Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

PATCH NOTES - DISCUSS

Creator: Janitsu November 20, 2013 1:58pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 6:42pm | Report
I'm glad about that Gragas nerf, no more Gragas' 1 shotting my carries and running away with a 4s dash on max cdr.

Also I'm going to main AP Janna mid or permaban her, because 800 HP shields that buffs my top laner by 100+ AD is sooooo fun for the other team >____>
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 6:45pm | Report
i don't really get why you people are so obcessed with Annie support. Either way, what I see is scary-as-hell AP Jannas making their way to plat and everyone underestimating AP scaling mobility.

As requested to GMD himself.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 6:52pm | Report
*** NOO WHY

NIDALEE NERF FK

I GUESS NO MORE SPEAR JUMP BACK? D;
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 6:55pm | Report
Embracing wrote:
*** NOO WHY

NIDALEE NERF FK

because a spear with a longer range than a missile is ****in' jenious.

Sig made by Aquilegia
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 8:02pm | Report
also it totally made sense that Nidalee could flash backwards to do more damage without actually having to make an effort.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 9:05pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

i don't really get why you people are so obcessed with Annie support.

Because she's already a giant pain in the *** and now she's probably going to get a friggin' DFG and act as a second AP carry.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 9:17pm | Report
I'm not even sure what they could do to Nerf annie without severely crippling her.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 9:22pm | Report
SOAC Bas wrote:

The morgana change is stupid and promotes non-intuitive gameplay. It makes the game less strategic. I am jsut a bit upset because morgana finally became playable again haha.

It's a quality of life change, but nothing major, she still has the same problems she had before. I don't think this change suddenly makes her playable.

Pheyniex wrote:

because a spear with a longer range than a missile is ****in' jenious.

technically it didn't extend the range past max range. So unless you were at 1100 units and moved back to 1300 units it would affect it. But the damage multiplier still capped out for anything past 1500 units

Yea, Soraka and Taric have actually been massively buffed, if anything. Thresh got no changes. leona scales better.

The problem is Soraka's kit is still pretty weak, and I think her role as a support is much more dependent on the meta rather than her own strength. The only thing she provides is sustain, and sustain lanes are currently very weak. You can run a 2v1 against Soraka with virtually no consequence, so sure she got some nice buffs, but I'm not sure it will make her a strong pick unless she's gamebreaking.

I really don't see how anything they did to Taric can be considered a "massive buff". He got across the board AP ratio nerfs. Imbue changes are decent, but the ratio nerf and scaling off bonus health only affect his late game and hurt his early game. His Shatter base damage went down and no longer scales off AP, as tradeoff they gave him 10% additional scaling off the armor he builds as well as the armor shred now scales with his armor. Dazzle's ratio was halved and CD increased. Radiance ratio reduced and cooldown increased. Granted, his passive is significantly better, but I don't see how these are massive buffs. The increased the ratio or traded off power on virtually all of his spells, and ask yourself how likely it is that you are going to be auto attacking enemies? If pick-pocket was any indication, melee supports very rarely auto-attack, taric is no suddenly the exception. I haven't played him, so I'll actually have to play him and see how he feels, but just from looking at it on paper, alot of his power was simply traded off, and I'm not really sure that he made significant gains anywhere in his kit except for his passive
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 9:27pm | Report

I'm not even sure what they could do to Nerf annie without severely crippling her.

I feel like Tibbers is ridiculous in how much invisible power he brings. Godamn thing has 80 AD at level 6, deals 35+ DPS in an aura and is tanky to the point of unkillable in a 2v2 fight. Also, her stun duration is completely ******ed for being 625 range and targeted. It's worse than old Taric and pretty much means you're going to get hit by two skillshots and several autoattacks with no chance to do anything at all in response. Her autoattack range is also insanely high for no apparant reason.

I think those things could safely be nerfed without completely ruining mid Annie, because she generally goes full burst and doesn't really care about the pet or the stun duration since most of the time they're already dead.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 9:37pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

I really don't see how anything they did to Taric can be considered a "massive buff". He got across the board AP ratio nerfs. Imbue changes are decent, but the ratio nerf and scaling off bonus health only affect his late game and hurt his early game. His Shatter base damage went down and no longer scales off AP, as tradeoff they gave him 10% additional scaling off the armor he builds as well as the armor shred now scales with his armor. Dazzle's ratio was halved and CD increased. Radiance ratio reduced and cooldown increased. Granted, his passive is significantly better, but I don't see how these are massive buffs. The increased the ratio or traded off power on virtually all of his spells, and ask yourself how likely it is that you are going to be auto attacking enemies? If pick-pocket was any indication, melee supports very rarely auto-attack, taric is no suddenly the exception. I haven't played him, so I'll actually have to play him and see how he feels, but just from looking at it on paper, alot of his power was simply traded off, and I'm not really sure that he made significant gains anywhere in his kit except for his passive

Taric was massively buffed in my eyes because his itemization is now more cohesive and allows for him to try and get more autos in. The CD increases were that bad, and he won't miss the AP ratios (As a support). He is now far better suited for being a front liner or carry defender. His cooldowns become negligable due to his passive. With some CDR (I like Iceborn gauntlet on him) he can easily chain his combo with autos peppered in to get dazzle back in roughly 5 or less seconds. Not to mention, it affects ALL of his cooldowns, so it's kind of a Ryze-esque feel. Back to itemization though, the health scaling on his Q is pretty silly. I was running FotM and Sunfire cape and dishing out some serious heals.

Having played him quite a bit on PBE, I can definitely say he feels over 100x better than live Taric. But you are right in the regard that a lot of this doesnt at all help him in lane.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide