough sustain for early/mid game.

Malz doesn't need Archangel's Staff either.

Piksel's build is good, although personally I'd use the Void Staff over the Scepter, then sell Sorc Shoes for Merc Treads.

Regarding ultimate use, you shouldn't be afraid to use it to catch out of position enemies. Late-game, you can pin someone down and your team can just pounce on them, getting a pick and winning you Baron, a tower, or even the game.
Max Carter
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 4:27pm | Report
ok

one last question: If i'm doing realy well and want Mejai's Soulstealer what should I replace?
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 5:01pm | Report
If you're doing well enough to merit getting Soulstealer then the enemy team should have surrendered long before you even consider finishing your final build.

Don't buy Soulstealer though. It's not a reliable item. :/
Max Carter
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 7:57pm | Report

If you're doing well enough to merit getting Soulstealer then the enemy team should have surrendered long before you even consider finishing your final build.

Don't buy Soulstealer though. It's not a reliable item. :/

even a 4/2/10 score? why not?
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide