Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Wayne3100 Ranked Journey (EUW Server)

Creator: Wayne3100 July 23, 2012 2:45am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 11:08am | Report
I am afraid so, lol.

I will make a Sticky Note to remind myself :P

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2012 4:07am | Report

Game 8

Solo Queue

So eh... Yeah, I picked Cho'Gath this game because it turns out I had to go top (last pick), wanted to pick Lee Sin, they picked Yorick, I've played Lee Sin against him before and it didn't work out and I figured "oh, Cho is supposed to do ok against him, let's try this".
He's not in my roster. I don't play Cho'Gath. I have no idea what to build on him or how to play him against Yorick. I figured out what to max while playing.
In a ranked game, after dodging earlier for no reason at all and after being worried about playing ranked in general for a while now, I do something like this. Real Wayne.

So anyway, the problem started when I didn't really have a great rune page so I decided to go for a tanky AD page (no tanky AP page available QQ). Like I said, I then realised I barely know what to build on this guy because back when I used to main him (pre-lvl 30) I used to play him 1v2 top and I've not really played him solo top often since then.

As a result, I lost my lane to Yorick quite easily (he killed me twice whereas I only killed him once after I asked Nunu & Willump to gank), built Philosopher's Stone in an attempt to simply stay sustained and prevent dying, then -after that failed- Wit's End as I figured it would go well with my AD (too bad I was maxing Rupture instead of Vorpal Spikes which is usually what you buy Wits for though), then Ninja Tabi (cuz cheap) then Abyssal Mask and finally sold Philo for Deathfire Grasp (so random @.@) and was behind on farm too.

However, my team did well. Nunu & Willump controlled his jungle well, stole Shyvana's red on level 1 with a sneaky move (he placed a ward near her red, then waited for her to start it and ran in to Smite + Consume it before running away with red), made sure we got pretty much all dragons (and one Baron, though that wasn't really because of him) and had some good ganks too.

Orianna mid gave first blood to Gragas and flamed Nunu & Willump for it saying he should react to her pings, but she did fine after that and had decent/good ultimates in all fights except for one where she said she lagged.

Bot lane really dominated as Ezreal got fed heavily (despite Leona unfortunately picking up some kills too) and it was in bot lane that most of the action happened overall. Not only did I regularly receive the message that one of my teammates bot had gotten a kill, but there were also a lot of ganks from the enemy Shyvana or even Shyvana+ Gragas together at times.

Because of the great jungle control and the fed Ezreal, it turned out not to matter much that Yorick had outfarmed me top ( Cho'Gath is still a beast in teamfights late game) and we snowballed out of control until finally we won a teamfight with 3 kills against 0, Ezreal and (I think) Nunu & Willump decided to chase all the way to the enemy base for a fourth kill as the rest of us got Baron and we then grouped up and killed their Nexus.

Let's just say I got away with this one.

ELO: 1493

I have the replay of this game, just need to figure out where/how to upload it; I'll edit my post later to include it. (edit: included!)
Not particularly proud of how I played this game, but w/e

Getting close to 1500

Edit: oh, as for some more roster changes (lolno Cho hasn't been added):
All changes based on recent normal games

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2012 4:18am | Report
Good luck getting gold, you'll make it!

Edit: Dat Ez carry... Wish I had ADCs like that in my games *cries*
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by owentheawesomer ♡
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2012 4:46am | Report
Gl :P
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 7:36am | Report
Thanks Rose ^^

Time to pick up and train my Irelia in normals (most likely replacing Renekton). Also gonna cut out a lot of the current champs in my roster soonTM

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 9:30am | Report
Try to farm moar when you play AP mid with aoe champ, you could carry harder with better items / have more wards.
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 6:58am | Report

Game 9

Solo Queue

So apparently I took a screenshot so fast that the client didn't even include Lee Sin's art.... o_o

But anyway, I am very, very happy about this game.

I went top with Lee Sin as I feel most comfortable on him. I faced Rengar who I hadn't faced before, so I went Cloth Armor + 5x Health Potion just to be safe.

The game started with us going for an invade (we were against an Amumu and with Blitzcrank in our team, seemed only natural), but it didn't work out as we hoped as we ran into the enemy team and lost 2 of our team members after Ezreal had picked up first blood.

I got a kill top as both Cho'Gath and Amumu came to gank and - after Rengar escaped - Amumu thought he could take us on 1v2 just because he had full health while we didn't. Only a few seconds later, however, Corki picked up two kills bottom lane to secure a killing spree (after picking up 1 of the 2 kills in the early fight in their jungle).

Ahri ganked top as soon as I came back in the lane and I managed to kill Rengar with my ult after he stealthed to try and finish me off (we were both low).

Ahri then had another good gank bottom in which she got a double kill (despite Blitzcrank unfortunately dying to Amumu), while Cho'Gath came to help me dive Rengar top. We lacked the damage to kill him, however, and Veigar came from mid and killed Cho'Gath while Rengar recalled. Luckily, I killed Veigar seconds later to pick up a killing spree.

My teammates started to flame each other after Corki got a double kill and went 6/1 shortly after, but I told them to focus and keep their chins up.

Ahri then got caught in the enemy jungle which resulted in a fight in which all 5 of us died, Blitzcrank and Ahri died again after respawning and chasing the enemy Rengar who was low and the enemy team picking up Dragon. Very, very bad moment for us.
5 of our 11 kills at that point were also on me, which got me worried as the enemy team had positive scores on Corki, Veigar and Rengar (who had picked up kills in teamfights, zzzz >.>).

After Ahri, Cho'Gath and I shut down Amumu and Rengar with some nice play in top lane and Ahri picked up two more kills (on Leona and Veigar) before escaping with low hp, the enemy team got another Dragon, but this time we were around and forced a fight in which we killed 3 and only lost 1. Ezreal then decided to be generous and hand Veigar a free kill, pretty much being the partypooper at that point.

Corki kept on snowballing, picking up another triple kill in a teamfight at which point I again had to motivate my team and convince them we were very much still in it.

The next fight near Baron ended up 5-4 in their favour but showed the game was still close (especially since I died without ulting). We then picked up Dragon and got 3 kills while only losing 1 team member and went for Baron. Ezreal got caught out of position while we were doing it though (for some reason he was in the enemy jungle) and we got aced after I got a double kill, which resulted in us not being able to use the Baron buff at all (but hey, at least we got the gold! 8D).

The game was finally decided when Blitzcrank grabbed, silenced and Exhausted Corki in the next teamfight, we stomped them completely (5 kills for 1) and pushed down the second mid turret, inhibitor turret, the mid inhibitor, both Nexus turrets and - last but not least - the Nexus in one go.

ELO: 1513

Always keep your chin up!!!

Third goal: Success!

Fourth goal: Gold! 8D

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 9:50am | Report
Now get gold!

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|