Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Wayne3100 Ranked Journey (EUW Server)

Creator: Wayne3100 July 23, 2012 2:45am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 2:39am | Report
I lose the same amount of elo too, you know :P

And yes, that sometimes happens, but it's easier said than done ;)

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Keondre
<Member>
Keondre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 2:40am | Report
o.O I thought it was you lose like 13~17 and gain 17~24. Apparently, I was wrong :P
Yeah, I agree. Most things are easier said than done ^^
사랑은 장님이다. | ความงามในความแข็งแรง. | 愛は治療です.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 4:59am | Report

Game 3

Solo Queue

Revenge!

I noticed as soon as Sk1tmark had to ban that the enemy team didn't have Zyra. I told my team I would like to play her if they didn't ban her and once again, everyone was fine with it. They firstpicked Gragas who is quite annoying to lane against because of his E and the sustain he gets from his passive, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway (meanwhile Sk1tmark was very happy about getting Shen :P). The communication in team select was very good.

We wanted to start by invading their red with Blitzcrank, but he ran too far ahead of us and missed his Q, then flashed onto Janna once it was back up and missed again. Not a great start and my teammates started to flame each other a bit which got me worried.

Shen got ganked early by Shyvana top lane but managed to get first blood on Yorick before dying.

Nocturne then went for another invade on the enemy red after he found out Shyvana had stolen his, but he ran into Shyvana and the enemy bot laners reached him earlier than ours and killed him. Shortly after that Nocturne ganked top and killed Yorick, bringing the score back to 2-2.

Then came the deciding moment as Nocturne wanted to give me my blue, Shyvana ran in as soon as he leashed it and I snared her, summoned a Thorn Spitter and ulted for a kill while getting the blue buff too. Gragas followed directly after her but was suddenly surrounded by Nocturne + me and our bot laners who had come up from behind. As he died the enemy bot lane emerged too and we managed to kill Ezreal, after which Janna barely escaped.

After that bot lane snowballed (our AD Kennen played really well) and top lane snowballed (lots of ganks from Nocturne to get himself and Shen fed while Yorick was becoming useless). Meanwhile mid was a farmfest as I still had trouble landing a snare on Gragas because of his E and eventually I got ganked by Shyvana and killed, though I managed to kill her as well by snaring and ulting her in tower range.

Eventually (after winning a small teamfight in their jungle) we went for Baron and immediately pushed mid really hard, killing the first two mid towers.
A few minutes later (after everyone had gone back to buy) we grouped mid again, had a final teamfight near their base tower / inhibitor (in which I got a double kill and we aced them) and pushed down the inhibitor and Nexus towers in one go for the win.

ELO: 1456

Second goal: Success!

Third goal: Reach 1500 elo!

Edit:

hue

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 3:28pm | Report
Good job Wayne :3 Sounds like it was a balanced game until that Blue Buff fight. You're higher elo than me again, qq.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by marcospyder ♡
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 5:12pm | Report
Gj so far and good luck in your jorney :P
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 2:25am | Report

Game 4

Solo Queue

Ended up having to support this game. I wanted to try and be aggressive in the laning phase since both Miss Fortune and Soraka don't have escape abilities, but they pushed us back hard by spamming abilities ( Soraka would just return the mana afterwards anyway) so it was hard to actually do so. I also told Amumu that bot was vulnerable to ganks, but he never came to gank.

First blood was for Ziggs on Fizz in mid lane and shortly after Amumu got killed in his jungle by Jax. The flaming started and Yorick immediately called to surrender at 20, but I told my teammates to shut up and keep playing.

The enemy team picked up the first dragon relatively easily as Amumu recalled, but soon afterwards started making mistakes and got caught out of position quite often. When Amumu ganked mid and secured a double kill on Ziggs and Soraka (who tried to help out her mid laner by healing him), it was obvious we were back in the game. Shortly after Amumu ganked top and picked up another kill, this time on Jax ( Cho'Gath got away barely) and we tied the score at 5-5.

Soraka roamed a lot and warded our jungle entrances and buffs, which caused Amumu to be countered heavily by Jax. Meanwhile Miss Fortune would push bot and retreat so we couldn't kill her, which was well played on her part.

Somewhere midgame we again got behind as Yorick got killed in a gank top and Fizz went for a really bad initiate mid, wasting his ultimate in the process.

Despite the enemy team making a lot of mistakes still, we never really managed to fully recover from this and my teammates were flaming each other pretty hard.

The game was finally decided by Fizz' decision making.
Once, I warded a brush near mid lane and Fizz thought it was a good idea to jump in and try to kill Miss Fortune, who got immediate backup from her team and killed Fizz easily, allowing them to push mid and claim the first tower. I decided to ward more defensively from that point on as Fizz was just stupid.
Shortly after, he got himself caught in between the enemy team in the middle of their jungle which resulted in another lost teamfight.

When they finally went for a Baron (~5-10 minutes later, after pushing mid hard and killing our inhibitor), Amumu managed to steal it with a nice Bandage Toss + Smite combo and our Corki picked up a quadra kill (only he and the enemy Ziggs survived the fight, both with 5 hp), giving us new hope of winning the game.

It turned out false hope, however, as the enemy team grouped mid, pushed towards our base and Amumu Bandage Tossed onto Soraka only for my team to run in without really focusing anyone. Miss Fortune also put herself in a good position just outside of her base, which allowed her to completely destroy us with Bullet Time. The teamfight was very onesided and ended in them pushing down the Nexus turrets and our Nexus for the win.

ELO: 1434

It literally hurt me to look at such a bad mid player and know that his decision making would influence my elo as well.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 2:27am | Report
GL on your journey! Hopefully you won't get a lot of "baddies" :D
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
Xenotechie
<Guide Critic>
Xenotechie's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 2:43am | Report
When you support as Taric in that bot matchup, you can't really be passive or agressive. You have to strike a balance between the two. Apparently, Soraka was smart enough to back off when you tried aggression, so you have to turn that around and deny them creeps. Try to grab 2 points in Imbue early and heal off harrassment after MF's heal debuff goes away. You got zoned out by their abilities, but the thing about the harass it that it's not that powerful as you might think. Scare them. Make them think you don't care about their harassment, and you will be able to get quite a lot of farm on the account of that. Simply put, a Soraka+ Miss Fortune lane just plain won't win a straight up fight, so they will run. Unfortunately, the rest of your team seems to have let you down that time. At least it's not as bad as it often happens, with people just plain being idiotic.

Did I help you? Do you feel nice today? Take a look at my guide,I would really appreciate it.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 3:36am | Report

Game 5

Solo Queue

Had to play top this game and the jungler unfortunately instalocked Lee Sin, so I decided to play Riven this game as she can carry quite hard.
Unfortunately I got ganked at level 2 by Nocturne and he decided to dive and kill me together with Jax. Lee Sin came in just in time to pick up a kill on Noct, but it still set me back in terms of level and farm.

Twisted Fate had gotten first blood in mid early ( Lee Sin gank) but unfortunately couldn't really snowball as Mordekaiser kept on farming and became really strong. Nocturne was really aggressive at counterjungling and Lee Sin didn't ward his jungle entrances, which lead to stolen buffs and free kills way too often, especially for Mordekaiser.

Meanwhile our bottom lane was doing quite well but as the first teamfights started they got wrecked by the fed Mordekaiser and Nocturne which resulted in a lot of flaming. Blitzcrank in particular also managed to get caught out of position quite often.

As the game went on they got stronger and stronger and the only reason we were really in it was because Jax disconnected at one point. My teammates were all flaming, everyone made mistakes by getting caught or going in when they shouldn't (though I was the only one on my team admitting it) and we eventually lost Baron and they pushed mid for the win.

I only lost 9 elo because the enemy Nocturne turned out to be 1747 elo

ELO: 1425

Thanks Bloodraine ^^

Xenotechie: Thanks for the feedback, though I'm not really sure what you mean with "turning that around".
Normally they'd lose a fight against our combo, but because of their push it was risky to stun and attack them because we would receive a massive amount of minion damage. As a result, there was no real reason for them to be afraid in the early game.
We never got zoned, because they pushed us and we just got farm at the tower.

I think a gank would've pretty much secured that lane for us, but it didn't happen. Whatever, **** happens ^^

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Xenotechie
<Guide Critic>
Xenotechie's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 3:42am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Xenotechie: Thanks for the feedback, though I'm not really sure what you mean with "turning that around".
Normally they'd lose a fight against our combo, but because of their push it was risky to stun and attack them because we would receive a massive amount of minion damage. As a result, there was no real reason for them to be afraid in the early game.
We never got zoned, because they pushed us and we just got farm at the tower.

I think a gank would've pretty much secured that lane for us, but it didn't happen. Whatever, **** happens ^^

If they pushed you down to a tower, yeah, your jungler should have ganked. The thing about minions is that a lot of people underestimate their power. Laning phase is as much mind games as skill. You could probably try some aggression and see how they react to that, but 90% of the time, people forget about the little buggers.

Did I help you? Do you feel nice today? Take a look at my guide,I would really appreciate it.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide