Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

My thus-far build of choice for Vi -...

Creator: Kirluu February 9, 2014 6:36am
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 6:36am | Report
Hi there folks. Recently, I've started writing a new guide for Vi, and I'd like to share with you the typical build I try to go for, when I play her. I'd rather not put all of my reasoning for my choices into this thread, so I hope to just get some feedback on the build itself, and whether there are any crucial aspects of items that I'm missing out on, by not building said items for Vi.

So then, here goes:

Please do post away, if I am missing out on anything specific with this build. I feel it fulfills the role as a tanky damage-dealer/disruptor (her kit and BC being the plentiful sources of damage).
I'm especially pondering about items such as Iceborn Gauntlet, Trinity Force and Locket of the Iron Solari(I have currently listed this particular item as a definite viable option to go for, in certain circumstances, but should it be core?)

Thanks in advance, folks.
Kirluu~

EDIT: On a side note, is there a way for me to showcase the Ninja Tabi with the Enchantment: Homeguard on it, rather than next to it?
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 7:14am | Report
I'd say BV is better than Visage on Vi because you essentially waste the heal increment passive. Triforce seems good, same as Locket but I wouldn't build Gauntlet on her.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 7:19am | Report
I'm personally not hugely fond of a Guardian Angel on tanks but I guess it works. You should also consider Spirit of the Elder Lizard and Mobility Boots.
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 8:46am | Report
Part of why I prefer SV over BV on her is the cooldown reduction. In lategame you won't want to take any blue buffs, since you typically want one of your teamates to have it, and thus the CDR from SV is well given. All accounted for, you end up with 30 % CDR, and as you can guess, it's pretty important to have Cease and Desist up as often as possible, to be useful in fight upon fight.
And then there's the sort of unviable reasoning, such that regeneration is improved, making Baron buff regen even stronger, but yeah, as I said, that's not really important enough to be a valid argument, I guess.

My only problem with Triforce is the huge investment you have to make, so if anything, at current standing, I'd get it as my last item, instead of GA, which is kind of a niche item.

@Vynertje: GA provides not only its passive itself, but also the mental passive which I'm actually more interested in, but perhaps it isn't the very best item choice for the last slot? I'm not too certain. ~85 % of my games are long over before I get anywhere near having to build my last item, so it's a bit difficult for me to openly debate about that last item slot.

In regards to Spirit of the Elder Lizard, I am aware, and have it under a seperate build path, if one should be inclined towards dealing more damage (As per lack of damage-output on the rest of one's team), and the Mobility Boots are also currently under an honorable mention. Supposed it's just my preference to run with the Tabi instead.
Is the Tabi horribly wrong to go for? I wouldn't believe so, because it helps fulfill the role that I like to fit into with Vi, but maybe Mobility Boots is just that much better, supposedly?
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 9:39am | Report
Spirit of the Elder Lizard, Boots of Swiftness, Locket of the Iron Solari, Last Whisper, Randuin's Omen, Guardian Angel? Nice mix of tankiness and damage, imo.

Optional are Black Cleaver, Trinity Force and Blade of the Ruined King.

Kirluu wrote:
EDIT: On a side note, is there a way for me to showcase the Ninja Tabi with the Enchantment: Homeguard on it, rather than next to it?

No.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 9:47am | Report
Cream, in my eyes, I see Black Cleaver as absolute core on Vi. I can't take that away. You Q, AA and E, and you've got 35 % armor shred going. Two more hits and it's 45 %.
Can't take that away, imo.

I don't see how Boots of Swiftness is better than Mercury's Treads in the abscency of Spirit of the Ancient Golem? That tenacity has to be worth more than the slight extra movement out of CC. You have the Q to close distances anyhow, which helps you getting to ult the right target.

I see Locket of the Iron Solari as something to get if nobody else is getting it, and there's enough of a magic damage threat on the enemy team (That is, there are cases when 5/5 are tank or ad on a single team, many cases).

On the other hand, when going offensive, I currently consider the following build:
Spirit of the Elder Lizard, Mercury's Treads, Black Cleaver, Randuin's Omen, Last Whisper and Guardian Angel.
This provides ridiculous armor penetration, and decent AD to go with it, with 3 AD items.

On a final note, I think getting Blade of the Ruined King isn't necessary, because Denting Blows provides more than enough attack speed. The %-health damage might be pretty strong, as well as the Active for chasing, but I dunno. It doesn't seem like it'd be worth it in comparison to the likes of Last Whisper.

EDIT: If any of my reasoning at some point falters somehow, please correct me or advise me otherwise, because when I argue, I typically don't see the other side of the argument very well, and have the general misconception that I am typically right in what I'm saying, which is an unhealthy trait when I'm really just here to ask for help.. :C
-
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 1:03pm | Report
Boots of Swiftness actually aid your Q, they reduce your MS penalty.

I think that if you put them in, your offensive build will work very nice against an AD comp.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 1:26pm | Report
Then again, an AD enemy team, does in no way limit their crowd control. In the case that enemies can cancel your Q charge, I think it's definitely more important to get out of the stun quicklier and keep running afterwards for easilier landing the new Q, rather than the slight MS bonus while running with it.
The point you're brining with Boots of Swiftness I believe is covered very well by Mobility Boots and if I was missing movement speed while charging Q, I'd opt for Mobility over Swiftness any day, really. :/

No other comments? I think I got something out of this so far, but I think there's potential for me to be able to take a few more notes from this, but thank you all for your replies thus far. :3
-
extradelicious
<Lucky Charm>
extradelicious's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 12:32am | Report
GA should be like a 40 minutes in complete luxury item. A sunfire or banshees (depending on enemy teamcomp) would probably be more useful.

GA still does work, but just my two cents.

You "can" go spirit of the elder lizard instead of golem if you get some early kills: lizard + BT is really awesome for ganking lanes since you have guaranteed ganks with your ultimate, however would keep the golemn spirit in most cases.

The build is pretty solid, you can stay with it if you want.

for the items you are pondering, iceborn could be worth in certain situations, but tri-force costs too much so unless you are like a 10-0 vi who is rolling in cash... iron solari works, but usually in soloqueue id be a little greedier and just go for a sunfire
Proud Coach of MHS League of Legends Teams.
Double_E
<Stalker>
Double_E's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 4:05am | Report
I love building Iceborn Gauntlet on Vi, as it gives you a nice damage boost from the AoE passive without having to build any AD items and improves your clear time by a fair bit, but it's only really necessary against teams who have either a lot of mobility or kiting potential.

Otherwise your Q and R should be enough, combined with your other team-member's CC.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide