Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

TL;DR Diffenreces of Diamond - Platinum - Gold ?

Creator: Joxuu June 28, 2013 1:53pm
1 2 3 4
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 1:53pm | Report
Help me out here guys.

I've been watching streams, watching gameplays in my ranked games and youtube videos. I've been trying to figure out what can I still do better and what is the difference of me and players above me.

I have found few minor things, maybe I don't want to see flaws in me or I just can't spot anything, propably second opinion could tell more, but speaking generally here: What is the difference of;

1. Diamond and Platinum ?
2. Platinum and Gold ?

I won't go down on lower elos, because there are enough shizzle going in silver and bronze (No offense,
I don't mean that it's bad to be there, but there's enough threads and discussion around it)

Differences of gameplay I have spotted so far is; Adjusting to changes and team select, Overextending/overcommitting, playing safe, vision, underestimating your opponents, getting caught.

^ but are those really the differences ? OPINIONS! I'd like to hear especially people who have gone that journey from Gold to Diamond, but of course it's free-topic.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 2:00pm | Report
so i guess we can all agree that gold+ players have close to perfect cs. other than that, i guess it is basically what you already said.the higher players are the less mistakes they make. also the knowledge of the game gets better(by that i mean being able to quickly tell who will win a fight and acting accordingly for the most part).

also the higher you get the better your teammates get, so you can count on them.
also the decisionmaking of everyone gets better, so you have less discussion about what to do(if there even is discussion).

edit: note that i have no high elo experience(you did not include challenger, and because i got there instantly i obviously can't tell how it is down in noob diamond league and below :P :D )
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 2:07pm | Report
Just a quick comment while waiting for the next inhouse to start, IMO the only difference between plat/gold = decision making
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 3:30pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Just a quick comment while waiting for the next inhouse to start, IMO the only difference between plat/gold = division making

Did you mean decision making?
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 3:40pm | Report
Wooops, fixd
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 4:44pm | Report
Map awareness/Desicion making

Its incredible to see the amount of throws at silver lvl...
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 4:56pm | Report
Mechanics

How well they handle/read situations

Knowledge

:p
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 5:10pm | Report
being an *** and getting away with it.

Sig made by Tamy
Encross
<Member>
Encross's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 5:28pm | Report
General skill and understanding of the game. You simply get better the higher you go, and that encompasses everything from mechanical ability to game sense.

You consistently see Diamonds winning their lane against lower ELO because they've put the work into breaking this game down to a textbook level. You forego emotions and simply play to win. If you lose, you know why you lost - whether that's on your team or yourself is up to how the game played out.
A Little Laura
<Member>
A Little Laura's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 5:44pm | Report
Gold to plat, there's a small jump in decision making and overall skill level. People are more confident in their skills and ability.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide