Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Best Tank

Creator: LeBlanCC April 10, 2011 12:54pm
43 posts - page 1 of 5
1 2 3 4 5
LeBlanCC
<Member>
LeBlanCC's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 12:54pm | Report
whos best tank for terms of taking most damage and not dieing?
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 12:55pm | Report
Rammus can soak upp the most dmg in the entire game, but all tanks have there little utility that makes them great.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 2:59pm | Report
It really depends on the items you have but in terms of raw damage it would probably be Rammus. That doesn't necessarily make him the best tank, though.
VoiD
<Member>
VoiD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 3:58pm | Report
Team with lots of AoE damage: Amumu

Team with little CC: Malphite

Team with squishy but tons of damage team: Shen

Team with lots of single target nuke: rammus.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 4:01pm | Report
Damage wise, it would have to be Singed.

Honestly, Poison just rips through minions and drops enemy health so well without them noticing if you build him correctly.

However, tanks are NOT about damage. They're about how well they can CC the enemy to let carries deal out damage.

Most accurate Tier List ever:

JunSupport wrote:
Tier 1: Shen
All others: Hard to place.

Don't care what your arguments are.

Shen has a visual life-tapping marker.
Shen has a multi-target taunt.
Shen has a passive damage-booster that encourages tanking.
Shen has a global shielding teleport, letting him participate and reverse the flow of any team fight of his choosing.

Rammus - Ultimate is not a tanking mech
Amumu - Reliant on his Bandage toss.
Singed - Reliant on his Fling.
Malphite - Fairly reliant on his Ultimate to CC people.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 4:14pm | Report
I also agree that Shen is the best tank for any team.

Shen's blade basically heals your team.
His Feint allows himself to take reduced damage while tanking.
He has a dash taunt that can catch nearby runners.
He has a global teleport that saves countless lives everyday.
Stand United allows him to be away from the team and push a lane while a team fight is about to occur. So before the team fight starts, you shift the momentum of a lane before coming in.

Shen, best tank In Game IMO.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 4:17pm | Report
No doubt Shen is the best pure tank in the game for his teammates, however if you just want to tank damage and never die, Rammus is without a doubt the best tank in the game in that regard.

MDC
<Member>
MDC's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 4:49pm | Report
I'll say from my perspective. I tried tanking with Cho, Whammus, Shen, Amumu, Alistair, even Blitzcrank and versus those, I say that Amumu, Rammus and Shen are most dangerous to go against with team backing them up. I see no best tank, since every tank has something that outshines others. Shens AoE taunt and Ulti, his vorpal blades are actually waste of energy in teamfight and being reliant on energy he can't actually spam his abilities as I'd like him to. Amumus range of bandage toss is godly thing to save your running comrade from battle almost alive and his ulti makes enemy team carries wither. Whammus is all about selecting right target to taunt first and neutralize him long enough for team rip others, his powerball also is nice disruption, I kinda like his ulti, cause it's one of the things that actually is a debuff to health of enemy team.

I don't say other tanks are bad, but they need more of special team setup to be most effective.
Cho is MEGAZERGLING!
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 5:19pm | Report
Playing ranged carries / Anti-carries all the time.

I love having shen / Amumu on my team the most.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 7:25pm | Report
Shen IMO is best. He has a 2.5 second AOE taunt, a heal that rewards his team to focus something and gives them greater incentive to do so, and most of all a global ult that gives him insanely powerful map control and punishes anyone who tries to overextend. It also allows him to split push very well turning the numbers of a teamfight instantly.

Rammus has some really bad base stats and is reliant on his defensive ball curl to be tanky. Granted this thing lasts the whole teamfight so it isn't too big of a deal. Since powerball is slower now, warding makes his ganks much less ineffective. He is also pretty easy to counterjungle and his sustained jungling is really bad. I am saying all this stuff about his jungling because he is better in the jungle IMO than in lane. IMO the best thing about rammus later on in the game is his great ability to take advantage of enemies out of position. If the team is smart, however rammus becomes much less effective. I would put him behind amumu in my tier list for tanks.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide