Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Master Yi for Victory, the S3 Journey of...

Creator: NicknameMy March 8, 2013 9:37am
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2013 4:34pm | Report
Why even build Avarice Blade on Garen anyway? He has one of the easiest face-roll laning phases in the game. I think you could farm enough gold for anything your heart could desire without it.

Edit: Pretty sure Garen can murder people with approximately Black Cleaver and all tank items. :p
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2013 7:28pm | Report

Doesn't Garen gain 0 from Youmuu's attack speed though?

he gains a -lil- bit from attack speed, mainly to proc mallet slows if you go that way, but the bigger deal is that it's probably the best early game item for him, crit chance is good cus of his e and q, the ms is godlike (you don't actually need to use q to gapclose with it and it helps towerdives so so much), the armor pen is great, the cdr is great, the ad is great, plus it builds out of bruta which is an awesome item for him.

it skyrockets his threat level early and mid game while also being a pretty good item lategame, everything on it besides the ad is still relevant lategame. I would get tbc if my team was ad heavy though.

@otg

i wouldn't really say garen can murder people with just tbc, with ghostblade + lw his damage is very good even lategame, but that is two items soo....

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2013 9:24am | Report
Since the active of Youmuu's Ghostblade got nerfed, I feel Statikk Shiv is superior. It gives more crit and the MS is everytime there. Also with Black Cleaver+ Spirit Visage+ Sorcery the CDR isn't needed aswell. And on top of that the passive. The armorpen is usefull, yes, but I already use armorpen marks and quints and Black Cleaver on top of it. For more damage my last item is Infinity Edge, which gives Garen the real damage. Can also be bought earlier if super fed after Randuin's Omen.

Atma's Impaler is garbage, especially at that build...

I get Avarice Blade mostly for the crit in combination with Zeal, as Garen is one of the best champs for crits, since his Judgment scales with it. It also gives crit many options to work, you will crit at least 1 time in every Judgment(as far as my experience). And it does very high damage then.

For attack speed in general, it is usefull on Garen because he also has cooldowns and he has to auto attack sometimes. Then it really helps, especially if it crits in combination with Infinity Edge.

And generally, my playstyle is more based about lategame. I am the one who sometimes sits 30 mins top in order to then stomp the enemy team. That is my personal playstyle. And Garen can do that, especially if he splitpushes with his Decisive Strike as towerkiller. And again, AS helps here.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2013 11:10am | Report
So you're telling us that you don't abuse Garen's strong early game?

GL at going up :p Esp if you rely on late game Garen.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2013 1:57pm | Report
Since the rework of Garen, his earlygame isn't a big stompfest anymore. But for that, he gained very high lategame power. That counts especially after the latest, again, earlygame nerfs. His Courage makes him lategame a monster.

I try to get kills where I can in the lane, yes, but since that rework, you maybe have chances if you hit 6 before the enemy, otherwise only if he is dumb or so weak, that you can towerdive him. Because nobody will run into Garen's combo.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2013 2:02pm | Report
He's still pretty stompy if you ask me. Most the time I see Garen's killing people before level 6 and then he's a nightmare for the rest of the game. He rushes Black Cleaver and [{Warmog's Armor]] and becomes unkillable. XD

I think he's still pretty dumb.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2013 2:09pm | Report
You can only kill people with Garen pre 6 if they are totally ******ed and run into his Decisive Strike initiation range. But if the enemy plays smart and stays out of that, there aren't that much options for Garen to kill his enemy.

I prefer Randuin's Omen over Warmog's Armor because of the Courage change, the utility it gives him and that it helps against kiting.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2013 3:49pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

You can only kill people with Garen pre 6 if they are totally ******ed and run into his Decisive Strike initiation range. But if the enemy plays smart and stays out of that, there aren't that much options for Garen to kill his enemy.

Woah, you mean your enemies don't try to get a last-hit like, EVER? Holy ****, if Garen's mere presence on a lane stops them from farming, then he's super broken and I haven't even realized.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2013 3:51pm | Report
I was going to say something along those lines but my words would have sucked (Because I suck at laning mechanics, as I am a support/jungle main). Thanks for explaining that one Vapora. XD

Edit: Only ranged tops can kite Garen super hard. Riven kind of can too, but he can still punch her face in if given the chance.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2013 5:23pm | Report
TBH, Garen's earlygame really ISN'T that dominant anymore. His spin doesn't do as much anymore, and anyone who can sit in it and outdps it or kite some of it and then outdps it can beat him, the people who die to him in lane are the idiots who try to fight him without cooldowns up and get chunked, then go for a CS at half hp and die.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide