Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Wayne3100 Ranked Journey (EUW Server)

Creator: Wayne3100 July 23, 2012 2:45am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2012 4:00pm | Report

Game 31

Duo Queue with GrandmistressD

I hate this game.

EDIT: This game I was the lastpick of our team (as expected) and I decided to pick Leona because of her great synergy with Tristana and the fact that they had Blitzcrank which I feel she works well against. Their lastpick then picked Sivir with Cleanse which was a great choice.

The game started off by us invading the enemy jungle and having a fight that lasted for a good 30 seconds (with multiple players going low and having to Flash) before we picked up First Blood on Tristana and took the enemy blue. Unfortunately, Garen had spent so much time for this invade that Rengar had a good level advantage top right from the start and Riven didn't do much to help him fix that. As a result, Garen was soon heavily behind in cs (though he didn't die too often) and losing lane.

In bot lane, I noticed that Sivir constantly tried to Spell Shield my Zenith Blade instead of Shield of Daybreak so I baited her shield out a couple of times (knowing the CD on it is longer than on Zenith Blade) but was unfortunately unable to hit it twice within the timeframe I had because Sivir usually backed off a lot more when her shield was on cooldown. Eventually Riven came for a lane gank bot and told us to dive, but instead of pushing and letting the minions tank it, Tristana got grabbed in, forcing us to initiate. Things got from bad to worse as - after Tristana jumped out - the tower focused Riven who was soon low and had to Flash to save herself and then focused Tristana again who had rejoined the fight, killing her at a point where she could've gained a double kill on Blitzcrank and Sivir had the tower decided to focus me first instead. I managed to kill Sivir but died myself as well.

Riven then went into the enemy jungle and ran into Maokai and Morgana, and despite us pinging her back because we knew the enemy bot lane would go there as well (and reach them long before we would), she decided to fight and both her and GMD got killed, allowing the enemy team to go for Dragon while Rengar also killed Garen top. We did manage to kill one of them straight after they got it and Blitzcrank also got executed by the Dragon, but it was clear that we were behind from then on.

I saw Sivir being alone in bot lane and decided to go for a ballsy play, jumping in immediately and stunning her after she again shielded my Zenith Blade, with Tristana Flashing after her to pick up the kill after Sivir had used Cleanse for my ultimate. Blitzcrank also got greedy as both me and Tristana were low due to some turret hits we had received in the process and decided to go for a kill, but instead got killed himself as GMD came in to help/ks 8D

With Rengar being level 9, Garen level 7 and Riven level 6, Riven finally decided to gank top lane (which she should've done way sooner) but she just got bursted down immediately by a full Ferocity Rengar who soon after Flashed in to pick up a double kill on Garen.

The enemy team then focused a lot of attention on bot lane, going for a four man and later a five man gank, getting multiple kills in the process but also overextending at times to allow us to kill them.

Eventually I had to save Riven as she was getting caught near Dragon, but ended up dying myself because of it (got into a bad position between Morgana and the rest of their team) before a nice play from Maokai also allowed them to kill Tristana, picking up the second Dragon uncontested.

From there the game started turning around as we soon fought a lot of fights in our jungle but most didn't end well for them, going from a 7-14 score to a 19-21 score in their favour with some nice plays.

With the hope of us being able to win restored, we picked up another kill in bot lane before their Morgana and Maokai turned it around to kill both me and GMD. We then had another good teamfight in mid, but soon after I died to the Support's Curse ("I was just going to ward!!" :c) allowing them to pick up another Dragon.

The game was still winnable at this point but a stupid decision from Garen to dive the enemy team when we were chasing them from Baron to mid lane completely ruined all of our hopes as we got aced and they again got ahead while our team was too busy arguing over who lost us the game to try and come back again.
They won every fight comfortably from that point on and killed Baron uncontested as well to pick up an easy win.

ELO: 1471

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2012 4:05pm | Report
*knuffel*
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2012 4:06pm | Report
you'll get 'em next time waynie :3

by jhoijhoi
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2012 4:15pm | Report
Ohh... and you were so close! Good Luck!!! ^^
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2012 4:16pm | Report
I'd rather be blue then Platinum huehuehuehue :P

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2012 4:26pm | Report
Just incredibly frustrating since it's the third time I needed one more win for gold (1514, 1513, now 1489) and lost in the dumbest way possible. They made so many mistakes (even while ahead) we could've probably won if we all focused.

I died a lot this game but as a Leona that's not even unusual if your team is losing.

Still confident I deserve gold, so I'll try again soon. Thanks for the support guys ^^

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2012 4:28pm | Report
Of course you deserve gold o.o I hate to say it, but it's a luck based game. No telling what sort of players will end up on your team, or the enemy team. Got a FREE WIN the other day in ranked with two 1900 elo smurfs, not even lying, they told us in champ select and then carried the game for us.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 4:26pm | Report
Gonna try to get closer to gold again tomorrow. Stay tuned :)

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 4:27pm | Report
g'luck
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 4:45pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Small update for those who are even remotely interested:
I've added a "Testing" category to my first post in this thread which displays champs I might add to my roster soonTM. Right now this category contains Fizz (who I bought yesterday because I think he's a good solo queue champion and he's fun to play, but who will require some practice before I play him in ranked), Orianna (really strong mid that I really wanna add to my roster), Shen (just to learn him for those games in which he doesn't get banned) and Lulu (underrated imo, though still a highly situational pick).

Other things I'm considering atm:
As always I'm constantly looking to improve not only my play but also the roster of champions I can play. Will be trying to go for gold soon, but currently busy with uni so no promises as to when I'll give it a go.

Wayne3100 wrote:

@ Pheyniex

What did the server do? :O

Thanks! :)

tried to give u some opinions on ur choices here but the server became unrespnsive... =(

Sig made by elenah

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide