Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Attempt to revive EUW inhouses

Creator: Khazem March 29, 2017 6:10pm
1 2 3 4 5
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2017 6:10pm | Report
Hello idiots. You may remember me as the guy who hosted the EUW (and some of the NA) inhouses several years ago, or the guy who played a lot of Riven, or the guy who was (and still is) superior to Vapora Dark in every way imaginable. Either way, I'm making this post because even though the EUW inhouses were frustrating, ridiculous, unbalanced, filled with absolute cretins and an overall giant pile of salt, I still kind of miss them and perhaps some of you do too.
Now, I haven't been around the mobafire forums or chatroom in a very long time so I have no idea if there are even enough active players to even attempt any inhouse games, but that's why I'm making this thread.

My current plan is to try and gather enough people for a couple of games, or just to see how many people are currently interested this Saturday at 19:00 CEST. I don't know exactly how I'm going to gather people initially since they kind of messed up chatrooms a bit, so I guess if you are interested in showing up this Saturday, you can add me in-game (IGN: Wofty Minge), post in this thread, or be present in the MOBAFire Discord server around 18:30 CEST. If it works, good, if not, I will make another attempt next week.

I do intend to keep it going if it does work out, at least for a while and will probably make it a bi-weekly thing unless there is enough interest to do it every week.

If anyone has any suggestions to make organising everything a bit easier, or if people prefer a different time/date, or whatever other suggestions you may have, feel free to let me know in this thread.
Lady Amelyne
<Member>
Lady Amelyne's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2017 6:12pm | Report
go away spirit you do not belong in this world
Credits go to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2017 11:34pm | Report
Khazem wrote:
EUW inhouses were frustrating, ridiculous, unbalanced, filled with absolute cretins and an overall giant pile of salt.

Now do I want to join something described to be cancer?

Yes. Yes I do. Sign me up.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2017 1:34am | Report
Omg DAVY!

Fit description. I might try to join sometime but I stream at that hour and IIRC wait times between games between people brb'ing and just inexplicably being unresponsive are hellishly long. But I'll give it a go.

Edit: This Saturday is a no-go for me though.
Hoppermh
<Altruistic Artist>
Hoppermh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2017 4:44am | Report
I miss inhouses~ I wanna joins!
; u ; (btw I missed you Davy <3 !)
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2017 9:41am | Report
Dear Jesus ****, you sure must be lonely.

Also, gimme my money, you ****.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2017 9:47am | Report
Unlike a few years ago, Friday is a better day for me now. But I will ****ing send my friends home early and break my holy oath that I would only play Super Smash Bros. Melee until I could play it decently again if that means we can get a game going. There have been many accusations of referees playing favorites and whatnot in the past year(s?) so I think having you as a referee means everyone can be happy. Also, good to know Amelyne and GMD are joining inhouses again. ;-)

What voice chat system are we going to use? (so I can set it up)

Best April Fool's joke of the year by the way. :^)
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2017 10:04am | Report
There have been many accusations of referees playing favorites and whatnot in the past year(s?) so I think having you as a referee means everyone can be happy.

Not that I am accusing Khazem of anything because I don't even remember if he used to organize these back then, but what makes you think he'll be more "impartial"? :v I didn't even know this was an issue back in the day though, except maybe on NA.

Personally not interested from the get go, inhouse spirit is in the attitude and not in just cramming a bunch of nerds together for a few games. I might spectate and see if people are actually there for fun or just reviving their need to **** on person X and Y and/or to get their weekly dosage of clique-y behaviors.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2017 10:13am | Report
I'm interested, maybe, if my personal EUW account being level 22 is fine and people aren't gonna be jerks about it, but next week I won't be around because my parents are gonna be in town.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2017 10:19am | Report
if my personal EUW account being level 22 is fine and people aren't gonna be jerks about it
Pretty sure you should be able to use a level 30 account from one of the other regulars (depends which one has the most champs/runes), so that shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide