Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Luther Rages Part II - The Goldening

Creator: Luther3000 September 15, 2012 12:54pm
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 5:15pm | Report
Felt the same way when I was 5 elo from gold at the very beginning of my ranked journey.

I'm 1395 now 8D

Started at 1430. Got to 1495. Dropped down to 1350. Got up to 1450. Dropped down to 1390.

I plan to keep going, as I want gold this season.

And if I think I can do it, then there is absolutely no reason you can't too.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Berzerk
<Member>
Berzerk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 5:23pm | Report
Just keep at it (both Luther and Jhoi) Elo fluctuates you'll ge up to it. I had ~1530 mid season it decayed to 1490 got it back to 1500s, decayed again losing spree to 1440 then I got it back up to 1510 where it decayed 3 days before "highest Elo" became the award factor, at which point I had to go play rankeds to get it back again (lost first 2 won next 4). Elo is random like that, don't give up and keep going :)

Check out my complete guide to top lane here.
Check out my Jayce guide here.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 5:33pm | Report
Mowen's going on holiday tomorrow and the players in the enemy team are now better than I am, so this really is pretty much the end.

I just wish it hadn't let me get so close. For a moment I actually had hope that I would get it.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 5:39pm | Report
You win some and you lose some. You just have to keep playing until you win more than you lose.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 5:42pm | Report
Well that's not gonna happen now. This is over, just another thing I failed at. All these years and all this effort and I still suck.

I'm just gonna try to find some single player games to play or something I guess.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 7:40pm | Report
Don't worry I'll just bully him into playing again when I get back. He needs tough love. ^_^
Berzerk
<Member>
Berzerk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 7:42pm | Report
Lol Go for it mowen =D

Check out my complete guide to top lane here.
Check out my Jayce guide here.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 12:09am | Report
seriously bro

You've played 18 ranked games in total, being well in the positive, yet every time you lose a single game you feel like you suck and want to give up.

I don't mean to be rude, but with that kind of attitude, you won't make it. You really need to man up, face your losses, queue up some more and try and improve on whatever you did last game that you could have done better.

Climbing Elo is NEVER easy. Even if you're easily at a gold level in theory, it's still gonna take a bit of practice actually getting there if you haven't actually made the climb before.
Like I said, you're 12 and 6. Those are good stats and it shows that you've got what it takes to climb if you'd just play enough games.

While a big part of gaining Elo is skill and good desicion making, a lot of it is your attitude and how you deal with everything in these games. I know you've got the skill cause I've played with/against you plenty of times. You really just have to stop thinking about your team and how bad they all are and focus on YOUR OWN game. Mute everyone if you must, ignore their actions and try to do as good as you can regardless of how the game is going. Obviously, you should try and lead your team a bit by making calls and making good use of defensive/offensive pings (which is the only language these people understand) but you generally can't really depend on them if you're trying to carry them.

If you can just get into the right mindset, getting to gold will be the easiest thing you've ever done in your life.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 12:14am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Well that's not gonna happen now. This is over, just another thing I failed at. All these years and all this effort and I still suck.

Self-bullying pretty much?

But as Khazem said, stop crying and man the hell up. You won't build a card castle if you cry everytime a card falls, like you do right now.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 10:08am | Report
Khazem wrote:

If you can just get into the right mindset

I think it's pretty clear that I'll never be able to do that.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide