Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

PATCH NOTES - DISCUSS

Creator: Janitsu November 20, 2013 1:58pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Encross
<Member>
Encross's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 3:21pm | Report
Malin wrote:

I really do not like the new warding system. I personally think that knowing how and why to ward is a part of being a good/better player. Warding itself is full of tactics. Sure, people will find new ways to use the wards and there will still be tactics etc. but they're going to be limited and not as fun.

I'm not sure if i'm going to keep on playing after this, i feel like i'm gonna wake up to a totally different game tomorrow and it makes me really sad. I've been loving this game for almost 4 years but it just seems like the role i love to play is going to become something totally different.

Q_Q crylin

The way vision wars currently play out is ridiculous and completely lop-sided. Right now the path to victory is simple:

1) Get an early objective or kill.
2) Translate that into map dominance.
3) One of the supports is extremely unhappy while the other is spamming Oracle's Elixir and doesn't care.
4) Easily dismantle the enemy team as they desperately try to re-establish control of their own side of the map with what little gold their support can translate into wards. Remember - your other roles need actual items to combat the enemy team's gold advantage, so the support gets to eat **** and suck it up.
5) Success.

The game is dumb and snowbally in its current state. It's legitimately unfun to have entire games come down to a stupid battle over spammy and thoughtless vision that at the same time hamstrings 1/5 of the team's ability to genuinely enjoy the game. You either feel helpless or completely in control. There's no middle ground, and Riot's changes to vision are a step in the right direction to fixing that.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 3:22pm | Report
I didn't like the fact that any advantage the enemy gets by warding, there's literally no counterplay. I mean, they get ahead even a little bit and they start pinking everything. Now I can't ward, because I can't afford as many pinks, meaning I lose the vision war. They eventually buy Oracles and I'm just about to afford pink wards. No matter how it is, as a support, I lose the vision war instantly. And the moment you have to start turtling inside your base and you're unable to go out because you have no vision. You can't challenge the Baron easily without risking your entire team facechecking into a bait.

Warding as it is now is a complete no-brainer, honestly. It's not uncommon even in the World Championship to see one team having a completely lit-up map whilst the other team has one ward that the enemy failed to sweep and its location is of minimal importance.

The lack of counterplay is ridiculous.

I'm not entirely sure if the ward changes are going to make this any better, though.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 3:23pm | Report
Oh, Encross beat me to it. Damnit.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 3:47pm | Report
I was expecting huge boobs but there are none.

As requested to GMD himself.
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 4:14pm | Report
Lol annie now god tier champ.

Nerf all supports besides annie as you give them more gold.

Leave already strong champ same as all others are nerfed.

What you think will happen riot?
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 4:37pm | Report
i think if they only gave morgana the range indicator on her ult it would be good. at least show which champions are about to escape part 2.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
brkl789
<Member>
brkl789's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 5:26pm | Report
I really dislike those WotA changes..
+Rep is always welcome :3
Chech out my guides for Vayne, Syndra and Diana.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 5:28pm | Report
cooper56 wrote:

Lol annie now god tier champ.

Nerf all supports besides annie as you give them more gold.

Leave already strong champ same as all others are nerfed.

What you think will happen riot?

I don't see any Nami, Leona, Soraka, Taric, or Thresh nerfs. I don't think I would say that Janna or Lulu were really nerfed either. Zyra's still strong too, and will be even stronger with more gold.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 5:31pm | Report
brkl789 wrote:

I really dislike those WotA changes..

Vlad/Morde/etc. are getting their own selfish spellvamp item. Don't worry.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 5:34pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

I don't see any Nami, Leona, Soraka, Taric, or Thresh nerfs. I don't think I would say that Janna or Lulu were really nerfed either. Zyra's still strong too, and will be even stronger with more gold.

Yea, Soraka and Taric have actually been massively buffed, if anything. Thresh got no changes. leona scales better.

I have seen some pros on twitter complaining about Sona/Lulu/Nami though.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide