Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

EU servers are being split up

Creator: Luther3000 June 29, 2011 1:52pm
BigDaddyPedro
<Member>
BigDaddyPedro's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 5:32pm | Report
I was trying to go to sleep but now I can't.

Riot is turning into my nightmare now.

I can run, I can hide, but I cant stop Riot from ****ing up my day.

Eh and excuse my french..
Zhank you to jhoijhoi and Spoon as well as wRAth for the awesomez Sigz <3
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 5:34pm | Report
Now that I think a bit.. If they can switch us over to the NY servers if the capacity is maxed wouldn't they be able to switch us to a new set of servers located in EU instead?

Anyway, I'm waiting for DOTA2.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 5:35pm | Report

I was trying to go to sleep but now I can't.

Riot is turning into my nightmare now.

I can run, I can hide, but I cant stop Riot from ****ing up my day.

Eh and excuse my french..

Don't worry, I can't sleep either. Every time I try, I keep having nightmares of our dystopian future world under Riot.

Today, seperating EU into east and west; tomorrow everyone on the planet worshipping statues of teemo and watching a mandatory 24 hours of phreak rapping/dancing/yapping on continuously every day. If you fail to meet these requirements, Phreak will send his secret police to your house, wherupon they will kill you with poisonous mushrooms.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 5:36pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

Now that I think a bit.. If they can switch us over to the NY servers if the capacity is maxed wouldn't they be able to switch us to a new set of servers located in EU instead?

That is indeed weird..
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
BigDaddyPedro
<Member>
BigDaddyPedro's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 5:37pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Don't worry, I can't sleep either. Every time I try, I keep having nightmares of our dystopian future world under Riot.

Today, seperating EU into east and west; tomorrow everyone on the planet worshipping statues of teemo and watching a mandatory 24 hours of phreak rapping/dancing/yapping on continuously every day. If you fail to meet these requirements, Phreak will send his secret police to your house, wherupon they will kill you with poisonous mushrooms.

You read my twisted mind man.
Zhank you to jhoijhoi and Spoon as well as wRAth for the awesomez Sigz <3
Crazy Smurf
<Member>
Crazy Smurf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 5:39pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

+Rep for this.
- Witcher 1 and 2 Collecter Editions - Best RPGs in tha World -
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 5:40pm | Report
Searz wrote:

That is indeed weird..

I'm starting to think that the problem isn't "game" related...

It sounds as the problem is PVP.net related. You know... login/chat/shop thingy?
You have to keep in mind that game client and the pvp.net client are 2 different apps.

It sounds to me that the problem is on the login queue choke that they're having. But then again, it shouldn't be very hard to change the structure of the chat/login/store into a proper cluster of machines...
76. GLHF is code for "We are going to rape you". Not returning the favor is giving consent.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 5:53pm | Report
orochinagi wrote:

I'm starting to think that the problem isn't "game" related...

It sounds as the problem is PVP.net related. You know... login/chat/shop thingy?
You have to keep in mind that game client and the pvp.net client are 2 different apps.

It sounds to me that the problem is on the login queue choke that they're having. But then again, it shouldn't be very hard to change the structure of the chat/login/store into a proper cluster of machines...

This would make sense to me considering all of the issues we've been having lately have stemmed from the pvp client - 'session closed' errors, buggy champion select, extremely long login queues, chat disconnects; all of these happen on the client and not in the game itself. The only ingame problem I've experienced is being forced to play with 100+ ping on NA servers.
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 6:01pm | Report
Riot are rich enough as it it, they've spent a lot of time and money for Dreamhack etc and even helped donate a huge sum to Japan, but what i don't understand is how they can't invest into better software, or applications to support their game

Bugsplat for example is terrible... they should get something similar to NCSoft, Gameguard.
PVP.Net is inconsistent
Servers are generally rubbish
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 6:54pm | Report

Here's a better plan for the server split I found =P

Going to bed now since it's 3 AM.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide