Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Wayne3100's Quest for Platinum (Season 3)

Creator: Wayne3100 November 25, 2012 4:47pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2013 5:27am | Report
If it makes you feel better, I failed my promos. Allied Garen started red pot and gave first blood to Lee Sin who then snowballed and carried their team.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2013 3:15am | Report

Game 144

Solo Queue

Still higher MMR than my four gold II teammates, I wonder when that'll end.

Laning vs Jax went pretty well, I forced him back early and had a cs lead, so they switched up the mid and top and I had to lane against Lissandra instead. That proved to be more troublesome for me, though Tryndamere was still winning in mid so overall things looked ok in terms of our solo lanes. Bot was unfortunately feeding Tristana quite heavily (our Thresh had a couple of "I don't even know why I went in there" plays), so teamfights were a struggle as they had a good team to fend off our fed Tryn. Roaming and teamfighting started very early this game which is why the cs on most of us is pretty atrocious.

Tryndamere did manage to pick up a quadra kill in one of our first fights, but unfortunately Jax did the same in the fight after that and they were too strong after that.

LP: 55

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2013 5:02am | Report

Game 145

Solo Queue

SEE!! I CAN PLAY KENNEN!!

*cough* lol but seriously, despite my winrate on him I still feel comfortable playing him, so I'll be working on getting that W/L back to 50% or higher :3

Got some nice ganks from Jarvan IV, Vi also stopped by a couple of times but her ganks were generally not as successful (had to Flash once but never died). Meanwhile Pantheon picked up a killing spree early by roaming a lot and that helped bot lane snowball too.

I can get used to games like this one.

LP: 80

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2013 2:59pm | Report
So for those of you who missed it, when Zac was nerfed in the most recent patch and his "contestable" chunks of health from his passive were starting to fly all over the place, it made me QQ quite a lot as it really affected his sustain in top lane (vs enemies with a brain, anyway) and I thought I wasn't going to play him anymore....

Game 146

Solo Queue

...Let's just say I changed my mind >:D

I was 5/0 up within 11 minutes after Pantheon decided to dive me during an early Jarvan IV gank (genius, I know), popping my passive but giving me First Blood. The two deaths happened when I was walking around near their second top tower (for no real good reason apart from feeling good about being so ahead) and when I practically dove them at the nexus at the end of the game. The surrender followed shortly after.

Vi decided bot lane in our favour while J4/Panth were trying to kill me in top lane, Malzahar was even in lane and picked up a couple of kills after in the few "teamfights" we had.

LP: 100

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2013 5:42am | Report
i don't get how you aren't platinum... Your top is godmode(at least compared to mine)
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2013 6:11am | Report
Not playing enough, being inconsistent, worrying too much about my games: you name it, I do it :P

and of course my teammates omg Riotpls

I still have time and a good MMR, who knows. Thanks though :)

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2013 6:13am | Report
gl for promotions. You will need it!
Teams in promos are the worst for some reason.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 5:26am | Report

Game 147

Solo Queue

Should've just dodged this one. Only reason I didn't is because it was a promo, but now I lost it anyway and my MMR went down.

Played ok this game, not spectacular but was winning vs Gangplank (as expected). Should've avoided the Nautilus and Lux ganks better though, didn't pay enough attention to my wards at times. I also should've bought Sorcerer's Shoes instead of Haunting Guise since it's not like I was way ahead / snowballing.

Anyway, because of our incredible bot lane combo ( Vayne picked after they had Corki and then paired up with a support Garen), they could easily focus on ganking top together several times and that was rather annoying as I think I could've done well enough to snowball without those ganks. It's pretty frustrating when you get three enemies low after they decide to dive you and they all just Flash away and escape with ~50 HP >.>

Late game (if you can even call it that) I tried helping out my team, but all that did was allow GP to catch up in cs and get our top tower, we were too far behind to do anything.

SCORE: 0-1

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 5:49am | Report
Wow, that Garen icon is ugly :/ Also, wth? Support Garen? You can still win the next two, maybe a lower MMR will make it easier for you?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by marcospyder ♡
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 5:50am | Report
rip kennen stats

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide