Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Jungle best role to get out elo hell?

Creator: cooper56 August 11, 2012 3:42pm
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2012 4:19pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

It's mostly about what you are best with
if your climbing the Solo lane is best
Jungling is also a good way to climb
i Prefer soloing top with a high damage bruiser

^Pretty much this, except personally I'm better mid. I think mid is a little more influential on other lanes (top is more secluded), but if you're a strong top then you can often dominate your opponent without much interference and get fed for mid game.

But if jungling is your best role, then go for it. You can definitely carry pretty hard from there. I usually see mid and top taken by lower elo players, so you should be able to jungle fairly often unless you're lastpick (not many support players out there unfortunately).
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2012 12:42pm | Report
mid carries hardest if you are one of those hyper aggressive roamers, not a farmfest mid like I am :P.

jungle can be pretty influential, but usually if your ganks fail you wont be able to do much for your team.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2012 3:39pm | Report
As said, it all depends on your best role. I've grinded Elo as support, it can be frustrating but if you enjoy the role it is all good.

I play in the jungle, and the reason I say it is a very effective way to carry low/mid Elo is because you can determine the pace of the game very easily. It is a misconception that you need to gank all day, it depends almost entirely on your team composition and your jungle pick. You can counter gank, counter jungle, set up dragons and objectives. Your presence in lane can push down a tower very easily, or prevent an enemy from pushing yours. You have the ability to feed a lane, or deny an enemy lane. You can be the master of warding for the lower Elo 'never-buy-a-ward' crowd, as well as be the oracles for your team.

That said any role can be effective to carry if played right.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 8:55am | Report
Berzerk wrote:

Mid TF is the best IMO, your ult gets kills everywhere and can put everyone ahead.

#1 Soloq carry

Chinese ppl ban him 24/7 cuz his global presence is broken

OT: Jungle carries well in low elo because you set up the momentum easily with bad enemies.
However as your elo gets higher the players get better and it gets harder to force a momentum in the game.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 10:43am | Report
I for one am sure I can't play tanky cc junglers for ****, I'm much better at snowballing junglers, like Evelynn and Diana
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 10:41pm | Report
any role really works well, you just needa know how to carry.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2012 12:27am | Report
i carried my way out of elo hell with shaco, 15 games 94% win ratio or something like that. Then i stopped playing jungle and now i'm just right clicking creeps in the bot-lane. *sadface*
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2012 7:46pm | Report
Jungle and mid i guess
Please Take a look at my Master Yi guide Double Strike OP(AS/Crit)
If I have ever helped you please press +rep
ShoreXShot
<Member>
ShoreXShot's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2012 11:37am | Report
My problem with jungle is that while it has potential it also has a-lot of downfalls especially at low ELO. The problems revolving around...

1) Lanes always being pushed (even after you ask them to let them off the tower) so you can't gank effectively. This then resulting in them getting ganked and you getting blamed for not ganking.

2) Multiple lanes doing bad so you can really only help one at a time.(be prepared for it being your fault)

3) Don't ever expect any help in the jungle if you catch them counter jungleing

4) If you are playing a tanky support jungle (amumu, malphit, Nautalis) it is extremely hard for you to carry, but the role is often necessary when your team doesn't have any form of initiation or minimal cc. Also the best late game jungle if you make it there.

If anyone has suggestions for these situations would love to hear them... I have had far too much trouble with this lately and would like some help with this.

In normals I do rather well keeping close to a 1.1 win rate solo-queuing but would like to do a lot better.

Thanks in advance,

ShoreXShot
If you felt I contributed or am just cool, drop me some rep +1 rep?
This and anything I say are my opinions (in no way facts), that are continually evolving as time goes on,
as I am far from an expert and always striving to learn more.
Variduse
<Member>
Variduse's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2012 3:08pm | Report
I like to jungle because of the momentum you can give your team, and if you keep track of all the buffs better than your opponrnt jungler you can really make a difference.

On the other hand you will have no responsibility for farming/overextended teammates which can result in hard losses without making a single mistake yourself, or if you do make a mistake it might cost you the game. (like dying bot lane when you came to gank but your teammates didn't come out to help) It takes some time to realise which junglers you're comfortable with and which plays you cant expect your team to make.

Personally, I think Mid champs can carry harder. Then again I don't consider myself a great mid-laner so i'm reluctant to play mid

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide