Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 245 of 431
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2015 2:36pm | Report
Really hax? Can you tell me your argument on why Naut deserves to be placed so high then?

He's a leona with better catch potential and less hard cc. He has good matchups, sure, like kalista, jinx and kogmaw - all adcs incapable of truly doing anything to counter your ult and leaving you open to his CC lock. That also goes for braum and leona, except they carry harder cc and are much more well suited to the support role. I mean, braum can't single out a target as hard and both of them don't have a 100% surefire way to catch out a target like Naut, but usually max ranged naut ults allow for distancing far enough to not make a difference (unless your enemy has no proper mobility).

I mean I guess he can roam around, since 2v1's are his strong suit (hence me mentioning him as a jungler, nautlius ganks are ridiculously strong) but how often is your adc capable of being alone for more than a second without dying? His ganks are stronger than most supports due to his kit being suited to ganking but that's something he cannot always utilize as a support.

He's a situational support. I don't know how or why everyone thinks he's a universally good pick...

To be honest, I felt very agitated when you said "I've seen it work" is no real argument. I can not and will not argue about something which I have not seen do well or tried myself and achieved decent results with. The opposite is true. I have not seen a single Nautilus support be as influential as a leona or braum.

I won't comment further on him as a jungler since I don't jungle myself, but honestly I fear him far more than things like sejuani, nunu or jarvan. Eugh.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2015 2:46pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:
Really hax? Can you tell me your argument on why Naut deserves to be placed so high then?

He's a leona with better catch potential and less hard cc. He has good matchups, sure, like kalista, jinx and kogmaw - all adcs incapable of truly doing anything to counter your ult and leaving you open to his CC lock. That also goes for braum and leona, except they carry harder cc and are much more well suited to the support role. I mean, braum can't single out a target as hard and both of them don't have a 100% surefire way to catch out a target like Naut, but usually max ranged naut ults allow for distancing far enough to not make a difference (unless your enemy has no proper mobility).

I mean I guess he can roam around, since 2v1's are his strong suit (hence me mentioning him as a jungler, nautlius ganks are ridiculously strong) but how often is your adc capable of being alone for more than a second without dying? His ganks are stronger than most supports due to his kit being suited to ganking but that's something he cannot always utilize as a support.

He's a situational support. I don't know how or why everyone thinks he's a universally good pick...

To be honest, I felt very agitated when you said "I've seen it work" is no real argument. I can not and will not argue about something which I have not seen do well or tried myself and achieved decent results with. The opposite is true. I have not seen a single Nautilus support be as influential as a leona or braum.

I won't comment further on him as a jungler since I don't jungle myself, but honestly I fear him far more than things like sejuani, nunu or jarvan. Eugh.

I agree with Xeres here in the sense that Renekton seems to dominate Top as a whole, especially when I play as him.

Though, I will say that Xeres is sort of uptalking viktor too much, but I honestly can't help but agree with him on saying that Viktor should be tier 1 as well, as his ability to bully and punish in lane is unrivaled, especially after Ludin's was added into the game.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2015 5:50pm | Report

I can see Jinx/ Kog'Maw having few obvious weaknesses in this meta which favors teamfights and longer game, but wouldn't winning before they can scale or simply trash them early enough make them obsolete?

Games are tending to be longer with the current meta, thus accentuating the potential of champs like Kog, Urgot or Vlad to reach their true power.

Regarding Naut jungle, I think he sits perfectly well at tier 2. He is pretty simple to invade and lacks a few of the commodities jarvan and sejuani offer, like mobility (aka reach somewhere faster). He does have really scary single target lockdown, but he's far easier to see coming.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Aeadar
<Member>
Aeadar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2015 7:04pm | Report
Fizz is also missing from the mid tier list.

Also Malzahar is much better in the current meta, with the popularity of caster ADC's his silence is pretty useful, and his %hp damage does a lot against the tanky junglers
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2015 8:47pm | Report

AFAIK, most pros think he's broken/super strong, but right when he started to get popular, there was a bug with him in an LCS game so they disabled him. No one practices him because no one knows when he'll be enabled for LCS again, and he isn't getting played by pros so there's no one to copy Viktor from. :>

nailed it

viktor's pretty broken
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2015 9:02pm | Report
Naut support brings initiation that's basically as reliable as Leona or Annie, but he's much better at peeling and is more versatile in lane than Leona. Leona has a bit better initiation but she only has one brief stun outside her ult. Nautilus peel is more like Thresh where he has several layers of CC and can apply them to multiple targets.

I think he'll remain in t1 until the meta favors ranged supports or naut/tanks get nerfed.

Naut jungle is fine but doesn't offer anything especially valuable compared to other tanky CC picks like Sejuani/Gragas/Zac and he's less mobile.
Thanks to Fatelblade for the sig!
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2015 9:20pm | Report
The thing that separates Nautilus from Leo/Braum is the lack of counterplay there is for his ult. The only things that will save you from it are zhonyas, spellshield, banshees, and black shield. Zhonyas will get you killed anyway if they are running naut with sivir, (which happens 90% of the time because sivir is the only ADC with built in spellshield too) and banshees/blackshield arent always reliable either.

Nautilus also has more spammable cc and has a safer lane than the both of them. His roam is better than both, and he does way more damage throughout the game as well. I'd say hes a lot more difficult to play properly, than leo/braum, but that shouldnt be a knock on him.
Fat_fast
<Member>
Fat_fast's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2015 9:39pm | Report
Naut, as well as most tier 1 jungler and top laner, at this moment is in a great position thanks to the buff that offers him more utility and the tank meta. Everyone's a diver now, which in turn explains Sivir's popularity as a diver's boost and wave clearer complimenting many tier 1-2 mid the likes of Urgot, and the other 3 adc as in against tank/diver.
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2015 2:20am | Report
Fat_fast wrote:
Naut, as well as most tier 1 jungler and top laner, at this moment is in a great position thanks to the buff that offers him more utility and the tank meta. Everyone's a diver now, which in turn explains Sivir's popularity as a diver's boost and wave clearer complimenting many tier 1-2 mid the likes of Urgot, and the other 3 adc as in against tank/diver.

Nautilus was always bad at toplane, he was played for some time as tanky ap, but even then he was bad (i think it was in 1st lcs split). Since mini rework nautilus hasn't become any better in jungle, maybe even worse than before, but he's now much better support.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2015 7:36am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:
Naut support brings initiation that's basically as reliable as Leona or Annie, but he's much better at peeling and is more versatile in lane than Leona. Leona has a bit better initiation but she only has one brief stun outside her ult. Nautilus peel is more like Thresh where he has several layers of CC and can apply them to multiple targets.

I think he'll remain in t1 until the meta favors ranged supports or naut/tanks get nerfed.

Naut jungle is fine but doesn't offer anything especially valuable compared to other tanky CC picks like Sejuani/Gragas/Zac and he's less mobile.

Hold on... No initiation is as reliable as a flash tibbers :p secondly, how is he THAT much better at peeling? I mean snares are cool and all, and his hook is pretty decent but most people who want to dive your carry won't care all that much about your slow from what I've experienced... The constant stuns from leona on the other hand feel much more reliable. I think he's better than her at peeling too, don't get me wrong - but I don't think his peel should be glorified to that extent.

@Hax, yah he has arguably the best roam out of any support but mind explaining how his laning is all that safe? Is it because of his q-to-terrain thing or something else?

And meh, his ult is a little b/s but it does require time and isn't as reliable of an engage as say tibbers or solar flare, but it does cause a lot of disruption.

Iunno, still not sold for me. But I guess I shouldn't complain, each game against a naut support has been a free win so far and I usually pick support so nothing to worry about \o/

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide