Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

PBE, interesting new stuff

Creator: NicknameMy May 13, 2015 12:55pm
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2015 3:04pm | Report
I have no clue what you mean.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2015 3:11pm | Report
I'm going to have to go with Vyn on this one, not because the ability seems overpowered, (but it probably would be against assassins) but because there's like 1 blind in the game and we all detest it.

Basically MOBAFire.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2015 3:21pm | Report
The issue is that there's no way to dodge Radiance except just not being in the AoE. Similar to pre-rework Starcall. Quinn's blind is AoE, but it's a skillshot, so you can dodge it. Teemo's blind is targeted and cannot be dodged, but it only blinds one target.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2015 9:46am | Report
http://matchhistory.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/PBE1/52260364/710955

Yeah, that is how Gangplank support rocks. Look at the amount of gold compared to my team.^^ Also, the strategy of combining talisman of ascension, Turbo Chemtank and Raise Morale with Iceborn Gauntlet, Grog Soaked Blade and Cannon Barrage always ensures a movement speed advantage for the team, keeping the carry alive. And if a skillshot cc flies to your carry, guess what, blocked :D. And Gangplank is even more mobile with Black Cleaver, the bonus of Raise Morale and talisman of ascension, the Wanderer and Fleet of Foot mastery, Black Cleaver and Zz'Rot Portal near turrets.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2015 11:47am | Report
Are you insane? An AoE blind? that would be 100% broken.

I said short duration. How is an AoE blind worse than an AoE stun? At least if I'm blind I can still move and use spells, just not hit anything with autos. Quinn is not what I would describe as the epitome of broken and she sports an AoE blind.

The ability is called Radiance. What does radiance have to do with raising AP and AD? A blind and a slow (damn I can't see stumble stumble), would be more apropos given the name of the ability and it would give him more peel, which is where I (others may disagree) feel that he is lacking.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2015 2:01pm | Report
Blinds arnt fun because the person with the blind will normally win most trades and if taric has a point blank AoE blind and slow no one will want to engage on him post 6 because it will always end with the engaging team losing cuz they wont be able to do their damage which makes the bot lane a farmfest because taric can only engage when the jungler ganks or he gets a good stun and the enemy team wont engage because taric will just AoE blind them and theyll lose
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2015 2:08pm | Report
VexRoth wrote:
Quinn is not what I would describe as the epitome of broken and she sports an AoE blind.
I already stated the difference.
Quinn's blind is AoE, but it's a skillshot, so you can dodge it.
Similar to old Starcall's ability to apply AoE MR shred to any target within its range, a blind on Radiance would be a problem because the only counter-play to it is to simply not be in range, especially since Dazzle is a targeted stun. That's the same reason Shatter has ended up being kinda bad, because if it's any good it's inherently toxic due to the lack of counter-play to it. Remember the days when Taric was the uncontested king of supports and there was borderline nothing you could do about him? I do.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2015 2:35pm | Report
I already stated the difference.

And so you did, apologies for not reading ahead to see that after returning to comment.

Quinn's blind is AoE, but it's a skillshot, so you can dodge it.
Similar to old Starcall's ability to apply AoE MR shred, a blind on Radiance would be a problem because the only counterplay to it is to simply not be in range, especially since Dazzle is a targeted stun. That's the same reason Shatter has to be kinda bad, because if it's any good it's inherently toxic due to the lack of counterplay to it.

Counterplay against taric is walking out of his range. It is that way right now. You just don't stand near the guy or bother attacking him because he has **** ton of armor, does no damage, and he can only stun one person.

What about Monsoon? Counterplay on that is....spellshield. If you predict Janna using it. And that damn thing will stun you briefly if you happen to get pushed into a wall.

Not advocating adding something else that has limited counterplay, but blinds and slows mess you up, but don't leave you with no counterplay options. I'm thinking of it more like a flash bang grenade, not some continuous blind and slow aura. That would flipping really suck to play against.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2015 3:38pm | Report
the counterplay on monsoon is that she has to channel it to heal meaning shes a sitting duck if she chooses to heal and the enemy champions are blown away from you so you cant really fight them(which is a good thing its meant for disengage), in what youre suggesting for taric theyll be blind and slowed so they cant fight you but you can fight them
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2015 3:46pm | Report
VexRoth wrote:
Counterplay against taric is walking out of his range.
The same was true of old Starcall, that didn't make it any less toxic.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide