Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Least Useful Champ

Creator: KingCasanova October 4, 2011 12:01pm
158 posts - page 13 of 16
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 7:07pm | Report
BunkerBob wrote:

Entertain us with your 30-40 competitive champs please.

OK

Jet wrote:
i always thought read was xaioli

they both cry whenever i post
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 9:15pm | Report
l0l.

Just go watch any of the recent tournaments.

Any of the champions picked on the winning teams were viable.

(Lazy answer)

Just pick;

AP's (Mid); Brand Grags Karthus Ryze

AD's (Duo/Bot); Vayne Corki Cait

Supports (Duo/Bot); Any support, counter pick your opponents

Junglers; Udyr Amumu Trundle

Solo tops; Galio ChoGath Rumble
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 9:43pm | Report
wtf Duff.

most of those weren't successful lol

I didn't even see Ryze at IEM, as I recall Corki lost all his games (idk tho)

pretty sure Trundle lost most of his games.

Galio and Rumble weren't seen at all pretty much.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 10:41pm | Report
??? Lol.

Trundle owned today.

Galio was all over the place and continues to be.

Anyway, those are the champions I think a player should know for a given lane.

Singed is good top too. There are others those are just my favorites.
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 11:09pm | Report
The point isnt that these champs sucked in the tourney. Its that they were PICKED in the tourney meaning they are viable. Urgot = viable even. Evelynn is not viable. Twitch is not viable. shaco is not viable. I dont care how good a shaco player is, shaco is not a viable champ. Why?

Take reginald. The best shaco player there was or ever will be in my opinion. He never ever ever plays shaco anymore. Ever. Why? Because Regi is a purely competitive player and will remain that way forever.

Shaco's toolkit sets him up to **** on noobs. Does that make him "viable"? If you consider viable to be a champ that can noobstomp, then yes. If you think Viable means that the champ can stand up against coordinated, high elo teams, then no. Shaco is definitely not viable.

People are mistaking viable to mean "can it carry me to high elo in solo Q"

any freaking champ can do that. SorakaBot carried to #1 EU solo Q before Evelynn was considered OP.

In fact, before SorakaBot came along, Riot was damn near giving Evelynn a BUFF.

You can carry with any champ to high elo. That does not make them viable.

Notice how many High Elo players play shaco in solo queue OR premade 5s.
Gonna say none.

Heres my 30-40 viable champs:

Ranged AD: kog, vayne, ashe, caitlyn, mf, ezreal, tristana, urgot

Offtank Top lane: Jax, Chogath, Galio, Gangplank, Garen, Irelia, Maokai, Renekton, Pantheon, Rumble, Singed, Talon, Yorick

AP top lane: Kennen, Gragas, Ryze, akali

Mid: Brand, Anivia, Annie, Cass, Kass, Karthus, Morgana, Orianna, Swain, TF, Zilean

Jungle: Udyr, Warwick, Lee Sin, Nocturne, Nunu, Fiddlesticks, Amumu

Bot lane (support): Alistar, Janna, Soraka, Sona, Taric

That is 46 champions that are entirely viable.

Naturally, there are some that are borderline, such as Xin Zhao, Trundle, Poppy, Rammus, etc.

There are some non-viable picks e.g. Malphite, Skarner, Tryndamere, Katarina, Heimerdinger, etc.

More or less, about 55 champs are viable, depending on variables such as team comp and player strengths.

Galio is a very US champ, and seeing how there was really only one US champ at Guangzhou, its natural it wasnt seen much.

Trundle was IN games, which should say something about viability, regardless of how good or bad he did.

Rumble was banned in a lot of them. durr.

Ryze is niche, but with the right team entirely viable. Corki is viable, just outshone atm.

IEM players knew what they were doing. I promise you that all of the champs picked were either viable, fit the specific team comp, or the individual players skill on that champ was superior.

For instance, I would not consider Nidalee particularly viable, but because Hotshot has about 1000000000 games with her, she was banned.

Trundle is very niche atm, and relies on good team cc and a late game. But he is viable with those requirements.

Champs you saw repeatedly are, ofc, viable.
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 11:23pm | Report
I barely see anyone pick Ryze during competitive matches and when they do, they usually fail. He is really not that good, Duff.
Morgana es #1 but is often banned now, so Brand would obviously be the best choice for the mid lane.
The junglers you name aren't bad but I have seen more Nocturne's and Lee Sins, those two are probably the top competitive picks (not sure about the picks during the IEM Guangzhou, haven't seen a lot of that tournament :|).

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 11:44pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

I barely see anyone pick Ryze during competitive matches and when they do, they usually fail. He is really not that good, Duff.

Ryze is viable, he is like corki, in that he is good, but other characters fit team comps more easily or are just better in general.

Ryze isn't optimal, but you won't lose a game because you pick him.
Tri lane for life.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 12:19am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Ryze is like Garen, in a certain way. He is super strong early game, super strong mid game, but god knows how terrible he is late game, IMO.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
WaffleWarrior
<Member>
WaffleWarrior's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 12:24am | Report
Fox Rage wrote:

Ryze is like Garen, in a certain way. He is super strong early game, super strong mid game, but god knows how terrible he is late game, IMO.

Scarra is rocking ryze to the max right now. Cant really say hes bad after watching him.

Thanks for the amazing sigs Brynolf,JEFFY40HANDS, Katoki, and myself
Ruin Sage
<Member>
Ruin Sage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 1:47am | Report
IMO, Shaco is most useful as a hybrid. It means his jitbs still hurt and he can beat down towers like a boss. You will always be able to find uses for jitbs- people WILL go through the jungle, you just need to find a place they don't expect. You can also make yourself vulnerable by being alone and watching the enemy die when they come to gank you. A lot of what makes Shaco work is reading your opponents and playing against their particular style.
Strength may win the fight, but style wins the crowd.

+rep if you like what I say, explain why if you don't.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide