Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New Guide, New Game Mechanics, and some overall...

Creator: HeAt April 7, 2011 12:15pm
1 2
HeAt
<Veteran>
HeAt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 12:15pm | Report
Hey everyone, i need to get back into mobafire, havent been around lately, but i have a few questions for you guys, you can answer in a Q/A or just numbered answer format.

1. Would you like to see builds that use videos as opposed to written guides. I.E. i would fill in only the basic build information, such as runes, masteries, items, summoners, then use a video with commentary for a full guide, showing you how to jungle/lane, harass, etc.

2. What champs do you need guides for. I'm working hand in hand with colbycheeze, redds, and scrax, maybe even more people, to get these videos done. Colby and I will be taking most of the footage, and the videos will be posted on youtube as well as the site

3. Would you like me to create an item tier list. Some people seem to REALLY not know what items are good or bad. People walking around saying a phantom dancer is pro or a sunfire cape is needed really need some help, i wouldn't mind making the tier list, and you can find some others, but i would make my own and it would take TIME...

4. Anything i missed that you want? :S

Let me know!
- HeAt
Everybody! Don't Forget To Check out Some of My Beatboxing @ www.youtube.com/heatbbx and give me that +rep if i helped you out :)
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 12:26pm | Report
that item list sounds like a nice idea.

you should beatbox in your videos :x

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 12:27pm | Report
The item tier list has been discussed and people didn't seem to like the idea for some reason. As for builds, you'd be best off going with both written info and videos as backup.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 12:33pm | Report
1. yes.

2. Trundle, Morgana, Nasus, Poppy, AD Blitz

3. I think an Item tier list would be nice IF it's done in a way so as to not cause confusion. For instance, when is RoA>Rylai's for AP nukers who need health?
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Read
<Member>
Read's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 1:10pm | Report
Yah item tier list will have to very...how do say? Wide? for instance Ryze is built completely differently than any other caster. Some caster need to build tanky, some cant. Some dps build tanky some build lifesteal or AS. It is very subjective and situational per champ and per role. I think that it would be difficult.

However, I think your going more along the lines of XYZ is a great item. This is why. ABC is an OK item almost always because blah blah blah. Still would be hard IMO.
Join me, or fall forever
HeAt
<Veteran>
HeAt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 2:07pm | Report
actually, contrary to popular belief, items have tiers regardless. no matter what champ items are hands down better than others.
Everybody! Don't Forget To Check out Some of My Beatboxing @ www.youtube.com/heatbbx and give me that +rep if i helped you out :)
tinolas
<Member>
tinolas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 3:20pm | Report
1. Yes

2. Sona

3. Yes, I'm interested what it would look like cause I do have my own in mind ^^
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 5:20pm | Report
1. Videos and Writtern text have their place.
A good guide will have both, but I wouldn't mind written guides because some people just aren't good at making videos.

2. Karma, Cassiopeia, Lee Sin, Corki, Maokai <- Make builds for these people right away, and don't you dare look at any other champion I may be writing for until you're done. :)

3. Hell no.
Items are dependent on which champion you're playing with, and playing against. Despite some items having statistical superiority to others, in a game like this tier-list sonly work to narrow people's minds.

I once had to deal with a Shen building Aegis, Sunfire, and Randuin when there was an Annie, Mordekaiser, and Amumu roflstomping us with magic damage. Despite me telling him he needed Magic Resist, he kept saying: "These are Shen's best items."
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2011 1:26am | Report
I don't understand why people seem to think that only certain items work for a char , then get locked into a item build even though it's not working and the person isn't willing to switch .
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
HeAt
<Veteran>
HeAt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2011 6:24am | Report
no idea. and jun i have a corki build bro.. :S
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide