Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Super big Patch hit PBE

Creator: NicknameMy November 1, 2013 2:14am
1 2 3 4 5
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 2:14am | Report
http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/26226-unofficial-pbe-patch-notes-for-10-31-2013-nasus-vu

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Emptylord/PBE_Status

New items, new masteries, new jungle, etc, etc, etc...

The new season is coming.

The most important change for me is obviously this:

Taric

Gemcraft
New Passive: After using an ability, Taric's next basic attack deals (40% armor) as bonus magic damage and reduces his ability cooldowns by 2 seconds.
Imbue
Cooldown lowered to 18 / 17 / 16 / 15 / 14 from 20 / 19 / 18 / 17 / 16.
Cost lowered to 60 / 80 / 100 / 120 / 140 from 80 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140.
AP ratio lowered to 30% from 60%.
Added (+5% Taric's bonus health) scaling.
Cooldown reduction on autoattacks removed (moved to passive).
Shatter
Damage changed to 40 / 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 (+50% armor) from 50 / 90 / 130 / 170 / 210 (+60% AP)(+20% armor).
Dazzle
AP ratio lowered to 20-40% from 40-80%.
Cooldown increased 18 / 17 / 16 / 15 / 14 from 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 / 10.
Radiance
AP ratio lowered to 50% from 70%.
Cooldown increased to 75 seconds from 60 seconds.

Taric jungle is now really really strong! And finally, I can drop all dat mana.

And also, finally, Wards are limited, something I mentioned already in S1 to happen. The Vision Ward change is great aswell. And no longer ******* oracle. (Okay, there is something different which is way better)
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 2:34am | Report
I didn't read much of it, but I love the biscuiteer tweak.

Idk why but this just seemed really exciting even though it's incredibly minor.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 2:36am | Report
This is only the first part of the patch at PBE, masteries, runes and I would say even more is still missing.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 3:07am | Report
Still for not being all of the changes for season 4 there sure are a lot of them.
Sig by R4GE
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 5:33am | Report
Dunno how I feel about that Taric change... I had my bruiser build just the way I wanted it. Meh.

He's now forced into buying armor, which is somewhat good because being forced into buying mana wasn't so hot either. But mana gem dude worked against any team comp, whereas now he will suck going against heavy AP, because he needs tons of armor to be effective.
His itemization needs seem funky...
He needs armor to make passive and W work.
He needs AP for everything else but his ratios are poor (but base is decent) so he can't really burst.
He's melee and gets AD+AP from ulti so you should get some AS as well.
Armor > MPen > AS > AP?
I'm looking at Iceborn Gauntlet as core probably. Seems like his passive was made for this item. He needs an Armor version of Wit's End, honestly.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 7:28am | Report
His heal now scales with maximum HP, which makes Sunfire Aegis and Randuin's Omen very effective. Combined with Spirit Visage, you will heal yourself for a super big amount. Now the question is, Thornmail or Iceborn Gauntlet. Thornmail gives that super cheap 100 armor and Iceborn Gauntlet the passive.

At the end, you will reach around 400 armor and a 45 armor aura with 3,5k HP.

He doesn't profit that much from AS anymore, as the AD from his ulti is for him basically worthless and the passive only works after an ability.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 7:36am | Report
There will be absolutely no point in jungling him. His clear already sucked and they nerfed the base damage on Shatter, AGAIN. And his bonus magic damage is now only on skill use instead of just every attack. These changes actually suck major D, and I don't expect anyone attempting to support with him either. ****ty damage, gets harassed easily, ****ty mana management, a godawful passive he likely cant even utilize in lane.

Riot needs to just leave Taric alone or give him a full rework.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 7:49am | Report

There will be absolutely no point in jungling him. His clear already sucked and they nerfed the base damage on Shatter, AGAIN. And his bonus magic damage is now only on skill use instead of just every attack. These changes actually suck major D, and I don't expect anyone attempting to support with him either. ****ty damage, gets harassed easily, ****ty mana management, a godawful passive he likely cant even utilize in lane.

Riot needs to just leave Taric alone or give him a full rework.

they buffed his shatter damage at level 1 since you'll likely want into the jungle with 40-50ish armor, far more than the ap you would normally have.

utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 8:23am | Report
luizdeh brings up an interesting point.
In S4, riot wanted a lot of the supports to not be locked into one buildpath, especially with some of the peculiar changes that are being thrown around with supports & AP ratios.

It seems like taric is the odd one out, in that he kinda needs to itemize armor in order to really be effective - whereas other supports (like, janna) may be able to itemize AP OR CDR.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 8:24am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

they buffed his shatter damage at level 1 since you'll likely want into the jungle with 40-50ish armor, far more than the ap you would normally have.

So, you go into the jungle with 40 armor and lv1 Shatter, k? You now do 60 magic damage every 10 seconds, you now have 30 armor instead but you deal more damage for 4 seconds. Doesn't seem effective.
EDIT: forgot about the other part of the passive. AA immediately after W makes it go every 8 seconds, even less so when you start levelling up. Might be doable. At 40% CDR, you can more or less chain skills, seeing that Shatter should be at a 6 sec CD, 4 sec after AA with passive, 2 sec after Q or E, and be up again after that. This also makes Iceborn Gauntlet a must have, due to AA buff, mana for spammage, CDR and armor.

@NicknameMy: His heal has 5% bonus health scaling, which honestly makes for a huge investment in HP but the return is decent. You get Randuin's Omen, Sunfire Aegis and Spirit Visage and heal for something like 345 HP. Discounting masteries and runes which boost it even more.

But IMO, he's gonna need just too many stats to do anything other than being a pain in the *** for AD champs. The more I think about it the less I like it. It's like they're trying to enforce him to go absolute meat shield/aura bot that deals weirdly mixed damage...

Also, I didn't include CDR in my stats because it's a given. His AA is enhanced per ability use, so he needs to be spammy. Just one more stat to make him work. Nevertheless, gonna try him top lane for sure. Hey, I keep running Olaf and other ****, why not be fabulous sometimes?

Also, Trinity Force+full tank Pink Taric. If you see me, run... laughing.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide