Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

PATCH NOTES - DISCUSS

Creator: Janitsu November 20, 2013 1:58pm
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2013 12:11pm | Report
The item itself is incredibly weak in terms of its stats.

Relic Shield - 50 health and 6 health regen is terrible for 365 gold. I know the execute is what makes it strong, but you're already subjecting yourself to a somewhat more passive lane than if you take say Doran's Blade. You wouldn't buy a Relic Shield on someone like Draven or against a Vayne or Kog'Maw. Those are champions you try to snowball against and shut down early; because while it does give you a pretty solid gold lead, you're never going to use that gold to outscale the enemy hypercarry. Nerfing the stats would probably make it too weak, nerfing it to melee only doesn't solve the issue of duo-top melee bruisers, nerfing the gold it gives or the healing it provides makes the execute obsolete. I really think they just need to make it unique to a lane. As in two can't go off within 30 seconds of each other or something. Or two in X-range of each other won't proc. That will solve the 2-1-2 lanes and the double Relic Shield bot lanes if the "melee only" doesn't already

Also Darcurse, maybe you have to repeat yourself constantly because you don't actually say anything of substance. If you're going to make an argument than make a ****ing argument. Don't just drop 1 line and expect everyone to understand what you're trying to say, because quite frankly you haven't said anything.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2013 12:57pm | Report
Has no one mentioned the bug in jungle since this patch?
Bug or intentional change.
When people leash, they tend to leash until the very end. But since the new jungle one uses Smite at 390 HP.
Sometimes when you do this and there are still peeps trying to leash, you get like no Exp for the kill. You get the buff, but very little Exp.
When this happens, I can farm the jungle all day long, all 4 members of my team can be AFK, and I'd still be the lowest in level.

This just happened for the second time now.
I've spammed jungler for over 14 games now, so I know the general flow of the game.
This is the second time I feel like I'm held behind.
Reaching lvl 6 waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past the 7 min mark, was the 9:30 mark this time.
All the while I'm doing the same as usual.
Haven't died, no pauze, continuous farming, yet it took me over 2 mins longer to reach lvl 6.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2013 1:05pm | Report
That's not a bug, buffs' xp gets split between everyone within a certain distance of it.
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2013 1:41pm | Report
Well why did they do that?
It's ruining low elo games, where people are like 5 months behind on patches.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2013 2:22pm | Report
tell them before hand to gtfo or just wait to smite it lol, hell if people wont leave and it goes under 200 hp i dont even smite it and just smite a small camp instead

also Darcurse ive answered that, so has Luther in his post

they nerfed the execute on ranged champions because a bot lane that started duo targon could instantly push the lane to the turret and hit level 2 incredibly fast AND since theyre ranged they can harass the other lane that happened to not start a targon under the turret BECAUSE THEY ARE RANGED

again if you really think im not getting it can you reword it? because what im getting is that you dont understand why the execute was nerfed, and as moon said the actual stats on it are terrible youre buying the targon line for the passive not for the stats

also in case no one saw the PBE changes for the jungler items theyre gonna help with sustain a lot and theyre removing bounty hunter from the spirit stone items and giving them all what golem has
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2013 4:02pm | Report
Just ask for a light leash. Start pinging like a maniac so people back away. You don't need as much leash anyways because you use smite at first buff this time around.

As for League of Targons, I watched xPeke and Cyanide run a Nidalee/ Garen duo bot and they pummeled decent opposition.
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2013 11:33pm | Report
It was odd though.
It felt like I wasn't leveling as fast as I should.
Had a game where I didn't connect until the game was 4 mins in and I caught up at lvl 11-12.
This game (as with the previous where it happened), I didn't catch up at all. I got pummeled but camps, they took longer to die. The entire game just felt slow and sluggish.

Might've been just me though.

But yeah, I'll be making sure peeps back off at 50% from now on......
Wonder why I didn't know about that shared xp thingy......
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2013 12:11am | Report
i dont know why you didnt either lol, ever notice why bot lane is a lower level than the solo lanes?
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2013 4:33am | Report
Yes, I know about xp sharing in lanes.
But since jungling is a solo role, I never noticed.
The only other times I didn't level at that first buff was when someone else got the buff. Thus I figured the one that got the kill, got the xp and the gold.
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2013 7:41am | Report
Here is hotfix should be live now or later today.

Junglers still suck they still get less gold than a duo targen and have less pressure and impact in game than s3.

Junglers were lied to with all s4 changes they are worse and being replaced by duo top.

Items

Relic Shield

UNIQUE Passive - Spoils of War
Charge rate increased to 60 seconds from 30 (remains 30 seconds for Targon's Brace and Face of the Mountain)
Execute now only works on melee basic attacks
Fixed a bug where Zac's Cell Division bloblets could be executed

Hunter's Machete, Spirit Stone, and Madred's Razors

UNIQUE Passive - Maim
Health return on hit increased to 5 from 3

Wriggle's Lantern

Combine cost reduced to 150 gold from 300 (total cost 1650 from 1800)

Bloodthirster

Fixed a bug where the combine cost was 650 gold instead of 850 (total cost is now back to 3200 gold from 3000)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide