Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 198 of 431
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2015 11:51am | Report
Cooper112 wrote:
Sure you can win rate means your more likely to win

Win rates do not tell probabilities. League games are based on many more factors than champ select. Lots of very weird champions have high win rates because only skilled players play those champions. Lots of strong champions (pre-nerf Azir) have average or low win rates because they are difficult to play and a lot of people screw them up. You can't say with certainty that the champion with the highest win rate is better or the champion that wins more often in a matchup is stronger in that matchup.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2015 1:09pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Win rates do not tell probabilities. League games are based on many more factors than champ select. Lots of very weird champions have high win rates because only skilled players play those champions. Lots of strong champions (pre-nerf Azir) have average or low win rates because they are difficult to play and a lot of people screw them up. You can't say with certainty that the champion with the highest win rate is better or the champion that wins more often in a matchup is stronger in that matchup.

Win rate is still a very big factor or are you saying the 58%-60% win rate ahri before her nerf meant nothing she was balanced?

Win rate is not very thing but it is not a useless stat ether it can give you help in what is a good or bad matchup.

Its always better to pick a champ your good on in my book even if its a counter or good win chance there are a lot of times people picked a counter pick into you and lose just because you out play them espcailly in lower divisions before diamond and challenger.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2015 1:20pm | Report
cooper you can't judge a matchup by ****ing winrate when they are against eachother in soloqueue rofl.

PsiGuard wrote:

Win rates do not tell probabilities.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2015 1:23pm | Report
Cooper112 wrote:

Win rate is still a very big factor or are you saying the 58%-60% win rate ahri before her nerf meant nothing she was balanced?

Sure, win rates can be seen as an indication of a champion's strength (note that some of the factors Psi mentioned should definitely be taken into consideration).

In terms of matchups, however, they're not all that useful. Sivir's win rate is roughly 52.9% right now, Caitlyn's is 49.5%. Does that make Sivir good against Caitlyn in lane for you? Because I can assure you she's not.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2015 1:29pm | Report
Please don't use win rates as justification for anything.

There are too many factors to be considered in analyzing win rates that make the statistic itself rather ambiguous. If you want to use win rates just use the factors that make up win rates instead.

Literally the only thing win rates show is how much a champion wins in solo queue. The only things you can really infer from win rates are from the extreme highs or lows, indicating problems with certain champions. All champions around 50 just show that they're fine as is. You can't say a champion is stronger than another because of their win rates.

And you aren't even including other factors like elo. Some champions **** on bronze and silver because people there don't know how to deal with certain champs (something like Blitzcrank I'm guessing), yet every single high elo ADC hates laning with blitzcrank because he provides literally nothing in lane to help in trades.

And that's only considering the win rates.

Win rates against matchups don't make sense unless you're comparing team comps, or if you'd like to consider the influence other scaling champions or early game champions in the game have, or how other champions group, skirmish and fight for objectives differently each game (hint: it's not possible)

win rates against certain matchups =/= winning lane probability
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2015 1:37pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Sure, win rates can be seen as an indication of a champion's strength (note that some of the factors Psi mentioned should definitely be taken into consideration).

In terms of matchups, however, they're not all that useful. Sivir's win rate is roughly 52.9% right now, Caitlyn's is 49.5%. Does that make Sivir good against Caitlyn in lane for you? Because I can assure you she's not.

The reason cait has low win rate is she offers less to team as hole and is weak mid game. Sivir is just op in terms of team fights and helping everyone.

If i ever get forced to go adc i always pick sivir simply because i know im not best at that role and i can still help my team.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2015 1:40pm | Report
I wasn't asking you to explain that to me, because I already know that, thanks. It just goes to show that what you said earlier doesn't make sense.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2015 1:41pm | Report

No they dont but they also do more than you give them credit for.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2015 1:42pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:
I wasn't asking you to explain that to me, because I already know that, thanks. It just goes to show that what you said earlier doesn't make sense.
Makes perfect sense rumble the reason rumble has high win rate is because he can lose lane and win game same with sivir for there ult's.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2015 1:45pm | Report
If you consider looking at winrate you also have to look at the pickrate. If a champion gets played less but only by skilled players, winrate goes up without it even being a strong pick but rather strong players which outplay others.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide