Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Garen needs Buff

Creator: NicknameMy April 29, 2011 1:57pm
17 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2011 1:57pm | Report
I think, Garen needs a Buff. He scales with his spin very badly in lategame, Autoattaks deal sometimes more dmg... Only pure ad gives some reasonable dmg output, but this would make Garen die easily. If I could give a suggestion i would say, that the AD-ratio of Judgment should be changed, it's damage should be increased by all of Garen's AD or something like an 1,5-2,0 AD Ratio on Bonus Damage.

Do you think the same?
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2011 2:46pm | Report
Riot is currently looking into this, and comparing him to other tanky DPS champs. Depending how he is, they will either bring him in line with the rest, or bring the rest in line with him.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
ShadowReign757
<Member>
ShadowReign757's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2011 2:47pm | Report
No. Just no. His AD ratios are where they are because he is an early game champion. Going into late game isn't supposed to happen on Garen, which is why his early damage is absolutely insane. IMO the only way, right now anyways, to bring Garen into being a late game champion is to tank with him, but even that isn't an amazing way to play him.

EDIT: If Riot is looking into this, I hope they put others where he is. It'd be interesting to see how it affects the metagame.

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate -- the bombs always hit the ground.

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2011 2:54pm | Report
But we have to say, Garen is underpowered in the difference to other tanky dps, such like Renekton. If they don't nerf the others, Garen's ratios must be buffed. Maybe get him back to the power of old days^^.
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2011 3:06pm | Report
No thanks, although hes not really being picked as much as he used to (haha sunfire stacking) hes still strong, and does relatively great damage whilst also surviving a lot.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2011 3:11pm | Report
I think his early through late game is amazing AD or tanky.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2011 3:50pm | Report
you guys cant build him right is all :] early game spin to win, mid game tank, late game, off tank crit chance/high ad =)
Jvstm
<Member>
Jvstm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2011 4:54pm | Report

No. Just no. His AD ratios are where they are because he is an early game champion. Going into late game isn't supposed to happen on Garen, which is why his early damage is absolutely insane. IMO the only way, right now anyways, to bring Garen into being a late game champion is to tank with him, but even that isn't an amazing way to play him.

EDIT: If Riot is looking into this, I hope they put others where he is. It'd be interesting to see how it affects the metagame.

AD Garen with Sunfire, Frozen Hammer and Atma's scales incredibly well into late game.

He's a terrible tank.
Build AD/HP with Atma's, though, and you'll eat their teams.

Boots of Swiftness
Frozen Mallet
Sunfire Aegis
Atma's Impaler
Infinity Edge
Last Whisper

Number one Garen build, IMO.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2011 4:58pm | Report
Jvstm wrote:

AD Garen with Sunfire, Frozen Hammer and Atma's scales incredibly well into late game.

He's a terrible tank.
Build AD/HP with Atma's, though, and you'll eat their teams.

Boots of Swiftness
Frozen Mallet
Sunfire Aegis
Atma's Impaler
Infinity Edge
Last Whisper

Number one Garen build, IMO.

NO! This will not turn into another "how to build Garen" thread! Bad Jvstm! >:[
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2011 5:11pm | Report
Last 'Garen is free' week was horrible. Every time I faced a Garen, he owned me. Why? Because I think there is a glitch on him of some sort. Using Kennen almost all those games against him, I could not stun him close range...at all. At a distance was no problem. But if he was close, I would just stack 3 marks (no stun) and then stack 3 more marks (still no stun). It was the same thing with Taric. If he was far away, I successfully stunned him. If he was right beside me, no stun. No Cleanse or Quicksilver was ever involved. He was just completely immune to all stuns at close range. Yes, QQ

Anyways, I think Garen has sufficient damage all throughout the game. I believe he is what one would call a bruiser, taking damage well while still being able to put it out.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide