Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 386 of 431
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2016 6:40am | Report

Except Ashe has worse poke than Varus (obnoxious as hell but still really telegraphed and easy to avoid), while at the same time having better DPS than Varus, so if you want to poke on her you may as well just go a normal Essence Reaver ADC build.

If you want to poke you always stay at maximum range, so you will never be in AA-range. The only time you are in AA range if someone jumps onto you and then the burst of Muramana helps a lot. Another item that helps great at both is Youmuu's Ghostblade.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2016 7:34am | Report
Sadly, I haven't played a single game of Dominion... Sad life is sad.
I played so many that riot gave me a fancy icon
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2016 7:48am | Report
I played so many that riot gave me a fancy icon

*stares at Sig Lady*
Sig made by me!
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2016 8:05am | Report
hey hey hey, I have it too
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2016 8:20am | Report
Janitsu wrote:
hey hey hey, I have it too

Should I stare at you? Or not?
Sig made by me!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2016 11:31am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

If you want to poke you always stay at maximum range, so you will never be in AA-range. The only time you are in AA range if someone jumps onto you and then the burst of Muramana helps a lot. Another item that helps great at both is Youmuu's Ghostblade.

You can regain the mana on minions and on champions during team-fights, it's a quick and cheap way to get 30/40% CDR for maximum poke, and it minimally compromises your DPS and the effectiveness of your slows.

Varus also gains more from Youmuu's Ghostblade than Ashe because his Q does ******ed damage and benefits a lot from 20 armor pen, while Ashe's poke doesn't do that much damage and is only worth considering because it really is impossible to dodge other than staying out of its range, and once you've "dodged" it you still have to bear in mind it'll be up again in no time. And unless you want to finish your core items ridiculously late, Varus can't build Youmuu's Ghostblade with the Essence Reaver build, which is why he still has to go Tear of the Goddess for mana regen. Ashe doesn't have as much incentive to go for Youmuu's Ghostblade even if you're playing her for the poke, and also has more incentive to use a DPS build because she gains more from DPS than Varus does.

Varus has more synergy with poke-focused builds while Ashe has more synergy with DPS-focused builds. Even if you want to play a more poke focused playstyle on Ashe, there's still a way to do that without sending your DPS to the ****ter, Varus is okay with sending his DPS to the ****ter because his DPS is bad anyway and his poke is powerful enough to be worth focusing on. Just because they're both ADC's that can poke and can be played mid lane if you so choose doesn't mean they have the same playstyle and build, Ashe and Varus are two entirely different concepts.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2016 3:47am | Report
Updated.
Roguish Bard
<Member>
Roguish Bard's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2016 5:36am | Report
So you think Alistar remains the top dog of support despite his nerfs?
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2016 6:25am | Report
Yep. Ultimate is too broken, lane sustain is still strong, CC is still devastating.
Roguish Bard
<Member>
Roguish Bard's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2016 6:39am | Report
I noticed you left out Shen as both support and jungle. What do you think of it? I've had success with it (But I play it mostly because I main Shen and the dynamic q never wants to give me top, even if I pick it as primary)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide