Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Aparently the costs to build tanky is going up...

Creator: cooper56 October 30, 2012 1:28pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2012 12:54pm | Report
Guardian Angel+ Maw of Malmortius should be enough then as defense. Of course Atma's Impaler(Infinity Damage) and Mercury's Treads aswell. So, this just leaves Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancer for pure damage. Wait, that is actually an off-tank build which is no off-tank build, wtf? I am confused. Maybe replace Maw of Malmortius with Bloodthirster or Last Whisper?
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2012 2:58pm | Report
Still waiting for source...
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2012 3:13pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Simply because pure dmg isn't unkillable even with Sion's HP+Passive.
Not to mention that he's a kite victim to the core.

(Not speaking for SoloQ ofc, if you take that as your base, I'll tell you how ****ing awesome AP Fiora/Talon/etc. are)

And getting all that HP for free and not doing anything with it.. dunno about you, but I'm not the crazy one here.

It's not just his passive and E that makes him unkillable. It's the fact that his ult gives him 100% lifesteal, making damage = survivability. The more damage he does, the longer he survives. And he's a kite victim unfortunately, yes. So what, the entire enemy team is going to run from him? Also, I always run Ghost + Ignite on him, so that's not usually a problem for me.

It's not like you're not doing anything with the HP. That's like saying that by building tankiness, you're not doing anything with your damage. Naturally, the longer you survive, the more damage you put out. But with Sion it works both ways. The more damage you put out, the longer you survive. The longer you survive, the more damage you put out. But you do more damage by building damage, obviously. And seeing as Sion has the kit to SURVIVE while building pure damage, why would you want to build tanky?
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2012 3:22pm | Report
Crows foot wrote:

Still waiting for source...

Linky to other links!
+Rep me if i'm useful!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2012 5:55am | Report

It's not just his passive and E that makes him unkillable. It's the fact that his ult gives him 100% lifesteal, making damage = survivability. The more damage he does, the longer he survives. And he's a kite victim unfortunately, yes. So what, the entire enemy team is going to run from him? Also, I always run Ghost + Ignite on him, so that's not usually a problem for me.

It's not like you're not doing anything with the HP. That's like saying that by building tankiness, you're not doing anything with your damage. Naturally, the longer you survive, the more damage you put out. But with Sion it works both ways. The more damage you put out, the longer you survive. The longer you survive, the more damage you put out. But you do more damage by building damage, obviously. And seeing as Sion has the kit to SURVIVE while building pure damage, why would you want to build tanky?

One problem: CC-Lock. And this shows again the biggest weakness of any meele ad and why they are not viable, CC. Which then results into the Tryndamere-thread.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2012 6:04am | Report
As hard as I don't want to admit Nickname is right on anything... What he said.

Hard CC, or soft CC (slow) + ranged dmg or in some situations a simple Ignite/heal reduce and your so called "lifeleech = defense" goes down the drain.

Like I said: Don't take SoloQ as base, even focusing the right target is already too much for the average gamer there.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2012 7:18am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

One problem: CC-Lock. And this shows again the biggest weakness of any meele ad and why they are not viable, CC. Which then results into the Tryndamere-thread.

That's why you have a total of 3k HP thanks to your E, and a GA. The HP from your E and the resistances from GA, effectively make you a bruiser. Do you see bruisers instantly dying when they get CC locked? Nope. Also, it's effectively 3.3k HP because of your shield.

Darcurse wrote:
As hard as I don't want to admit Nickname is right on anything... What he said.

Hard CC, or soft CC (slow) + ranged dmg or in some situations a simple Ignite/heal reduce and your so called "lifeleech = defense" goes down the drain.

Like I said: Don't take SoloQ as base, even focusing the right target is already too much for the average gamer there.

Slows only affect your DPS if the entire enemy team is ranged. Or, they're all running from you. You should try and focus the squishier targets if you can, but if that's too hard for whatever reason, just attack whatever's there. You're still gonna blow it up in 3 seconds. Also, have you ever seen a Sion with his ult on in a teamfight? Each hit restores like a 3rd of his max HP. Even ignited he has ridiculous lifesteal. Something like 60%, with a fully stacked BT. Calculate 60% lifesteal with an AD carry build and tell me how much HP you're regenerating per 5 secs.

When you say SoloQ, do you mean SoloQ ranked, or Blind Pick?
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2012 9:19am | Report
Well, but Sion has another problem. Which lane? Top he gets countered hardcore, mid aswell and bot, there is the ranged AD. He can jungle but it isn't that great for his HP.

Also, Exhaust.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2012 11:28am | Report
Solo Queue anywhere... ranked below 1600 makes no difference, get the feeling ppl are dumber there than in normal.

And Slow + ranged so that he can't hit anything.

If ppl actually let themself get hit by him, can't help them.
And some 2.5k-3k is nothing if attacks do true dmg while you're a slow moving kite victim.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 11:20am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Well, but Sion has another problem. Which lane? Top he gets countered hardcore, mid aswell and bot, there is the ranged AD. He can jungle but it isn't that great for his HP.

Also, Exhaust.

Yeah, I wouldn't say he's a great blind pick champ, but he does do well in some match-ups. :P He does great in a farm lane too, considering if his HP drops too low at any point he can just ult and go back to full HP with just a rank 1 ult.

Also, list me 1 high damage champion that doesn't get countered by exhaust. :P

Darcurse wrote:
Solo Queue anywhere... ranked below 1600 makes no difference, get the feeling ppl are dumber there than in normal.

And Slow + ranged so that he can't hit anything.

If ppl actually let themself get hit by him, can't help them.
And some 2.5k-3k is nothing if attacks do true dmg while you're a slow moving kite victim.

When was the last time you saw a full ranged team?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide