Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Wayne3100's Quest for Platinum (Season 3)

Creator: Wayne3100 November 25, 2012 4:47pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 7:19am | Report
worst kennen eu, even if it isn't your fault. ;DD
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 7:25am | Report
@ MissMaw: those are already screwed anyway :P

@ Vapora Dark: my feels :(

@ jhoijhoi: or maaaaaybe I get rewarded for my loss with laning against a Plat II the next game.....

Game 148

Solo Queue

Bit more of a story for this game since it was pretty damn intense.

So this Zed was duo with his unranked friend Kayle and for some reason I was forced to mid as fourth pick. I decided to pick Orianna (the only champ I play mid), using armor quints and Barrier to keep me safe while hopefully turning the lane into a passive farmfest.

Things started out great with Nocturne turning a successful gank top into 2 kills (one for him, one for our Nidalee) before Graves picked up another kill bot. Great, I thought, I am getting carried to compensate for that horrible last game.

lolnope. Three minutes later, Nidalee dies to Udyr top because of a misplay and Lee Sin ganks bot successfully and we're back at 3-3. Meanwhile I'm holding my own in mid lane, forcing Zed back after he randomly attempted to kill me with his combo + Ignite (I had to use Barrier but didn't actually get close to dying at all in the end).

So at this point I reckon I need to be more aggressive, so I start poking Zed and abuse the mana regen from the blue buff that Noct gave to me. Not long after, Lee Sin comes to gank but I force both him and Zed back with low hp and pressure the mid tower. Zed starts roaming and gets a random kill top, but I get the tower in return and we pick up the first Dragon.

Things turn against us as people suddenly start randomly getting caught in the jungle - mainly by Zed - and I see my hard work being completely undone as he gets fed and their team gets the next Dragon. Our vision control at this point is very poor and teamfights are mostly very awkward, as it's hard for me to land a good ult and several of their team members are incredibly tanky. Meanwhile my mana management is completely nonexistent and I end up oom early in every teamfight, so I decide to pick up a Morellonomicon to both counter their overall sustain as well as get some mana regen.

Fastforward a little bit and we find ourselves pressed back into our base with the mid inhib tower (but not the inhib itself) down as we suddenly realise they're doing Baron. Being the closest to it, I run over completely disregarding the fact we have no vision and throw in a Q to see if it's still alive. It is, and they're killing it. Fast.

Knowing it's time for the heroic play but also realising I can't outdamage Lee Sin's Smite, I wait for it to get relatively low before walking to the very edge to reposition my Q (further into the pit) and hitting a 5 man ult, allowing Nocturne to ult in and steal it with Smite (I didn't actually plan for that part but I wasn't complaining). At this point the rest of the team joins us and we 4-0 them in the fight (with one escaping) before going for their base.

Of course this story could not end without another throw from our side; as we were trying to kill their nexus towers, they all respawned and killed 3 of us, rushing through mid for our open inhib and nexus towers. Luckily, three of them decided to die to our Graves/ Nocturne and we ran mid one last time to seal the deal.

And so, for the fifth time, I find myself one game away from promotion.

tl;dr pretty. damn. intense.

SCORE: 1-1

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 7:50am | Report
i really am questioning myself: why would you pick Kennen against Sona+ Nautilus?

Sig made by Hogopogo
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 7:56am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

i really am questioning myself: why would you pick Kennen against Sona+ Nautilus?

What? They don't exactly counter Kennen the way Janna does. He was merely saying he died due to insufficient map awareness.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 8:07am | Report
^ This, also I was first pick that game so all I knew at the time of picking it is that they would have a Corki.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 8:42am | Report
when are ya playing your last game?
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 9:20am | Report
Proooooooobably tomorrow. Maybe tonight but I already have plans to play with team :3

Edit: also ranked just went down lol.

Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 10:55am | Report
was worried eu servers were functioning today
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 10:58am | Report
Quoted:

was worried eu servers were functioning today

good joke son
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2013 12:00pm | Report

Game 149

Solo Queue

Theeeeeeeeeeeeere we go =D

Even though I just finished this match I can honestly not remember too much, Blitzcrank had a pretty good hook early causing Vayne to use both summoners and we kept up the pressure in bottom after that, allowing me to outfarm her. I remember top struggling early because Ezreal got First Blood after a jungle gank and eeeeh... mid was even?

Anyway, during the mid/late game our teammates ( Lee Sin and Talon especially) were in their jungle 90% of the time and they got caught a few times, but we also got a lot of kills in return for it.

We had one horrible teamfight near the end, after which a surrender vote started, but it was a very quick 1/4 as the rest of us realised we were still very much in it and we won pretty easily. I honestly can't remember why we did it so fast though, I had like 0 map awareness that game because I tried focusing on my mechanics (very rusty on AD).

Skipped gold IV as expected.

SCORE: 2-1

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide