Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How to handle being behind in lane?

Creator: rRSouL December 26, 2012 5:48pm
1 2
rRSouL
<Member>
rRSouL's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2012 5:48pm | Report
How do you handle this in general as in items to buy? Top/Jungle roles

Do you build resists against enemy damage dealers and take a more support role?

Or stick to the plan build damage items and hope you bounce back?
Akakakushi
<Member>
Akakakushi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2012 5:53pm | Report
If you're losing by CS there's not much you can do, try to keep up the farm, ask for a gank, or try to switch lanes, even.

If you're losing by kills, start playing more passively, farm, be defensive.

"Losing by ganks? Jump on which lane counter-part isn't ganking. Its one thing if your jungler ganks and gets a kill or something and then the enemy comes in for a triple kill clean up, but when enemy mid is almost constantly bot, and your mid is just farming, there is no excuse."
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2012 7:15pm | Report
If it is possible and you have enough wards, you can stick to your actual build and farm under tower until you can make a comeback.

As a top laner you can often leave top for a short moment and roam other lanes/call dragon. Since you are the toplaner, you can easily burst other laners like jungle or bottom.

As bottom lane I often tended to buy Wriggles but since S3 I did not bother thinking about it.
So I am doing pretty mach the same as I did on top lane, farm passive under the tower and wait for a mistake your enemy makes or a gank.

Thats all. Just don't give up when your enemy has 2-0 and you have 0-2. That doesn't mean you cannot fight him properly. One example is HotShotGG, if you watch his stream, he often gauges the outcome of a possible 1on1. And you will also often notices that the results of those gauges is that he can kill his enemy, even if he is like 10 kills behind.

Sometimes willpower gives you the possiblity to win games in LoL. lol
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2012 8:13pm | Report
Build gp10s, dorans items, and call for jungle help. That's really about all you can do, that and play careful and stay near your tower and try not to let it have any of your farm.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2012 8:39pm | Report

Build gp10s, dorans items, and call for jungle help. That's really about all you can do, that and play careful and stay near your tower and try not to let it have any of your farm.

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but how do Gp10s help you with being behind in lane? Most of them aren't beneficial on a lot of characters, and by the time you realize you need more income it is going to be around 10 - 15 minutes in anyways. By the time they actually give you money, it should be easy to just farm all day since laning phase is over.

For example, Philosopher's Stone takes about 23 minutes to pay itself off, and only then does it give you a profit. Kage's Lucky Pick (which isn't useful on 90% of top laners) takes about 32 minutes to pay itself off, and Avarice Blade (which almost no one uses, and I'm ignoring the extra gold per minion) takes about 67 minutes to pay itself off, again, not counting extra gold per minion. You can halve the time it takes if you sell them, but it still takes an awfully long time, not to mention you lose the stats they provide and it doesn't feel like it sets you any farther ahead than just going with a normal build.

I'm just saying that Gp10s aren't a great way to help with being behind in lane, if anything, they set you back even farther. The only time they are beneficial is if you plan to get them from the start and early (6 - 7 minutes in), you benefit from the stats, and you plan to build them into something. Otherwise, they aren't cost efficient.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2012 12:16am | Report
stack dorans, farm, win late game.

if you're an early game champion, you need some serious help from your other teammates either via ganking or by them getting fed in their own lanes and carrying you.
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2012 7:13am | Report
Ward,play safe,farm,ask for ganks or gank yourself thats pretty much what you can do
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2012 1:50pm | Report
Let top tower fall so you can farm minions on your side of the map - it's less likely you will be killed near Tier Two tower. If you're really behind and keep getting killed bottom lane, go jungle. If the jungler asks you not to take their minions, just take Wolves/Double Golems whenever they spawn; these creeps respawn quickly and forces the jungler to look for more ganks anyway.

Best thing you can do is not to lose heart. If you accept defeat after the first death, it's going to be really hard for you to come back.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig unintentional collab with Jovy and me ♡
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2012 2:18pm | Report
Dont let the lane snowball, losing cs is worth much more then giving kills, if the situation is dire, stand next to your tower, if the enemy can dive you, ask for a lane switch or start roaming
DemonSovereign
<Member>
DemonSovereign's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2012 6:08pm | Report
I prefer getting long swords, which actually build into my main items, over doran's. They are cheaper but they don't give you health. For sustain by some Health Potions. If your champ uses mana, get a crystalline flask instead. Also remember to ward your side of the map. If you lost your outermost turret, you will have a tendency like other players to farm under your 2nd turret. That means the enemy top laner is free to take your mini golem camp or wolf camp while you farm. Ward those spots!

GP10s are good if you buy them early and know the game will last long. Know your match up. During the loading screen you should be able to predict who you are facing. If you know you will have a hard time get a philo stone. It will provide some sustain as well as GP10. When you are trying to make a comeback try to prolong the game in order to get back on track. That means your GP10 will pay for itself eventually. It's risky because if the enemy team suddenly crushes you and ends the game quickly then your gp10 would have been a waste. Try your best to make the game last longer! By prolonging the game you can: get more farm, kills, assists, dragons, Barons, etc. Hopefully no more deaths. You can possibly catch up and get back on track with your normal build. Obviously if you are the on doing good, you should try to end the game faster in order to crush any hope of the enemy team has left for a comeback.

Generally to make the game last longer, you should focus on turtling(farming under your tower), and playing safe. Ask for more ganks from your jungler, but don't overdo it or else you will set back your team's other lanes. Buy cost efficient items such as wriggle's. If your enemy top laner goes off to gank another lane and it is safe to push, push your lane. Try to get a few hits on the tower and retreat if an enemy decides to come up.

While at the enemy tower, do not just focus on attacking it. If an enemy minion wave is under that tower, farm on them. Turrets, when destroyed, give gold to the entire team regardless of who destroyed it. You are better off farming on the minions. If there is no enemy minion wave, then attack the turret. This also means that the enemy turret will not go down as fast. It's sort of good and bad. It's good because the enemy top laner will be forced to go back top to protect the turret. That means less roaming for him or her. The bad thing is that your team won't get the 150gold from destroying that turret early, but then again that's just 7-10 cs.

Also during this time, see if it's okay with your jungler, if you can take the mini golem or wolf camp. Usually if he or she is doing decently and sees that you aren't, he or she will say yes.

Remember to keep track of Dragon and Baron! Over time it will give you and your team a huge advantage in gold.

That's about all the advice I can think of. Hope it helps :)
Thanks TinyStar for the amazing sig<3
Care to check out my Mordekaiser guide? I'd appreciate it :D
Dark Metallica-Rocking With Mordekaiser
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide