Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

NA - SR - 7/14/2012

Creator: wRAthoFVuLK July 9, 2012 3:31pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2012 8:51am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

NOT MY FAULT I'M A MAN UNLIKE MY BABY TEAMMATES.

Well your man mode left us high and dry ******* :P

But it's K because my master plan of "WARD BATTLES" caught mashed and led to our ULTIMATE VICTORY.

:D
Aharan
<Video Contributor>
Aharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2012 9:49am | Report

My take on shoutcasting the first game of the night.
Enjoy!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2012 11:20am | Report
HEY I wasnt missing my ults, they got out of range :P

And wow...I didnt realize Wrath had no wardage up there, no wonder he got ganked so much. His own fault :P
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2012 12:35pm | Report
Aharan / Darahas: when you're doing a cast, you should reduce the speed of your scroll and try to scroll less. When you were discussing builds or farm, you kept scrolling all over the map- it was very dizzying.
"You remind me of Good Will Hunting. Or Ramanujan. Take your pick."
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2012 12:59pm | Report
no dude, I did, he killed it every time...he killed at least 5 wards top.

Ya dude I'm a noob and don't ward.

>_>

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2012 1:03pm | Report
and no, it's like riven, he does a lot of damage with his abililties when you put AD on him...

I shoulda gotten Phage first though, I usually do but I derped coz I was so pissed ><

Also, that isn't my way of playing every top, that is my way of playing tops that are build that way...basically only Jayce and Riven (no fromal on Riven tho)

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2012 1:13pm | Report

and no, it's like riven, he does a lot of damage with his abililties when you put AD on him...

All four of Riven's abilities have fantastic AD scaling. Not only does stacking AD allow her to have a huge amount of burst, but it also scales 1:1 with her shield, which has a rather short cooldown.

Jayce's Q has decent AD scaling. His W doesn't scale with it at all. Thundering Blow has a 1:1 scaling, but Acceleration has nothing. His ultimate has no scalings.

So basically stacking AD on Riven improves her entire kit at the same time, giving her a monstrous amount of offense on her abilities and passive procs while improving her resistance to burst. Jayce gets a more painful Q and stronger autoattacks.

They're not the same. Build how you like, but he is nothing like Riven.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2012 1:43pm | Report
Well keep in mind in cannon mode, his W at level 5 gives 135% AD in 3 max AS bursts...thats something.

Also his Q and E in hammer form scale extremely well with AD.

Only 2 of his 6 abililtes don't scale with AD, all the others scale very well.

JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2012 2:33pm | Report
IMO Jayce can do work with less AD then most AD tops. You just build for durability, and get at least 200 AD rest can go into durability...If all you do is stack AD, you're going to melt in team fights.

I'd build him like I do Olaf or Irelia. If you're a tanky bruiser (AKA Hammer form) you'll be much more versatile towards mid and late game. Jayce relies on abilities for damage in Hammer. Cannon plays like Corki/Graves with poke, some burst, but overall you're damage per second relying more on AAs...If you build for DPS you should be bot as the AD carry not top. Just my opinion.

And if he was killing your wards, and ganking you top, you need to let your tower die and freeze the lane back on our side of the map, not push Kennen's turret...Breakinging Kennen's lane like that simply allowed him to free farm, and then continue to get ganks on you with Mundo/Morg.

Even if you were winning 1v1, Mundo was still coming top to get you. We've had discussions about this, or I think we have. If you're losing your lane, the worst possible option is to push your lane and break the enemy turret, because then all you do is over extend and continue to put yourself behind. Just my 2 cents...Which ended up being like 4 paragraphs lol sorry :P
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2012 3:51pm | Report

Well keep in mind in cannon mode, his W at level 5 gives 135% AD in 3 max AS bursts...thats something.

Also his Q and E in hammer form scale extremely well with AD.

Only 2 of his 6 abililtes don't scale with AD, all the others scale very well.

First of all, it's 130%. Which is horrible. That's 130% of your AD in damage on 3 hits. That's .3 scaling plus your base damage. That is not a good AD scaling at all. Not to mention you have to stay in melee range as a squishy for 3 hits.

E scales 1:1, that's not that great. 1:1 AP is good because you can get like 800+ AP. Even Riven doesn't go above ~400 AD. Riven's W (which has the same scaling) also is AoE, while Jayce's is single-target. Riven can use that 1:1 scaling in a team fight to hit up to 5 targets, while Jayce's will still only get one.

Jayce's only ability that scales WELL with AD is his cannon form Q. If that's your reason for building him AD, you might as well play him bot lane. As an AD carry, you can spam gated Qs and autoattack to your heart's content while building tons of AD. If you're going to be a top laner or a jungler, you have to build some durability or you're going to melt too quickly. Jayce needs time to blow all his abilities and his 3 autos in hammer form. You can't do that if you don't build defense.

Jayce's mediocre hammer scalings, some of which are AP, make building him with gp10s and tanky items completely viable. I think building Jayce offensively with the right team comp can work, but you still need stuff like Randuin's, Maw, GA etc.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide