Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's ranked journey of teh luls (oce)

Creator: jhoijhoi July 31, 2012 10:52pm
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2013 5:53pm | Report

S3: Game 161 VICTORY

BANS: Wasn't paying attention

Story time! Newb is this guy I met through solo queue and eventually created a ranked team with, because he's a pretty solid player. And of course, my ranked team consists of Warlemming and co. Newb and I duo sometimes, but lately I've been not ranking due to sleeping, so he asked War to duo. I got jealous that they were duoing and thought I'd have my own game.

And then that happened :D

So we won pretty easily, seeing as it was effectively a 3-man premade, and we were able to co-ordinate ganks pretty well bot lane.

S3: Game 162 VICTORY

BANS:

So I was first pick and banned whoever I wanted to ban. And first pick on the enemy side locked in Caitlyn. So it came down to me and second pick to choose our champions. As per usual, I was going to go support, and leave the later picks the chance to counter pick. But then second pick locked in Lulu.

I was like, wut. Wut is dis. whut r dis. Luckily, my Shen is open. Bam. Immediately countered by Tryndamere AND Nocturne. Tryn was a real bully top lane. As much as I tried to stop him farming and to farm myself, he'd just chuck his chickens at me and I'd miss CS =.= Of course Lee couldn't gank because Tryn just span away constantly.

I did get one epic one-for-one kill, when Tryn dove me under tower and I Ghost'd, running around the tower in circles until we both died 8D

Despite Lulu DC'ing for the first 10 minutes of the game, Ez held up bot lane just fine. I managed to get in some sweet taunts and saves with my ult, and I'm quite happy with my ending score. T'was a good game :D
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2013 12:05pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

I will definitely continue, considering I only have a month to get to Plat? (lol jokes, I know I'm not that good).

I actually think you could get platinum quite easily if you played more often ( and I assume you don't have the time to, or you would ). Anyone who's managed to reach Gold 5 has the potential to become platinum if they try hard and play often enough.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2013 7:06pm | Report
Wow Vapora, thanks for that. Now I feel motivated to ranked ^^ It's a bit late now to try to get to Plat from Gold V, but meh :3

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2013 2:41am | Report

S3: Game 171 VICTORY

BANS:

First pick. So the moral of the story is: always play Janna.

Wow, I've got a lot of games now o.o

S3: Game 172 VICTORY

BANS: Can't remember

This game was a little intense. Second pick called support and I was third pick. So went with jungle. My jungling is a little rusty. My red was stolen immediately by Eve so I was underleveled for a long time. I fed a kill to Renekton top lane at an early point of the game (but not first blood, and no buff transfer).

No one blamed me for my mistakes. Probably because I Smite-stole Dragon when I could. Nasus seems pretty OP at the moment. No matter which team he's on, he just seems to carry. He split push all game, making it a 4v5 for the majority, but then he'd sweep in and pick off everyone on low health.

Unfortunately as I was always engaging with my ult, no one could peel for Jinx, so Jinx kept on getting smashed. Anyway. Good game.

♡ sig by owentheawesomer ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2013 3:23pm | Report

S3: Game 186 VICTORY

BANS:

Warleming and I were 3rd and 4th pick. First pick called top and locked in Rengar; I thought, okay, haven't seen a Rengar in a while, but he's probably confident with him. Got in game and he got absolutely stomped by the enemy top lane Alistar. Is top lane Alistar a thing? o.o

In other news, War owned bot lane as Tristana, as always. I just warded, healed and stunned whenever necessary. My first and only death occurred when Alistar roamed bot lane and got away with a kill on me =.=

Things looked a little hairy after a few of our allies died one after the other at allied blue buff, but we nabbed dragon, got a tower bot and top and then had a fight near their red buff in which we aced them for none. They surrendered.

First ranked game in a while that hasn't been 4v5.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2013 4:59pm | Report

S3: Game 189 DEFEAT

BANS: Can't remember

jhoijhoi wrote:
First ranked game in a while that hasn't been 4v5.

Jinx'd it.

These are the OCE games I remember, know, and love.

Nidalee rage quit after dying top lane to Renekton and came back ages later to feed him some more when she was level 4 and he was level 13.

Lee Sin was a complete bro, but it wasn't enough. Pretty crummy game.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Nera
<Member>
Nera's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2013 2:49am | Report
You can do it Jhoi!:D Get that plat<3
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2014 6:55pm | Report

jhoijhoi's ranked journey of teh luls

Welcome to my thread of ranked games!

This season, I'm aiming to get to Plat! I won't update this post with my current elo, as the screenshots should supplement my thread well enough. Future updates will be via posts, and not in this thread body, so if you want to come along for the ride of teh luls, don't forget to check back every now and then :3

SEASON FOUR

SEASON TWO

SEASON THREE

S E A S O N F O U R

Aspirations for S3

I intend to get to Plat this season. I ended S3 with Gold V and about 250 games played in normals and ranked (ie not much). If I dedicate a set amount of time to playing ranked, I SHOULD improve and hopefully get there!

Champions I'll be Playing

It seems I do best in the Support role. But just in case, here is my line-up for Season Four. I will only be playing 3 champions per role, in order to boost my skill with them and ensure I can gain experience with these champions against a variety of different lane match-ups.

Support:
ADC:
Jungler:
Solo Top:
APC:
Taric, Janna, Sona
Caitlyn, Graves, Tristana
Warwick, Malphite, Nasus
Nasus, Warwick, Irelia
Morgana, Ahri, Lux

S4: Game 1

BANS: Can't remember...

VICTORY

So this game started with Caitlyn immediately DC'ing. Not good. She came back in time to help Lee take Red. We headed to bot lane and farmed passively until Level 2, wherein Leona all-in'd with Ignite too. But they didn't get the kill. Enemy bot lane was very aggressive. Caitlyn was a little derp, missing CS to try and trade scratch damage.

Top lane Warlemming was owning Pantheon and suddenly he got first blood as Panth died to a canon minion. Panth then rage quit for a while. Lee Sin wasn't bad, and Ahri wasn't bad. Our team was okay. But their team had little cohesion.

They surrendered. T'was a good game to start the season!

SEASON THREE

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2014 7:14pm | Report
Do you always start with a taric game?
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2014 7:44pm | Report
lol, apparently. It wasn't a conscious decision :P

♡ sig by Jovy ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide