Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Highest Burst in League?

Creator: Kadius November 17, 2014 7:07pm
Bursty Champions that you can poll for, because why not?
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 12:52am | Report
Thanks guys! Helps a bunch! SO so far the ones that've been mentioned the most are:
1. Veigar
2. Syndra
3. Fizz
4. Talon
ALso if someone could tell me a run down on their abilities that MAKE them so bursty that's be great.
Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Made by yours truly c:
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 4:04am | Report
Kadius wrote:
Thanks guys! Helps a bunch! SO so far the ones that've been mentioned the most are:
1. Veigar
2. Syndra
3. Fizz
4. Talon
ALso if someone could tell me a run down on their abilities that MAKE them so bursty that's be great.

Ooph, a big ask.

Veigar's burst is mainly thanks to his infinitely stacking AP from Baleful Strike as well as fantastic 1:1 and 1:1.2 ratios on Dark Matter and Primordial Burst respectively. Not to mention Primordial Burst also scales with the enemy's AP. While his damage is lackluster early, if you can last hit with Baleful Strike, you'll get a lot of bonus AP and every squishy caught within your stun will simply disappear off the face of the planet with a simple WQR combo. It's primarily single target, with some AoE potential with Dark Matter. Once again, Veigar has an incredibly strong and relatively reliable multi-target 2.5s stun in the form of Event Horizon. 2.5s is more than ample time for his combo to land on an enemy.

Syndra, once again, mainly has her burst focused upon a single-target. She is a very combo based burst caster, with her main combo focused on getting the maximum amount of Dark Spheres up, and then simply pressing R on top of a squishy champion. To put it in perspective, Unleashed Power at maximum spheres deals 1260 magical damage with a 1:1.4 AP ratio. That's pretty much a one show for any squishy late game. Generally though, you won't even need maximum stacks to burst someone down with Syndra after she's performed her combo. Do note though that Syndra requires practice, and isn't as straight-forward as Veigar. Scatter the Weak offers pick potential to allow you to set-up plays, alongside Force of Will's slow. The most important aspect of Force of Will is not the damage, but rather the fact that it resets the duration of a Dark Sphere, allowing you to hit maximum stacks easier.

Fizz's burst mainly comes from Urchin Strike, a single target, low cooldown, mixed-damage, fixed distance dash that most importantly, applies on hit effects. This is the main source of your ridiculous, instant burst, as Urchin Strike combined with a Lich Bane and Deathfire Grasp will heavily chunk a squishy with relative ease. The other important ability is Playful / Trickster, aiding to Fizz's fantastic mobility. Playful / Trickster is generally maxed first to get the much lower cooldown as well as the extra AoE damage for waveclear. Seastone Trident is very useful just for some extra burst, as well as helping to secure kills with the very strong poison with it. Chum the Waters is a very strong teamfight utlimate for an assassin. It allows for relatively good pick potential as well as great teamfight disruption. Sometimes though, you don't even need Chum the Waters to burst someone as Fizz.

Finally, Talon has the fastest and previously the "most uncounterable" burst in the game. Rake is his bread and butter. Gives good waveclear, decent poke, but it also applies a slow for you to get a little extra damage from your basic attacks. Cutthroat is the main mobility and initiating ability. You'll generally lead off any engage with this if you aren't sneaking in with Shadow Assault. This ability not only applies a slow for you to proc your passive off of, but it also gets you into a very good position to unload your burst with the damage amplification offered by this ability. Noxian Diplomacy is an auto-attack reset and is the main source of burst. the big burst comes when you get lucky and this one attack crits. The damage amplified by a crit alongside the basic-attack damage buff allows for insane burst within a single instant. Be sure to capitalise on the basic attack reset to get the most out of your burst. Finally, Shadow Assault is a very versatile ability. Not only is it a major source of burst within the second that Talon kills you, but it also offers escape options in times of trouble. Additionally, it can also Talon to safely disengage after assassinating a target. Talon burst may be the most spread out over all his abilities, but fast fingers can allow you to kill someone within a single second. There's only one real combo to burst with Talon though. there aren't as many options for him as there are for other assassins, and this lack of variety makes him one of my least favourite assassins.

Here's a link for Talon, Fizz and Syndra's Champion Spotlights if you want a rundown on their abilities and a general idea of playstyles. (Poor little Veigar doesn't have one)
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 5:34am | Report

Ooph, a big ask.

Veigar's burst is mainly thanks to his infinitely stacking AP from Baleful Strike as well as fantastic 1:1 and 1:1.2 ratios on Dark Matter and Primordial Burst respectively. Not to mention Primordial Burst also scales with the enemy's AP. While his damage is lackluster early, if you can last hit with Baleful Strike, you'll get a lot of bonus AP and every squishy caught within your stun will simply disappear off the face of the planet with a simple WQR combo. It's primarily single target, with some AoE potential with Dark Matter. Once again, Veigar has an incredibly strong and relatively reliable multi-target 2.5s stun in the form of Event Horizon. 2.5s is more than ample time for his combo to land on an enemy.

Syndra, once again, mainly has her burst focused upon a single-target. She is a very combo based burst caster, with her main combo focused on getting the maximum amount of Dark Spheres up, and then simply pressing R on top of a squishy champion. To put it in perspective, Unleashed Power at maximum spheres deals 1260 magical damage with a 1:1.4 AP ratio. That's pretty much a one show for any squishy late game. Generally though, you won't even need maximum stacks to burst someone down with Syndra after she's performed her combo. Do note though that Syndra requires practice, and isn't as straight-forward as Veigar. Scatter the Weak offers pick potential to allow you to set-up plays, alongside Force of Will's slow. The most important aspect of Force of Will is not the damage, but rather the fact that it resets the duration of a Dark Sphere, allowing you to hit maximum stacks easier.

Fizz's burst mainly comes from Urchin Strike, a single target, low cooldown, mixed-damage, fixed distance dash that most importantly, applies on hit effects. This is the main source of your ridiculous, instant burst, as Urchin Strike combined with a Lich Bane and Deathfire Grasp will heavily chunk a squishy with relative ease. The other important ability is Playful / Trickster, aiding to Fizz's fantastic mobility. Playful / Trickster is generally maxed first to get the much lower cooldown as well as the extra AoE damage for waveclear. Seastone Trident is very useful just for some extra burst, as well as helping to secure kills with the very strong poison with it. Chum the Waters is a very strong teamfight utlimate for an assassin. It allows for relatively good pick potential as well as great teamfight disruption. Sometimes though, you don't even need Chum the Waters to burst someone as Fizz.

Finally, Talon has the fastest and previously the "most uncounterable" burst in the game. Rake is his bread and butter. Gives good waveclear, decent poke, but it also applies a slow for you to get a little extra damage from your basic attacks. Cutthroat is the main mobility and initiating ability. You'll generally lead off any engage with this if you aren't sneaking in with Shadow Assault. This ability not only applies a slow for you to proc your passive off of, but it also gets you into a very good position to unload your burst with the damage amplification offered by this ability. Noxian Diplomacy is an auto-attack reset and is the main source of burst. the big burst comes when you get lucky and this one attack crits. The damage amplified by a crit alongside the basic-attack damage buff allows for insane burst within a single instant. Be sure to capitalise on the basic attack reset to get the most out of your burst. Finally, Shadow Assault is a very versatile ability. Not only is it a major source of burst within the second that Talon kills you, but it also offers escape options in times of trouble. Additionally, it can also Talon to safely disengage after assassinating a target. Talon burst may be the most spread out over all his abilities, but fast fingers can allow you to kill someone within a single second. There's only one real combo to burst with Talon though. there aren't as many options for him as there are for other assassins, and this lack of variety makes him one of my least favourite assassins.

Here's a link for Talon, Fizz and Syndra's Champion Spotlights if you want a rundown on their abilities and a general idea of playstyles. (Poor little Veigar doesn't have one)

+Rep. Absolutely amazing response ty. I am really liking Fizz because He's cute and has good character which is like 50% of what I look for in someone, plus that ulti mn it sounds amazing. Also, invulnerability? Damn. So he is an assassin that also heavily counters assassins... PLus I like AP based assassins. Idk it just seems that AP has so many more interesting items over AD in this game. I do know that one person that no one has mentioned that has amazing burst is good old AD Malzahar. Srsly them Summon Voidling have a stupid AD ratio and can do devastating adamage. Still, I think that I'm going to get Fizz Over Talon because he has 2 gapclosers, a damage steroid and an ult that you can toss onto someone and then walk away like a badass as you get the kill feed. Cool guys don't look at explosions, right? Fizz also has an amzing passive for the laning faze and making clutch escapes. idk I think Talon's playstyle is too linear and 'Do this, Do that and you'll get the kill' and offers very little freedom. COrrect me If i'm wrong but right now Fizz is my champ.

Credits to Amanda for making this... yeah, you're not having happy dreams tonight.
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 5:48am | Report
AD Malzahar doesn't really have "Burst", what he has is pretty high sustained damage often called DPS. Also I'm surprise no one mentioned AP Cho'Gath :/.

P.s. If you kill a champion who has a small model with Chum the Waters their bodies will disappear. (They get swallowed by the shark)

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 8:15am | Report

Veigar's champion spotlight
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 9:24am | Report
They all spam so much, but as for who I spam with the most it's probably Rengar. If I get into a close engagement I smash all the keys until my ferocity is maxed, in which case a press Q and resume button mashing.
Eyy
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 8:30pm | Report
Hatted wrote:
They all spam so much, but as for who I spam with the most it's probably Rengar. If I get into a close engagement I smash all the keys until my ferocity is maxed, in which case a press Q and resume button mashing.

with rengar you should use your roar when at max ferocity because of the massive heal. If they cant hurt you though and you are winning the duel easily then use q, if they're running away use your Bola. It depends on Rengar. But his roar is one of the most OP heals evarrrrr, because of its short CD and yu just need to spam q a bunch of times to get it mostly as getting the stacks takes longer than the CD.

Credits to the lovely and talented Amanda for the sig, be sure to check out her workshop!
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 9:24am | Report
Kadius wrote:

with rengar you should use your roar when at max ferocity because of the massive heal. If they cant hurt you though and you are winning the duel easily then use q, if they're running away use your Bola. It depends on Rengar. But his roar is one of the most OP heals evarrrrr, because of its short CD and yu just need to spam q a bunch of times to get it mostly as getting the stacks takes longer than the CD.

I usually never have a problem with health; usually the fight is so one sided or my hydra cleave along with rapid autos is enough to keep me alive. :) Forgot that his roar does increase his armor and magic resist though.

Hmmmmm
Eyy
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2014 5:25am | Report
So, I think Fizz is my go to!
Fizz's Pros!
    GINOURMOUS BURST WITH HIS COMBO LATE GAME
    Fish man
    Cuty :3
    AP champ (I just like em)
    Flexible (can Jungle and mid so he's reliable in case a certain role is taken)
Chum the Waters is sick and does massive damage
Again... fishman...
Invulnerability

and his cons :(
    Not the fastest burst
    Bad laning faze
    Bad ganks pre-6
    BAD EARLY GAME IN GENERAL
    His dash can sometime screw you up if you dash through them too far
If there are coding errors above plz no hate I'm new to Mobafire lol anyways I tried using some fancy code to practice my guide writing skills.
Anyways guys If you have another high burst champoin that's fun as **** to play give me a shout! For now though, Fizz is my man...

Made by yours truly c:
Lady Amelyne
<Member>
Lady Amelyne's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2014 5:54am | Report
Quoted:

Not the fastest burst

wat
Credits go to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide