Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Vayne in 5 minutes by Ace Ventura

Creator: Ace Ventura October 26, 2011 7:59am
1 2 3 4 5
Ace Ventura
<Member>
Ace Ventura's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 7:59am | Report

Introduction

Welcome one and all! I will make a quick guide about Vayne presenting my build and giving some general tips. Instead of making a complete guide and putting tons of effort this is what I will do. You can expect more in 5 minute guides from me in the future, but I'm starting with Vayne as my favorite ranged DPS champion. I posted it as tread as I don't really care for votes, I want and I like discussions and this is best place where you can do that.

Runes

Greater Mark of Desolation

Masteries

Summoner Spells

Skill Priority

Item Selection

Item Start

Item Core

Required Mid Game

Situational and Worth Replacing Items

Item Build Examples

Standard Build

Anti-CC Build

Note: This in 5 minute guide is not finished yet! Build is up, but general tips and strategies incoming!

"You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the **** on."

Check my all-inclusive guides:
Kayle, a Life of an Archangel

Check my in 5 minute guides:
Vayne Olaf
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 9:56am | Report
Skill order is not optimal.

Silver bolts is the superior skill to max first.

I feel Vayne does so much with AS that you might as well build Bers greaves early as well. I can see why you don't, seeing as you don't max Silver bolts, but your early-mid game is suffering -tremendously- as a result.

Wriggles is a fine choice as a starting item. I also agree that if you buy Wriggles, your next items are PD - I.E.

Rune choice is decent. Masteries are decent if you are running the dodge boots, but that's a choice I only somewhat agree with. It's not really bad I suppose.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 10:43am | Report
Most people use the skill order that you're using Ace. And I think I agree with it.

Duff is just special.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 10:50am | Report
Sooner or later it'll catch on and Silver bolts will be the #1 Vayne skilling order.

It's so drastically superior.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 11:04am | Report
I usally see tumble maxed 1st O.o

IMO they all are better at different things

Tumble ---> Harass
SB ---> DPS
Condemn ---> Nuke

But yeh, I usually see people max tumble using condemn for utility, or people maxing condemn using tumble for utility :o

Rarely do I see people rush SB, so I have no opinion on it...

I dun like vayne in any case, she's boring, short range, and annoying >.<
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 11:09am | Report
She's bad *** when you max bolts.

DPS goes through the roof, you're a terror all game long instead of just end game because of bad skill order.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 11:12am | Report
But then she's even MORE boring -.-

You'd be all: 'Right click allll day errrr' day'
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 11:13am | Report
I think the reason silver bolts is generally not maxed first is because you're not really gonna get much procs of it in the laning phase as you need to focus on last hitting.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 11:17am | Report
Maxing Silver Bolts may work well for you Duff but I wouldn't call it 'drastically superior'.
Condemn deals the highest early game damage when maxed but is of course a lot more situational because it relies on enemies making mistakes (or of course using Alistars Headbutt to place someone near a wall ^^). Tumble is nice for lasthitting, however it deals bonus damage based on Vayne's AD so leveling it first really doesn't make sense. Same goes for Silver Bolts though (to a lesser extent) as leveling a skill that deals damage based on enemies' max health on every third hit doesn't make a huge difference early game (unless the base true damage is the reason for leveling it early, not sure about the strength of that).

If your positioning is pro, go for Condemn. If you have trouble lasthitting, go for Tumble. If you want to harass actively (by hitting your enemies three times - not always easy to do - instead of once), go for Silver Bolts.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Ace Ventura
<Member>
Ace Ventura's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 11:19am | Report
Yes I usually do grab Berserker's Greaves early, but I upgrade them into dodge boots as soon as I feel problems with physical damage.

Attack speed Seals and Glyphs will help at early last hitting of course, but do they really works better then dodge and flat magic resist overall? Not really. These runes can be replaced well only with armor Seals and Desolation Quints, and magic resist per level Glyphs.

Condemn is superior skill to max early if you know how to use it effectively. Silver Bolts is skill that should be maxed last because bonus damage isn't really noticeable and it deals damage based on % of opponents HP. You also need higher attack speed early to pull off procs. That's skill that should be maxed last always.

"You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the **** on."

Check my all-inclusive guides:
Kayle, a Life of an Archangel

Check my in 5 minute guides:
Vayne Olaf
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide