Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Aparently the costs to build tanky is going up...

Creator: cooper56 October 30, 2012 1:28pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 11:27am | Report
If you let a Sion run in a farm lane... srsly someone like this wouldn't be able to reach elo of 1201, given that everyone starts with 1200...

And when was the last time you DIDN'T saw a ranged ADC (in a "serious" game)?

There isn't a need for a whole team to burn down a miserly 2-3k in a few secs with (near to) true dmg.

And we only discussing the Soft CC case right now.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 1:08pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

If you let a Sion run in a farm lane... srsly someone like this wouldn't be able to reach elo of 1201, given that everyone starts with 1200...

And when was the last time you DIDN'T saw a ranged ADC (in a "serious" game)?

There isn't a need for a whole team to burn down a miserly 2-3k in a few secs with (near to) true dmg.

And we only discussing the Soft CC case right now.

@ the first thing: So if you pick Nasus and they pick Sion, you're suddenly going to turn into the most aggressive Nasus the Sion has ever seen?

You don't need to hit the ADC. Just hit the tanks and you'll still heal over 300 HP per hit.

It wouldn't be near to true dmg, because as far as I know all Sion's take GA, which gives really good resistances. I know I take it anyway.

In the case of hard CC, I personally run with Cleanse. And the top solomid AD sion guide recommends it too, and I'm guessing that guide is what most people would base their Sion on.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 1:30pm | Report
i dont think this thread is about how good or bad sion is
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 1:34pm | Report
When do you build GA? Before your 4. item?

And taking a specific example with the top lane being a face-off between Sion and Nasus...

What are you trying to tell me?
That Nasus should stay put until both are level 6 and he gets at a serious disadvantage trying to face Sion in future 1on1 situations?

The moment Sion hits his ulti I'd simply use wither in order to run away and wait for the effects to run out.

And really don't use SS like they are part of your skill kit... you use Cleanse? You're going to need it to purge Exhaust and AFTER that the skill kit CCs are still rdy.

@Dill
Yeah, this got a little derailed, but heck like I would care, since I didn't start this by getting flamed at.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 1:47pm | Report
yeah "a little"
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 2:20pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

When do you build GA? Before your 4. item?

And taking a specific example with the top lane being a face-off between Sion and Nasus...

What are you trying to tell me?
That Nasus should stay put until both are level 6 and he gets at a serious disadvantage trying to face Sion in future 1on1 situations?

The moment Sion hits his ulti I'd simply use wither in order to run away and wait for the effects to run out.

And really don't use SS like they are part of your skill kit... you use Cleanse? You're going to need it to purge Exhaust and AFTER that the skill kit CCs are still rdy.

@Dill
Yeah, this got a little derailed, but heck like I would care, since I didn't start this by getting flamed at.

I go Mercury's Treads > Phantom Dancer > Infinity Edge > Guardian Angel

Nasus has the potential to win lots of match-ups, but he just passive farms because late-game he's better farmed with a fully farmed Q than he is with 4 kills on his laning opponent. And I don't usually use Sion's ult to kill people, I use it to regain all my Hp to keep on farming rather than recalling.

What do you mean by ss? And I'm still gonna have 65% CC reduction after I use Cleanse, hard CC will only be lasting 0.35 seconds if it was meant to last 1 second. That's not even a noticeable interruption to my auto-attacks. And if you talk about with-holding all the hard CC until that part of Cleanse runs out, then GL trying to beat a team that ISN'T holding back all their hard CC.

I'm not flaming you lol, at first I was arguing why I think full AD sion is better than tank Sion, and now I'm arguing why I think AD Sion is viable, lol. :P

Thread is derailed, but no one cares about the original topic anymore, it's already been discussed. But it did spark another discussion which there's no point in taking to another thread.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 2:32pm | Report
I don't know how to say this without looking like an ***hat, but anyone trying to defend the viability of AD sion is just bad. (My opinion)

He just doesn't have enough mobility to compete in the current meta. Like Darcurse has been saying, kite him and hes pretty much done for.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 2:34pm | Report
Ghost.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 3:32pm | Report
Talked about sth on page 3 or 4 with that "flaming" (practically me mentioning AD Sion somewhere and getting flamed for it started this).

And yeah was somehow bad to talk about "the 4. item", simply sum what youd spend on Merc + PD + IE and you get my drift about "Building your GA is way too late to say that you actually build def".

And SS are Summoner Spells.

Let me repeat this: If you use SS as part of your normal skill kit (like now, arguing that the lack of Sions movement is completely compensated for by Ghost), you're bad and/or are playing in SoloQ where common logic can't be applied.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2012 6:54am | Report
I normally build Sion like

The thing is, Sion has earlygame already enough damage with Enrage, so you can rush AS and you don't need more damage until lategame. I still take 2 Doran's Blade and Vampiric Scepter early, which lets you lifesteal a big amount, even without your ult.

And of course, if you lack resistances vs your opponent early, get that Chain Vest/ Null-Magic Mantle.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide