Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Percentage kill system!!!

Creator: MrCuddowls July 31, 2012 9:27am
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 3:09pm | Report

I have a few tips for you. :P

1. I would strongly suggest going into options and enabling smart cast. This will make your skills faster, and easier to cast. It turns spells from 2 clicks into one click.
Example, currently, in order to cast Annie's Q spell, you have to press Q, hover your mouse over your target, and then left click. With smart cast enabled, you simply have to hover over your target, and press Q. The only downside is the game will not tell you your range, but you'll get used to all your exact ranges.

2. Work on CSing when under turret. If done properly, you can use the turret to secure cs, same as minions, but you have to learn how. Also, just CSing in general. You seem decent at last hitting, but I noticed a lot of minions, that you weren't even trying to go for. A good starting goal, would be getting 100 cs within 15 minutes. After you achieve this, push for higher amounts, however, don't be unreasonable. 100 cs per 10 mins is pretty much the best that's gonna be possible, so aiming for something better than that is absurd.

3. I would disable the useless area of the HUD, and maybe downscale it a bit as well, this will give you more vision.

4. Take Ignite. Ignite and Flash is the ideal choice for almost all burst mages. It will benefit you a lot more than heal will, and will allow you to be more aggressive.

5. PUNISH YOUR ENEMIES. Every opportunity you can, you should punish your enemy as hard as you can. For example, at 6:08 in your video, instead of casting Q on a minion, you could have flashed, stunned, and killed Ashe. She wandered into your zone with low health, you should have capitalized on this, and killed her.

6. Don't underestimate your enemy. If she was playing properly, at 7:30, Ashe WOULD have killed you. You should always expect your enemy to play extremely well, you won't get careless that way. In this situation it didn't matter, because you got away, but you should be prepared for things like this.

7. Communicate better. I agree that your team shouldn't be in your lane, but they had just ganked for you, and maybe thought you wanted to push the tower. Instead of saying LEAVE, try saying something like 'Thank you for the gank, but please let me farm, I don't want to push tower just yet'. People would rather listen to someone who is working with them, rather than ordering them around. Also, if your team starts fighting, your chances of winning are drastically reduced.

8. Know when to B. You shouldn't always wait until you have to, to go back. If you can buy a good item, or you're low on mana, even if your lane is pushed, you should think about going back to base. Staying in lane with no mana, or items isn't worth it, if you go back you miss out on a few cs, but if you stay you miss out on A LOT of cs, due to not having any mana. Additionally, you could buy items, and start snowballing your lane for kills. Also, if Ashe had built properly, she would have killed you because you didn't B, and she'd have had a huge item advantage, regardless of whether or not you had more gold.

In all of this, I'm not trying to be rude, or anything, I'm simply offering advice. Also, I noticed how often you were insulting the enemy team. Whether you typed it or not, that's still a bad attitude to have. I'm sure you have had bad games as well, (everyone has) try not to be that guy.

This actually made realize a lot of stuff i did wrong
Thanks for the tip about smart casting but i dont feel like it will benefit me a lot
I think it will be more likley to make me hit the wrong target rather than hit the target i want to hit
I did skip out on a lot of minion kills and that is something i do sometimes but this times it was a lot more prominent because i was also focusing on commentary so it was harder to such a thing.

I will be desabling the large hud,
It gets in the way when im in the top half of the map, i cant see anything under it

Im still Hesitant about going for the kill in such a situation, there were a lot of minions and i was low health, i do have the advantage of being a nuke but i guess you could say i chickened out

The stuff you said about recalling is somewhat counter intuitive
i had always thought that the longer you stay in lane the more cs you will

I COULD have bought some of my stuff and Snowballed the lane like crazy but i didnt
i don't know why but i didn't.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 3:18pm | Report
Crows foot wrote:

To Original Poster: why is ks bad?

seems like an unecessary philosophical question, but rethoric will serve this well...

do you enjoy (think it's fair/healthy/civilized) when someone just hangs around while you deal "tons of damage", try your hardest, and then that guy decides to take action in last minute to get the kill when you could do the job, especially when it's obvious to them?

ANYWAY...

this is bad if you want to keep the meta. If you want to change the meta, this could be done, forcing supports or whoever is not leveling/buying at same rate to keep up or be an even bigger liability.
i think there is plenty to discuss here.

the last instance of atributuing the kill should still be to someone in the team. there will hardly be excalty 2 equal numbers in damage dealt. however, not atributing the kills to someone, but doing it for the team is wierd, to say the least.
you could use other data the game gathers like total damage dealt, turrets destroyed, healing done, gold earned or other variables like consumables bought.

Sig made by Hogopogo
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 3:31pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

seems like an unecessary philosophical question, but rethoric will serve this well...

do you enjoy (think it's fair/healthy/civilized) when someone just hangs around while you deal "tons of damage", try your hardest, and then that guy decides to take action in last minute to get the kill when you could do the job, especially when it's obvious to them?

ANYWAY...

this is bad if you want to keep the meta. If you want to change the meta, this could be done, forcing supports or whoever is not leveling/buying at same rate to keep up or be an even bigger liability.
i think there is plenty to discuss here.

the last instance of atributuing the kill should still be to someone in the team. there will hardly be excalty 2 equal numbers in damage dealt. however, not atributing the kills to someone, but doing it for the team is wierd, to say the least.
you could use other data the game gathers like total damage dealt, turrets destroyed, healing done, gold earned or other variables like consumables bought.

While you do have the correct definition
You don't understand the joke the guy is making
He is saying it assuming i mean Kill Secured
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 3:34pm | Report
@Syther, Yea, and Barb is a pretty good player but he's still only at 165 wins...imagine playing against even more experienced players and people with an Elo.

AND ya def. don't do ranked for at least a few months, lol, you won't regret it.

And ya, a lot of things wrong in the video. Let me list a few in order as I see them:

1. you take heal mid; generally most mids take ingite to increase their combo burst potential, also ignite counters heal due to the healing reduction.
2. you don't smartcast (not necessarily a bad thing, since a lot of people don't, but you should try binding certain spells to smartcast, ESPECIALLY with Annie -- it lets you get off combos and skillshots much quicker)
3. you're missing a LOT of cs, you are standing back far and walking around and not focusing on last hitting and harassing; generally, the standard for any carry CS is around 100 at 12 minutes, you can hit around 100 in 10 if you take wraiths during downtime in mid as well.
4. one thing you should do on annie is learn your W first and charge up your stun in your base so you have a stun when you come to lane, can be useful for invades/getting ganked/setting up ganks.
5. you should try ctrl + q/w/e/r to learn you spells instead of clicking on them, the time you spend clicking on them can throw you off, when you look at the +, etc.; and esp. if you just level up to 6 and can fight someone, the .5 seconds or so it can take to level by clicking can mean the difference between life or death. it's really very helpful :D
6. ghost SHOULDN'T be a common spell on ashe, lol; people think so because she has a slow so you can keep up with your target, but you still need flash since you are an AD that gets focused and flashing over walls and out of ults will save you, not ghost; also phantom dancer is more than enough movespeed for her. and don't get boots of swiftness on her pls ><
7. you generally wanna save your stun for tibbers combo on annie, if you lead with tibbers, especially on multiple people (since it's an AoE spell, and an AoE stun as a result), the passive tibbers damage will keep on ticking and you can get your Q and W off and ignite off as well during the time that they are stunned.
8. even though you shouldn't be taking heal, if you do, try to save it to bait the enemy into thinking you are a free kill; it often doesn't work in higher level play but at your level it should; I noticed at around 6:18 you just used it when she was backing off anyway, when you coulda just chugged some potions, gone B, etc, and not use up your high cool down summoner. If a summoner doesn't save you or net you a kill, it generally isn't worth it to use. (CV is an exception ofc, lol)
9. I don't know what you're talking about, but I enjoy a lot of the new champions more than the older ones, lol. And flourishes means grows o_O not sure where you were trying to go with that word lol
10. Are you using LoLRecorder? If not, you should try frapsing your LoL replay to make videos; it seems that this was live, and frapsing it or streaming it will make you lag a bit; however it seems that only your ping display is increased because I don't actually notice much lag in the game; I could be wrong though.
11. Basically, once you ticked 6, you had enough power to instakill Ashe there...she was so low HP and even though you were too, charge your stun up, flash in her face, and just R Q W her and she would have died 100%. This could have happened anywhere from like 6-10 min lol.
12. If that ashe is so stupid, why aren't you totally owning her?
13. Like I mentioned before, 9 minutes in you have under 30 CS and you say it is pretty good; it is HORRIBLE, lol. Work on that :3 should have at least 80 by that point.
14. jk at 9 min in your ping is horrible lol; don't live fraps it, if anything use xsplit and local record it, or else use LoL replay and cast the game after you play it; latency is a very important factor and can **** you over real hard.
15. for your framerate, it could just be fraps, but try disabling Vsynch and making it benchmark FPS in the video settings, you should see an increase; it is probably set to cap at 30, but if your computer can fraps record that well you should be getting around 100 FPS (I could be wrong, would need to see your CPU and GPU)
16. OH GOSH THAT FIRST TIBBERS ULT D; try to have stun up with tibbers and try to actually land it, altho I understand you were lagging, that was still really off though lol. If you didn't know, you can ctrl + right click to move tibbers, or click R repeatedly to move him around. He does a very nice damage aura and can tank some damage, so you don't want to leave him sitting after you summon him for the initial burst.
17. btw so far these first 16 things were only up to 10:00 in the video LOL. OK, part 2:
18. If you have a jungler, you should ask him for 2nd blue when you are mid, blue helps a lot on mid champions, even if you don't have a mana pool (altho if the jungler does have a mana pool and you don't, let him take it unless he's doing terribly)
19. You keep saying Ashe is stupid and her CS is worthless since she isn't doing damage; yet she is freely harassing you and bringing you to low HP without you being able to trade with her due to her range, and she is doing quite a bit of damage to you. It isn't going to make you do better to belittle your opponents, notice their strong and weak points and try to work off of that.
20. At 11:50, KILL HER! You have ult and stun up! You could kill her with all your spells up even when she is full HP, let alone a few bars!
21. Just going back on the CS topic, especially with Annie, try to last hit as much as you can with your Q to get up a lot of stun charges; you don't always have to obviously, but when you can try to...if you don't last hit with it though you're just wasting mana. If you are having trouble last hitting, with Annie, you can also use your AoE clear (W) on low health creeps to pick up quite a few; a lot of champions, espcially AP mids, have AoE clears.
22. "I'm seeing a lot more Ashe mid these days" LOL that just made me rofl
23. LOL YOU CALLED RE ON HER WHEN SHE GOT KILLED; "re" is shorthand for return, if she died, no need to call re :P
24. Calling MIAs IS important, especially at your level, but what you will notice at a higher level of play is people warding and noticing when ganks are going to occur; still a good idea to call mia though, so people get a heads up. so gj there
25. @15:20 you say the right thing: you can combo her full to nothing.
THEN WHY DON'T YOU? D:!
26. but ya that ashe is kinda hillarious; but she shouldn't be building MR past mercs, she should be getting DAMAGE and not swiftness boots lol
27. @16:15 you shouldn't have healed, you had her.
28. wtf do you mean playing impulsively? wtf
29. One big thing is you HAVE TO RECALL TO BUY ITEMS LOL. You take your early advantage and toss it out the window if you don't buy items -- you will be stronger if you leave the lane, lose some CS, but then get items (you coulda went b and gotten a straight deathcap, a RoA which takes time to get to its max potential, boots, 2 dorans, etc.; but instead you stayed with low HP and deal hardly any damage). you're lucky that ashe had no flipping clue what she was doing, but she still had [terrible] itemization over you; you still couldn't full to nothing her though. If you went b and bought items, you could. The carries deal damage, and if you don't buy that damage, you become more and more useless.
30. I wish you finished your sentences instead of just laughing at Ashe so I can see what's so funny about what she bought. She's stacking attack speed without damage, which is terrible, but at least she has ITEMS LOL.
31. When Vayne came, you should have done something, even your presence without much mana could have scared her away, but instead you let her get a free kill.
32. OMG YOU KEEP TYPING LEAVE LOL. Just use your V ping (retreat) but don't spam it lol
33. Why didn't you do anything, means when Vayne "ganked" and died, and you didn't react. She shouldn't have come in though, lol.
34. If you are OOM and no items, ESP WHEN ASHE ISN'T THERE, GO BACK FFS OMG LSDODSIIFKKLFJIGKLJ
35. what do you mean is ww starving her...???
36. 20 min in "this ashe no items nothing", while you LITERALLY HAVE 0 ITEMS LOL
37. You never used your E, which, as mentioned previously, mitigates a lot of damage, even deals a nice chunk, and costs hardly anything; also a free charge for your stun!
38. and lol they surrendered

See, this is a list of ~40 things you did wrong in a 20 minute game you claim you did really well. You didn't buy ONCE ffs! D: remember, this isn't ARAM, you can recall before you die!

I hope you read my criticism and try to improve, in time you will learn and get better ^^

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 3:46pm | Report
@Phey, what on earth are you talking about...

and no, crows isn't joking, as mentioned over the last 9 pages, KSing is not really existent, especially at higher levels of play, and as Psi and I mentioned, is used to give prominent players an advantage.

@Cudd,

when you smartcast, it is still easy to hit your right target, you have to hover right on top of it like you would anyway with normal casting; if you want, normal cast to get used to the range of a new champ the first 2 or 3 games, then smartcast; try smartcasting, it WILL help you, you WILL hit the right target, and you'll notice a definite improvement.

"The stuff you said about recalling is somewhat counter intuitive
i had always thought that the longer you stay in lane the more cs you will"

No, If you never go B, as I and others mentioned previously, you lose your advantage; plus keep in mind creeps get stronger, and your Q and W will be dealing a lot less damage to them; if you went B and got some AP with annie, not only would you be doing better vs ashe, but would also have an easier time last hitting and AoE clearing with your spells;

also, since you are doing pretty terribly at CSing at the moment, which will improve over time, how much cs will you miss by going B anyway? 2? 3? At higher levels you can miss 10-15, but not for you yet...even then, however, it is still worth it.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 5:01pm | Report
Is it weird that what bothered me most about this entire thread is that people keep saying "your" instead of "you're"? It's really bothering me.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 5:15pm | Report
MyRepublic wrote:

Is it weird that what bothered me most about this entire thread is that people keep saying "your" instead of "you're"? It's really bothering me.

You know what really bothers me
you being of topic
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 5:21pm | Report
Let me be more on topic then. Listen to wrath. Usually if he says something you can take it as true. In the rare occasion that it isn't you'll just have to forgive him.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 5:34pm | Report
Republic, your so off topic!

CWUTIDIDTHERE!? :D
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 5:39pm | Report