Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's ranked journey of teh luls (oce)

Creator: jhoijhoi July 31, 2012 10:52pm
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2014 3:48am | Report

S4: Game 2

DEFEAT
BANS: Can't remember

What I Know
> Caitlyn has longer range than Jinx, which will make it easier for me to harass her
> Annie has a relatively long-ranged stun, and high burst at 6
> Thresh's Lantern can help me get out of awkward situations IF he's not too gungho

What I Want to Know
> Why I get put with randoms who lock in as LeBlanc when we already have a top, mid and support
> Whether jungle LeBlanc works o.o
> Whether I will be able to do well against the potentially high damage of bot lane

What I Learnt
> Jungle LeBlanc is not good
> Amumu is still a strong jungler, with strong ganking potential
> I need to focus on dealing more scratch damage when laning, especially with Headshot

S4: Game 3

VICTORY
BANS: Can't remember

What I Know
> Janna is a good pick against a Leona for disengages
> Jinx will not be able to follow up on Leona's engages due to Lucian's kit
> I will need to keep all nearby brush warded

What I Want to Know
> How come Jinx's hit box for her zap is bigger than the warning display?
> Whether Jinx and Leona have any synergy
> Is Gragas still viable? o.o

What I Learnt
> Janna synergises well with Yasuo!
> Jinx does not have enough burst damage to follow up on Leona's engages
> Thornmail is still a thing
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2014 3:52am | Report
Love the analysis btw :D
^^ Check out my Gangplank Guide! ^^
+Rep is OP! Special Forces Gangplank!!
jamespongebob
<Wingman>
jamespongebob's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2014 3:58am | Report
I'm going to guess that Gragas is still viable from the results. I seriously don't get where all the hate for Thornmail is coming from. It's like seriously, does it have to be you only have thornmail once? During the tutorial -_-

Congrats on your victory, and good luck on your ranked journey!
My Guides

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2014 2:57pm | Report

S4: Game 4

VICTORY
BANS:

What I Know
> Janna and Lucian synergise well together (learnt from previous game)
> Janna does not synergise well with Fiddlesticks or Kennen :/
> Are we in Season 2? Except for the Lucian we could be. Dat Akali pick.

What I Want to Know
> Is there a way to be less obvious about Annie's stun?
> Is it really more efficient to Smite your buff straight away?
> Is Fiddlesticks mid viable?

What I Learnt
> Trying to use Cruciable + Shield + Trinket Pink = button mashing = R? Sorry team :/
> Annie telegraphs her all-ins, so it's easy to predict when she wants to engage
> AoE comp returns?

♡ sig by me ♡
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 2:17am | Report
@Is there a way to be less obvious about Annie's stun?

A lot of people don't check the number of stacks. Keep your stun at 3 stacks and then E before your engage (as it'll make it 4 stacks, costs only 20 mana and you'll need it during the fight anyway) and then when you do have 4 stacks it's best to either flash (if they're sure-kills/you are receiving a gank)/ hang around in the brush till enemy support/AD are close enough for Q W or R stun (make sure to have brush control all the time). Unless, of course, you can just catch them out.

@Game 3:

If you can play Lulu you should since she's a way better pick against Leona. Good against Thresh, too. Janna still has the disengage but it's not as lane-changing, if you will, as it was back in S3.

Jinx can follow up on Leona engages very nicely, these players must've just not done it right. Shouldn't draw conclusions based on one game. Their kits are good together. If you look at it closely zap's warning shrinks as she "charges" it. It's similar to Thresh's hook in a way. The hook doesn't seem to have as wide a hitbox as it does.

by jhoijhoi
jamespongebob
<Wingman>
jamespongebob's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 2:37am | Report
Quoted:

@Is there a way to be less obvious about Annie's stun?

A lot of people don't check the number of stacks. Keep your stun at 3 stacks and then E before your engage (as it'll make it 4 stacks, costs only 20 mana and you'll need it during the fight anyway) and then when you do have 4 stacks it's best to either flash (if they're sure-kills/you are receiving a gank)/ hang around in the brush till enemy support/AD are close enough for Q W or R stun (make sure to have brush control all the time). Unless, of course, you can just catch them out.

@Game 3:

If you can play Lulu you should since she's a way better pick against Leona. Good against Thresh, too. Janna still has the disengage but it's not as lane-changing, if you will, as it was back in S3.

Jinx can follow up on Leona engages very nicely, these players must've just not done it right. Shouldn't draw conclusions based on one game. Their kits are good together. If you look at it closely zap's warning shrinks as she "charges" it. It's similar to Thresh's hook in a way. The hook doesn't seem to have as wide a hitbox as it does.

I agree about that comment on Annie. It can be a bit predictable as well if you approach the enemy, but going all in suddeenly and procing pyromaniac with Molten Shield is pretty effective.

I'm not sure if this is still true, but I remember that Frostfire Annie's Molten Shield used to make the grey swirl indicator nearly impossible to detect. This may have changed when Annie got her visual update though.
My Guides

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 2:42am | Report
I'm not sure how Lucian and Janna have good synergy tbh. That's not to say they're horrible together, I just don't see what makes it so special :P

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 2:42am | Report
I thought you could throw q and while the particle hasn't hit yet turn on Molten Shield to get 4 stacks and the q will stun?
EdisonKhoo
<Guide Critic>
EdisonKhoo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 3:13am | Report
I prefer to Disintegrate> Molten Shield and Incinerate when I have 2 stacks before Disintegrate lanes. If you have 3 stacks already, enemies will be very cautious already, so I think 2 stacks is more better :3.

P/s: of course...smartcast everything >_<
Thanks to jhoijohi for this sig ^^
Check out my Syndra guide here
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 4:24am | Report
@Gragas viability: I'm just seeing him in a lot of recent games and I'm not sure why. He dropped off the face of the earth, as far as I know, after the whole Gragas + Ashe combo ages ago.

@Annie tips: Thanks for that guys. I never considered that an Annie may just be "one spell away from stun proc", and just waiting for the opportune moment to get the stun up. Will definitely be more cautious from now on and count the stacks. Do the stacks appear on her champion bar the way Nasus Q stack does?

@Lulu suggestion: I bought her but haven't played her. I hear she's in a good spot right now. I'd have to practise her first, wouldn't want to risk losing a ranked game due to inexperience.

@Lucian & Janna: Well, they don't not synergise :P Perhaps a better word would be "compatible"?

S4: Game 5

DEFEAT
BANS:

What I Know
> Tristana isn't the best pick against Ez, but we should be okay
> Some nice synergy with Yasuo and Vi
> Janna's pretty fragile... hope we'll be okay.

What I Want to Know
> How well Janna does against Thresh...
> Whether I'll be able to protect my allies against Lissandra and Kha'zix burst.
> Jesus Christ, is this Tristana Bronze 6?

What I Learnt
> Nope, Tristana isn't Bronze, but they have only 95 wins in normal. Even my smurf account has more normal games pre30.
> No matter how well others play in their lane, if one lane feeds, it's incredibly hard to come back
> Current matchmaking is a joke. Surely S3 Plat Ez =/= our team with the 95 Normal Win Trist?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide