Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Poppy Rework discussion

Creator: throatslasher November 24, 2015 6:00pm
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 8:28am | Report
MungoGeri wrote:
But it's easier to have you do all the work. Seriously, I wouldn't have thought of Tristana's jump as a dash, so the situation is not as clear as it may seem.

If you're instantly moved from A to B without seeing the entire movement animation (Shaco's Deceive, Ezreal's Arcane Shift, Flash, Kassadin's Riftwalk) that is a blink.

If you see the movement through the animation ( Quickdraw, jumps, Fizz' Q, Diana's ult, Ahri's ult, Lee Sin's W, Xin's E, etc etc etc) then it's a dash
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 9:37am | Report
Sarixis wrote:
Overall I like that her kit isn't an overloaded mess like what the majority of new champions get. Design-wise it's pretty straight-forward, feels fun to use, and has decent numbers atm.
This. It's a decent kit which, when compared with the previous one, makes it stand as a great rework.

They took the cluster**** it was before and updated it, only "losing" her ult, which is a cluster**** by itself. The new Q might be bland, but the old one was even worse, and it's not that bad to have one bland ability in the kit. The new ult is interesting, unique and with a sensible skill ladder (lots of space to do it better, but easy to use in the first game) without being a forced minigame. The old one was so focused in the "little ball of hate" fantasy that it felt awful to play against and didn't have a clear optimisation pattern. It was forever doomed to either not work or be broken and I'm glad Rito had the balls to take it away.

I like the general direction on the visuals/character side, although I agree that the in-game model looks odd (dat arrowhead jawline) and some VO lines are too forced. I didn't know it was the first one with facial expressions. Some stuff looked cool, especially for a first time, although I would have to confirm that in-game. The uncanny valley is hard to avoid when working with 3D models in games, even more so if it's a non-human antropomorphic model, so I can't judge it too hard. I really hope they fix some stuff there though.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 9:42am | Report
Also, on a side note, I really liked the way they handled the lollipoppy memes. If they didn't include a reference, it would have been lackluster, but keeping the creepy effect on her would have been counterproductive to the whole idea of the rework. Fortunately they found a sweet middle ground to creep us out in a subtle way.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 11:31am | Report
I thought Rengar had facial expressions as well, I always see his mouth moving when talking. Am I seeing things?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 1:13pm | Report
His mouth moves when he says some lines but he has no expressions. Poppy's face actually expresses emotion. It's pretty weird looking. Uncanny valley.
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 1:31pm | Report
Her W seems interesting considering Lee Sin, Leblanc, Ahri, Azir, Diana, Graves, Shen, Maybe nocturne? Her W will jack up 20% of the cast.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 1:36pm | Report
I think that her q, despite being basic is a solid ability with just enough uniqueness to not be a big deal (graves and vel'koz are the only similarities i can think of)

an ability doesn't have to be 1 of a kind for it to make a champion unique and fun.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 1:40pm | Report
I think that her q, despite being basic is a solid ability with just enough uniqueness to not be a big deal (graves and vel'koz are the only similarities i can think of)

an ability doesn't have to be 1 of a kind for it to make a champion unique and fun.

I disagree strongly. If a champ has nothing unique or interesting, she's not unique. Hence bland *****tain new Karma (still salty about this one). And the fact that she's just a mage makes her less fun.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 1:42pm | Report
Her W seems interesting considering Lee Sin, Leblanc, Ahri, Azir, Diana, Graves, Shen, Maybe nocturne? Her W will jack up 20% of the cast.

Vayne ults and then Poppy stops her from tumbling...
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 1:56pm | Report
Kalista, nuff said.

Passive is fine, just the interaction with Iceborn Gauntlet+ Dead Man's Plate seems a bit strong for such a champion.

I feel like her Q should deal damage in an area of 1 Teemo around her plus the current "range". First, this would with " Poppy" and second, it makes the spell way more consistant and doesn't allow enemies to super easily dodge it even by walking through Poppy.

Her W feels a bit to strong if used well, I mean, if that is around, nearly nothing can happen to a well positioned ADC.

Her E got a lot stronger as well, demn permastuns in the jungle.

And her R? Intitation and Disengage in one? What else could you want! High damage? As well into it!
He is gonna kill you!!!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide