Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

AD Carry talk.

Creator: Joxuu April 13, 2013 11:14am
48 posts - page 1 of 5
1 2 3 4 5
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 11:14am | Report
Since Season 3 quite a lot have changed in bottom lane.

I want to talk about AD carries.
If you had to place all AD carries in Tiers of 1-3, where would you place them, why ?
Which champions have benefited the most ?
Which champions were "nerfed" ?

Tier List;

AD's: Ashe Caitlyn Corki Draven Ezreal Graves Kog'Maw Miss Fortune Quinn Sivir Tristana Twitch Varus.

I don't have tier list of my own, will propably make it soon. I'd just like to see everyones opinion and sort of sum it up.

Champions who have benefited the most ?

I think champions who benefit from attack speed in their kit along who can use Blade of the Ruined King have started to shine. Such as Tristana. Also since dramatic difference of the effect who gets first item, I'd say early game champions like Draven have benefited much also.

Which champions were "nerfed" ?

Corki - Poor guy for getting Trinity Force nerfed.
Ezreal - Somewhat same story ? He benefits from Iceborn Gauntlet, but not as much I'd say. Also the itemization changes are not as good as for some others.

Then basically early game champions can have really hard time.

I'm interested to know;

Varus and Miss Fortune. I have never really got into them and I'd really like to start maining them. How are they doing in Season 3 compared to other carries ?
Just off-topic, I'm also interested to know Thresh and Lulu's position compared to others Season 3.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 11:25am | Report
I'll go over each carry from my observations:

Caitlyn: Ridiculously safe and pushes so hard at almost no consequence. Needs nerfs, cause very few carries can deal with her in lane unless the Cait in question is terrible.

Ashe: Pretty much the same. She's either amazing for her ultimate or risky. Moderately safer in lane now though because the lifesteal runes+Dblade start actually makes her slightly threatening at lvl 1.

Corki: Sad faceeeee.. Needs buffs.

Draven: Snowballing is pro, and no one does that better than Draven.

Ezreal: He's still amazing, actually. He wasn't hit anywhere near as hard as Corki was with the TF nerfs.

Graves: Range is currently kicking his ***. He does love BotRK though.

Kog'Maw: need special team comp to be super effective.

Miss Fortune: Super stupid because Thresh and Leona exist with her ultimate.

Quinn: See Graves, but she's getting some nifty juking buffs soon.

Sivir: See Graves. Also, Mana costs are insanity mode.

Tristana: Stupid late game and early game, mid game is still meh.

Twitch: Good players will stomp any lesser creatures with Twitch. He's high skill cap, but pretty amazing in the right hands.

Varus: Has gained major popularity in reponse to Draven's rise to popularity, because he absolutely ****s Draven's day up with his ult.

I still think though, that AD carry has the least variation of actual good or bad champions. The binary nature of what an AD carry does makes every one of them work if the player does it right and has a support that benefits them.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 11:51am | Report
If I had to organize them into three tiers I'd say something like:

Good - Caitlyn, Miss Fortune, Draven, Ezreal, Varus, Twitch
Average - Kog'Maw, Graves, Ashe, Tristana, Vayne unless you're doublelift
Bad - Corki, Urgot, Sivir, Quinn

I suck at making tier lists lol.

Miss Fortune is really good right now particularly in AoE comps. Varus is not quite on the same level imo but still strong. Thresh is broken and Lulu is pretty damn good.
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 11:58am | Report
Are we going by viability in solo queue or in 5v5 teams? Some really good AD carries like Kog'Maw don't fare too well in solo queue (especially lower elo solo queue) due to dependency on teamwork, while some AD carries like Tristana can handle themselves quite well even without great team protection due to having a self-peel and a good escape.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 1:16pm | Report
in their majority, they are all viable. Corki was seriously nerfd in S3, indirectly as everyone build primarily HP, Graves gets bulied inlane (wierd, i know). Sivir and Ashe are simply outclassed, imo. Kog'Maw always needed a comp made for him, so no news there.

otg forgot Vayne but she still is the same faceroll-lategame hypercarry we're used to.

Sig made by Tamy
jinlee
<Member>
jinlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 4:24pm | Report
though corki is getting a buff to his ult in the next patch

all credit for this amazing sig goes to the nameless bard

if you thought what i said was worth it a rep would be rainbow pony awesome
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 5:01pm | Report
jinlee wrote:

though corki is getting a buff to his ult in the next patch

that actually yields nothing because that was not the reason he was consistently picked in S2 and now is not.

Sig made by Hogopogo
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 5:45pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

that actually yields nothing because that was not the reason he was consistently picked in S2 and now is not.

flawless logic.

In any regards

Caitlyn is far and away the best ADC right now. She's a guarantee win in lane and there's no counter play to her. She also pushes extremely well which is crucial in this meta. She needs nerfs.

Draven very strong, can win the game from lane, big lane bully and does aton of damage. I don't actually know much about him other than he has an insane skill cap

Ashe decent. Pretty much zero lane presence which makes her hard to throw in this meta, add that with no escape and mediocre power throughout the entire game and she's going to be more of a niche pick for catching people out.

Corki mana costs are an issue and his build path sucks. Extremely glad, because I hate Corki

Ezreal can snowball from early game, one of the strongest early games and mid games, extremely safe with Arcane Shift, has one of the worst late games though

Vayne terrible early laning phase, no pushing power, godlike late game. Her mid game isn't awful either, around level 7 or so, she's able to duel anyone and usually win.

Tristana strongest level 2 of all adc's, best 6 item carry , terrible mid game. She's viable and maybe even a top tier ADC

Kog'Maw no escape in an assassin heavy meta makes him pretty weak. Still an insanely strong late game which got an indirect buff from the warmog's meta.

Sivir underrated but an extremely high skill cap. All around pretty weak especially considering her ultimate is team reliant and has a cast time for some reason

Varus becoming more popular because he's a lane bully. Has pretty good early and the initiate. It makes him a replacement for Ashe who is pretty much only an initiate

Graves he's not very good at killing tanks compared to other adc's. And to kill tanks you need Blade of the Ruined King but he has extremely hard AD scalings on his Q and R which make Bloodthirster better. He's a weird inbetweener

Twitch decent early game, subpar mid game, insane late game. he's one of the strongest ADC's when he blows his ult, but the problem is he needs his ult to fight well. plus if he gets caught he's dead

Miss Fortune strong ultimate, lane bully, decent late game.

Quinn the problem is her kit. Any ultimate that requires an ADC to get in melee range to use is not a viable adc. She's a strong duelist 1v1, but thats not her role. All around just absolute garbage

Urgot no idea why people dont play this guy

tierlist: not in any particular order

godtier: Caitlyn
tier 1: Miss Fortune, Draven, Ezreal, Varus
tier 2: Tristana, Twitch, Kog'Maw, Graves
tier 3: Urgot, Sivir, Ashe, Corki
trash: Quinn
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 6:06pm | Report
Do

Not

Nerf

Caitlyn

Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 6:09pm | Report
Please, nerf Caitlyn.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide