Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Picking a main champion for ranked

Creator: Wayne3100 November 16, 2013 12:03pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
What is most important in picking a main champ for ranked?
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2013 10:57am | Report
The most important part is fun. Then, if you play a rather unorthodox champ style, you should know techniques nobody else uses, so you can abuse this. And through that, you gain even more fun, because suddenly you are called OP on an UP champ.

Best example, my most fabulous jungle Taric.
He is gonna kill you!!!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2013 2:18pm | Report
lol, play Riven. She seems to be so good at everything. Top, mid, jungle - maybe even support?

I disagree with the "play a champ you have fun playing". I have heaps of fun playing Karma and Nidalee support, but I've rarely ever won a game with them, let alone attempting a ranked game with those picks =.=
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2013 2:32pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

The most important part is fun. Then, if you play a rather unorthodox champ style, you should know techniques nobody else uses, so you can abuse this. And through that, you gain even more fun, because suddenly you are called OP on an UP champ.

Best example, my most fabulous jungle Taric.

You aren't even trying to hide your arrogance anymore, are you?
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2013 2:36pm | Report
Correct, Jhoi

Typically, all of you saying fun is the most important part haven't climbed very high. And if you don't care about climbing, then go have fun.

The most important part of climbing is playing the best champ for your role. Jax top carries harder than fiora. Karma mid carries harder than brand. Sivir carries harder than Kog'Maw.

I see a lot of people picking garbage at lower elo (Yi jungle, Akali mid, Voli jungle)

Easiest way to climb elo is learn and pick nothing but tier 1. Here's some champions to main:
mid; Fizz Kassadin
top; Shen Jax Renekton
jungle; Jarvan IV
adc; Sivir Caitlyn
support; Leona Janna

These champs are all easy. They take practically no skill. find champs that take no skill and are t1 and spam them into good matchups. GGWP
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2013 2:39pm | Report
I think you misread my post (unless you're agree with me?). To be clear, I said that "playing a fun champion" isn't a good idea, especially as I consider Nidalee support fun, but in my experience, she's not viable.

I'm interested why you say Janna though.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2013 2:40pm | Report
It's the OP mode AD steroid shield.
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2013 3:09pm | Report
Throatslasher is 100% correct and handsome. Though Fizz is no longer OP and Jarvan isn't tier 1 anymore either. Olaf/Shy/Eve jungle are all very easy and strong ATM. Pick garbage and then QQ when you win your lane but can't carry and you lose the game because you're playing Garen. Makes sense.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2013 3:11pm | Report
lol the bromance is strong as always XD

utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2013 3:35pm | Report
I guess throatslasher is kinda right. Having fun and screwing around is for normal games; Ranked games is all srs business!
Playing strong champions well, is likely the most important factor in one's success in ranked.

man, writing that out seemed so painfully obvious, but people can forget this sometimes. Just look at gameplay pics in the QQ thread, or people's ELO journey, and you'll see lengthy slideshow of people's ignorance.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2013 3:35pm | Report
Honestly, it all only makes sense if you don't care about having fun. Which is a paradox to me, since playing games is always about having fun.

Rules for me are: champion is not trash, you have fun with it, you can win games with it. Just spamming tier 1 for the sake of winning sucks the fun out of the experience.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide