Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Wayne3100's Quest for Platinum (Season 3)

Creator: Wayne3100 November 25, 2012 4:47pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2013 3:14pm | Report
gj, wayne. we all is being proud of iu!

Sig made by Hogopogo
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2013 3:08am | Report

Game 136

Duo Queue with Celes

Managed to stay pretty even in lane vs Vladimir, had some good early teamfights but eventually Caitlyn got incredibly fed and was hard to deal with while our Vayne was easily getting killed by Nocturne every fight.

Need to win my next two, I guess.

SCORE: 0-1

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2013 3:27am | Report
The Fizz got overly cocky in teamfights and Vayne just... died straight away. It was pretty sad how it turned out after being kinda ahead during early and mid game.

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2013 5:02am | Report

Game 137

Solo Queue

Fun game, that.

Nidalee stomped mid, I started out even against Riven top (tricky lane, gotta be careful of her early damage) but eventually outplayed her and got a lead in farm and kills. Snowballed that in teamfights, even though Caitlyn got somewhat fed early she was pretty easy for us to handle and we had superior objective control.

SCORE: 1-1

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2013 5:55am | Report

Game 138

Solo Queue

Got forced to mid as last pick. I am not too good at it. Didn't die to Fizz in lane though, think I generally did well in that part of the game. Late game everyone was just incredibly tanky (and I mean absolutely everyone, check out Nami's build for example) and I probably should've gone for a Void Staff earlier.

SCORE: 1-2

LP: 90

Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2013 7:07am | Report
At least just one more win and you're back in it. You'll get it if you keep at it. ^_^
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2013 2:22pm | Report
Hehe, thanks :)

And yeah, that has always been the case so far, even if I lose one there's a good chance I only need to win the one after that to get back to my promos since my MMR is still very high (in one of the solo queue games I played I was firstpick over gold IV, III, II and I teammates).

Anyway, I played some really good normal games tonight against high plat players (first Kennen vs Renekton matchup, then Aatrox vs Zed - which was a lot more onesided since Zed isn't great top), was definitely good practice and lifted my spirits after failing those promos again. I feel I have a lot of champions top that I play on a good level with several more getting close to that level, so that's definitely something I'm happy about (I also feel I don't generally play as well in ranked and miss a lot of cs for no reason but let's ignore that for a second shall we :3).

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2013 9:42am | Report

Game 139

Solo Queue

For those of you who don't know, Nasus is a pretty dumb champion, which is why top lane - despite my ability to harass - became a farmfest. Xin Zhao was ganking quite a lot and had good objective control, bot lane wasn't doing so hot ( Jarvan IV ganked really for First Blood, after that they were behind).

The first couple of teamfights were going our way due to some great Orianna ults, but as we got further and further into the game it became harder for us to win since their comp was so much more late game oriented. Eventually we did manage to win a fight and pick up Baron, but unfortunately we lost a fight in their base pretty badly after that (we couldn't reach Vayne and she did some work) and they held onto that advantage and eventually won.

I did well enough in my lane vs Nasus (was ahead in cs until he started splitpushing more than me during the late game), but I just think it's a bit annoying that a champion with such a strong late game can barely be harassed out of lane.

I was still first pick with two gold II and two plat V teammates though, so my MMR should be high enough to reach my promos with only one win. Just a shame I ruined my Kennen stats since I lost on him twice earlier today while I was subbing for a friend's team. Now 2-5 >.>

LP: 78

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2013 4:17pm | Report

Game 140

Solo Queue

Decided to not go for a point in E before level 3 since I was doing really well with harassing Aatrox, got ganked and died for it. Silly, silly me.

After that I did reasonably well by not dying and actually forcing his passive a couple of times, but I didn't really get back into it and had to resort to limiting the damage. Unfortunately, bot lane was losing at this point too so we were pretty behind going into teamfights.

Despite all that, early teamfights were going well and we got back into it as Ezreal got pretty fed and I picked up a lot of assists because of my AoE damage. Things were looking good at this point, but one late game teamfight in which Ezreal got killed instantly before he did anything sealed the deal.

*sigh* the fact that I'm on a losing spree today doesn't really bother me but I shouldn't be making mistakes like this.

LP: 66

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2013 7:48am | Report
Going to continue posting individual games until I get through my promos and leave gold V.

Game 141

Duo Queue with "Pewma" (xIchi playing on his friend's account)

Again a pretty interesting order in terms of tier/division of the players from first pick (me) to last pick (ichi):

Anyway, game itself was pretty good, I noticed in loading screen that Singed was using full utility masteries so I tried to take advantage of that by starting with an Elixir of Fortitude. I played pretty aggressive early on, but never found a real opportunity to go all in, so when I backed I still had the elixir and eventually I had to use it defensively when the enemy Lee Sin came to gank me. I was still dealing good damage to Singed though and - while my red pot was still active - I managed to get a kill on him. After this he bought some tankier items than the Boots and Tear of the Goddess that he went for on his first few backs, so it became hard to kill him.

Instead, the lane became a farmfest and both junglers/mid laners stopped by every now and then to apply pressure. Despite dying during one of these ganks ( Jayce killed me when I hadn't yet bought armor items), I stayed ahead in farm and the other lanes were doing well, so we won pretty easily.

LP: 93

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide