Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Wayne3100's Quest for Platinum (Season 3)

Creator: Wayne3100 November 25, 2012 4:47pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 11:26am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Was gonna try to play as much as possible this weekend because I'll spend most of my time preparing for / making exams next week, but am currently sick (in bed, posting from phone), soooooo.... yeah, probably not going to happen :c

uhh yeah me too

cough cough wheeze

everything hurts
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2013 10:12am | Report
Alright, so with a lot of time this weekend being wasted because I was sick, I needed a clean 2-0 from my series, hopefully resulting in a skip to gold I (which despite my negative win-loss since joining gold III seems to still be a possibility at this point). A couple of good games on thursday (that is after my exams this week) or the weekend would then have to seal the deal.

So with that in mind, I decided to duo my series with TheContentDragon, another one of GMD's smurfs. Here is what happened:

Game 179

Decent start, Maokai asked for my help in the enemy jungle pretty early, but I ended up going there without being able to get anything done so I was a little behind on experience vs Udyr. That in combination with not really knowing how strong oh-dear is top atm made me decide to focus on simply outfarming him and being more useful in teamfights. At this point, most of my team was already ahead with Maokai in particular getting a lot of work done. I ended up joining a couple of teamfights before they surrendered, 1-0.

Game 180

Aaaaaaand this is the game that should've ended with us winning and me taking my series 2-0 without any questions asked. The enemy Aatrox started out really well with 4 or 5 kills, but decided to build really squishy after that and got shut down in most fights before being able to do much. In top lane, I was unable to kill Shen for most of the lane, but did keep a good cs lead right from the start. I avoided most of Aatrox' ganks (except for one where I reacted late and got taunted) before eventually managing to kill Shen with the help of Dr. Mundo and also ended completely outplaying the enemy Kayle when she came top to dive me after a gank by my jungler got counterganked and we had a pretty intense 2v2 fight. This resulted in a kill for me with her Flash and ult both being used. All in all, I was getting pretty fed.

At one point we have this game pretty much in the bag as long as we play it well and Dr. Mundo decides to run into their team 1v5. In doing so, he drags Ahri, GMD and me into a pretty horrible fight as we try to help each other out, with everyone except for myself dying. This of course results in a free Baron for the enemy team, but we're still ahead. No reason to panic, right?

...Yup, you guessed it: wrong. Literally a minute after respawning, the guy gets caught again, dragging Ahri with him a second time. Note that at this point we're in the "late game", death timers are pretty long and they haven't even been forced to use anything in terms of summoners/ults except for maybe one Ignite. So they push down our mid inhib tower, inhib and go for our Nexus. As they're killing it, our teammates respawn, but we end up being unable to kill them all and they straight up win the game over 2 mistakes from the same player. All effort put into getting a lead after the horrible start is completely wasted within 5 minutes because one guy has a brainfart.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am completely fine with someone making a mistake. Hell, even the second mistake - despite the fact it shouldn't happen straight after making the first one because you'd think someone would be paying extra attention - happens. **** ALWAYS happens.

What bothers me about this is that the game is immediately over, because towers/inhibitors are so pathetically weak that all you need is one decent push with a team like theirs and there's no way to defend it 3v5 either (in part because of their team comp, to be fair).

To clarify, I'm not saying this game was completely over before this happened, they were still very much in it, but don't let the screenshot fool you just because of the huge gold income they got at the end with the baron + towers: we had a clear advantage. Several times in a row, despite them having a Shen ult, Kayle ult, Blitzcrank hook - all things you have to be wary of and play well against - we won the teamfight. We had complete vision control over Baron too before we practically handed it to them.

*sigh*

It's just dumb and it shouldn't be possible so early.

Buuuuuuuuuuut, hold on, hold on..... Still had one game left, just needed a win :)

Game 181

Nope. That would just be too simple, wouldn't it? I mean, let's be real, that's just not how things work.

tl;dr - afk

LP: 90

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2013 8:40am | Report

Game 182

Solo Queue

Hey man nice Kassa ban.

LP: 75

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2013 8:57am | Report
You need to start building a Tiamat on Renekton. Full tank doesn't really work in solo queue, in my experience.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2013 9:02am | Report
I like early The Brutalizer on Renekton or mid-game Black Cleaver. Haven't tried out Tiamat further and dunno if worth, but it is quite a beast as item. Agree with tehAsian that full-tank doesn't work.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2013 9:06am | Report
Tiamat is definitely worth on Renekton, as you can cancel your stun animation with it.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2013 9:15am | Report
I do usually build The Brutalizer, just maybe not as early as I could at times. Getting ahead early (using 21/9/0) and relying on his base damages to snowball while building tanky has worked out pretty well for me in general though, which is why you'll often see several tank items first. It's not really "full tank" until late game just because of his damage being pretty insane even without damage items.

I guess I could experiment with a more offensive build. Would that be a Tiamat rush then? Or after a Sunfire Aegis or something like that?

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2013 9:27am | Report
That would depend on your lane. If you're winning your lane clearly, you could rush it indeed. Otherwise get it after sunfire.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2013 12:59pm | Report
For the love of god, don't rush Tiamat if you're 1/0 after 12 minutes or behind. Swear I've lost so many games because of the Renekton on my team only having Tiamat and Chain Vest in team-fights.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2013 1:24pm | Report
but Ravenous Hydra + Spirit Visage is op....! =(

Sig made by elenah

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide