Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Topic of the Week - The Least Played Champion

Creator: Mowen April 16, 2013 2:54pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 8:40am | Report
I'm not seeing the fiddle ult comparison other than the AoE part. Fiddle ult is a murder crow storm that does damage and nothing else. Galio's ult is SUPPOSED to be an AoE lockdown.
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 8:42am | Report
It's more about how worthless it is due to having to burn flash to get off a decent ult. Imagine if Fiddle doesn't teleport after he channels it; he'd be a terrible champion.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 8:43am | Report
True, he definitely could use the idea I threw out for his ult. Plus I think it would look epic as hell. ^^
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 8:44am | Report
Satella wrote:

It's more about how worthless it is due to having to burn flash to get off a decent ult. Imagine if Fiddle doesn't teleport after he channels it; he'd be a terrible champion.

I thought he was xD

Nah but he be pretty bad
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 8:45am | Report

I'm not seeing the fiddle ult comparison other than the AoE part. Fiddle ult is a murder crow storm that does damage and nothing else. Galio's ult is SUPPOSED to be an AoE lockdown.

It's not about that it's about adding no gap-closer to an ultimate in a kit that has no gap-closer. Fiddlesticks is exactly the same. He has no gap-closer so his ult became one.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 8:57am | Report
What is they didn't change the ultimate, but the rest of the abilities, like this:

Righteous Gust
ACTIVE: Galio unleashes a gust of magical wind that deals magic damage to all enemies in its path. A directional draft remains for 5 seconds, increasing the movement speed of allies passing through it.
If a target is Bulwarked, the target will have the double amount of movement speed from this spell.

If this would change, he could cast Bulwark on himself, and go superfast in the enemy team :D
Change is gooooood
Picture by: VirusNG1
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 9:25am | Report
Ok guys, so I thought up a rework for Galio (I'm very bored.) So here it is;

Runic Defender:
Allies near Galio enjoy bonus armor and magic resistance. Additionally, Galio is healed for 5% of any damage that is dealt to nearby allies.
Bonus Armor and MR: 5/15/25
Aura Range: 800

Resolute Smite:
Unchanged mechanically; mana costs reduced by 10 at all ranks.

Bulwark:
Galio shields an allied champion for 4 seconds, giving them increased armor equal to three times the bonus from Galio's passive, (does not stack with the passive) and tripling the healing effect from Galio's passive. Additionally 10/20/30/40/50% of any damage taken by this ally is redirected to Galio himself. Galio can no longer shield himself. The healing from Galio's passive happens before the damage is redirected to him, and thus isn't mitigated by the damage redirection.
Cost: 50
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Range: 800

Righteous Gust:
Passive: Galio's basic attacks deal bonus magical damage to nearby enemies. Every 5th attack is a Windborn Smash which deals even more damage and knocks enemies back slightly.
Bonus magical damage on hit: 15/30/45/60/75 (+.5 AP Ratio)
Windborn Smash damage: 50/75/100/125/150 (+.7 AP Ratio)

Active: Galio unleashes magical gusts of wind as he flies for 5 seconds, increasing his movement speed by 20/28/36/44/52% and leaving behind a draft in his path that increases the speed of his allies by half of the amount.
Cost: 75 at all ranks.
Cooldown: 12 seconds

Idol of Durand:
Galio swoops forward and crashes down at a target location, dealing magical damage. He then turns to stone, taunting any enemies nearby, channeling for 2 seconds. While channeling, Galio takes 50% less physical and magical damage. After the channeling Galio causes an explosion of stone that deals additional magical damage and slows nearby enemies by 40% for 2 seconds.
Initial Crash damage: 110/165/220 (+.3 Ap Ratio)
Explosion Damage: 125/180/235 (+.4 AP Ratio)
Leap Range: 1000
Radius: 600
Cooldown: 170/150/130
Cost: 100/150/200

Basically, my idea here was to give him jungling and supporting power at the cost of upfront burst (Reworking Righteous Gust). Thus in this incarnation he likely wouldn't be solo laning. The changes to his passive and Bulwark make him a great choice to defend a key member of your team while also tanking damage himself. The E change is to help out ganks pre 6 as well as give him jungle clearing, in exchange the movement speed buff for allies is weaker.

His ultimate is now a glorified initiation tool that rivals Unstoppable Force.

What do you guys think? :]
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 9:29am | Report
What happens if someone breaks the leash range of your new Bulwark?

This rework actually seems pretty fun, although I can't comment on how balanced it is. +1
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 9:31am | Report
I worded that badly. what i intended it to do is the shield gives them armor and MR equal to three times the bonus from his passive. it doesnt stack with the passive though, and doesnt go away because they arent standing near him.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 9:38am | Report
That passive. Ultimately ******ed, holy ****, hecarim on steroids!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide