Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champ Win Rate @ Lolking - 3rd place AP Trynd

Creator: I post stuff February 23, 2013 6:33am
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2013 11:45am | Report
Trynd's heal was more annoying because it's instantaneous. AP YI can be easily locked down and killed because his can be stopped so easily.

Trynd on the other hand has at least 5 seconds of freedom to work with in every fight, and generally AP trynd has 40% CDR and spams his full heal and Spinning Slash way faster than AP Yi can generally get his resets.

Basically AP Trynd was actually more reliable, but Yi was a better laner.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2013 11:51am | Report
Yi "is", not was.
He is gonna kill you!!!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2013 12:00pm | Report
yea, you know what I mean
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2013 12:02pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Wait, if AP splitpush Tryndamere can exist, what about AP splitpush Master Yi? He has a similar if not even stronger heal and in bad situations he can even teamfight. And his Alpha Strike does the same damage as Spinning Slash. Also, Highlander and Double Strike make it even more painfull because of the free AS and hits.
ap tm has lower cooldowns and cant die (ult is better) and his heal is better.
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2013 12:05pm | Report
Just played AP Tryndamere. Lost with a good score but he's strong, and almost impossible to catch. The main disadvantage is that your team might think that you're trolling and give up.

I think the main advantage of having an AP Tryndamere over AP Master Yi is that Tryndamere has better mobility and doesn't use mana, plus his ulti is better in a way.
I don't play LoL anymore.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2013 12:30pm | Report
Yi's ultimate gives AS and MS, which makes it superior for fast pushing purpose. And Yi can get cooldown reduction aswell.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2013 12:39pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Yi's ultimate gives AS and MS, which makes it superior for fast pushing purpose.

Then you have no escape.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
GreenFrogs
<Member>
GreenFrogs's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2013 12:48pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Wait, if AP splitpush Tryndamere can exist, what about AP splitpush Master Yi? He has a similar if not even stronger heal and in bad situations he can even teamfight. And his Alpha Strike does the same damage as Spinning Slash. Also, Highlander and Double Strike make it even more painfull because of the free AS and hits.

Because his spin is way better in terms of utility, pushing, and damage, while yi's q is only pushing and damage. Trynd's heal is instantaneous and is on a way shorter CD than yi's. also cannot be interrupted. trynds ult also lets him get away from almost anything or stay long enough in a fight to kill someone they sent to stop him from pushing, even if they sent two people, and still get away with his E. trynd also has a super slow which also subtracts a flat 80 ad. he is way better at split pushing than yi.
If you think I did a good job criticizing a guide or giving helpful info, or for just being a bawz of a bro, rep would be awesome :)

OR

Check out Dat Kha'zix Guide
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2013 12:56pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Yi's ultimate gives AS and MS, which makes it superior for fast pushing purpose. And Yi can get cooldown reduction aswell.

Master Yi has to choose; he can use his ult to down a turret quickly but have no means of escape afterwards, or not use it and down a turret slower.

AP Tryndamere doesnt have to sacrifice his escape mechanism to push, he can heal while damaging the turret or running, and he can E through some terrain. Plus, his ulti.

Imho AP Tryndamere is overall better made for split pushing than AP Master Yi, while AP Master Yi's role is to obliterate the enemy team during TFs when they get low enough.

Basically:

AP Tryndamere = Epic split-pushing.

AP Master Yi = AoE, ranged Darius ult plus occasional Meditate tanking.
I don't play LoL anymore.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2013 4:54pm | Report
They'll simply going for AP ratio nerf on Heal and that's that.

On the other hand I guess they also want AP Tryn to be viable.
Maybe a little rework if just dumping ratios would kill him off.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide