Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Topic of the Week - The Least Played Champion

Creator: Mowen April 16, 2013 2:54pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 12:40pm | Report

Exactly! Make him into an AP mid that counters magic damage.

People used to send him mid actually, if I remember correctly that is.

i think you are simply making his build more expensive and his strategy less effective.

Sig made by elenah
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 12:41pm | Report
I actually quite liked your suggested champion.

But back on the topic at hand. His "role" of being an anti-AP is largely moot in this meta anyway. Void Staff > Galio, as someone already stated in the thread. And he's pretty much forced to build like a mage because he isn't very good at acting like a tank. He definitely sucks as a support.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 12:47pm | Report
only the second part of your suggested passive is relevant, then?
maybe consider symbiose Mres+HP, like Crimson Pact, like i really have no patience for creativity and i'm just copying some other champ, something i really dislike to do.

=\

btw, creativity threshold is implied by how few variables you are able to manipulate without reaching a similar result that was already achieved.

Sig made by Tamy
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 12:48pm | Report
I was actually thinking of moving the heal to his bulwark again and scrapping that passive and making a new one. XD

The reason i dislike like playing up the mres thing is because it isn't fun.

In an ideal world where Galio is the absolute counter to mages, he's absolutely unfun to an enemy team that stacks magical damage. And he's unfun if they pick very little AP.

Malphite may be the anti-AD conterpart to him, but atleast Malphite works in almost every scenario and he isn't FORCED to build any particular stat.
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 1:39pm | Report

Ok guys, so I thought up a rework for Galio (I'm very bored.) So here it is;

There's some stuff that is just stolen from other champions (and most of it is just an OP version of another champion's passve/ability). And it also destroys completely the core of Galio himself... like the passive and the ultimate are what make Galio himself and you completely crunch that and throw it away xD. You just simply made him an entirely new champion. I dun liek :c
My AP Xin Zhao guide is on the way!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 1:50pm | Report

Malphite may be the anti-AD conterpart to him, but atleast Malphite works in almost every scenario and he isn't FORCED to build any particular stat.

you are basically saying you can pick a champion made specifically against a certain strategy but i'll pick him 24/7 even if it ir far from optimal. If you need an iniciation-bot, there are other interesting choices like Amumu or less banned Sejuani, only the latter asking for a specific stat to optimize itself, but it is a generic one: HP.

Like I was answering Bard, you don't pick Galio if you are thinking of prioritizing Armor., neither you should pick Malphite if you consider prioritizing Mres. that is how i roll, and there are plenty of champions to pick.

Sig made by Tamy
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 1:58pm | Report
DarkPercy wrote:

There's some stuff that is just stolen from other champions (and most of it is just an OP version of another champion's passve/ability). And it also destroys completely the core of Galio himself... like the passive and the ultimate are what make Galio himself and you completely crunch that and throw it away xD. You just simply made him an entirely new champion. I dun liek :c

The aura is kind of generic, I'm revising it and changing the passive. Otherwise, the only thing I "stole" from another champion is the dash part of the ultimate. Also the only part of the "core" of Galio I tossed out is his passive, which has no correlation to him as a champion in the first place. It also has nothing to do with the rest of his kit.

@Pheyniex, it comes down to how many times is Galio really going to be used when he's entirely set on being a wall to mages. Especially in a meta that has AD's going mid, or those mages who he's supposed to counter just roam and ignore him. My idea was simply to broaden Galio's usefulness and strengthen what I feel his focus actually should be, protecting other people by taking damage for them.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 3:22pm | Report
Rework Proposal:

Passive: Runic Skin: Whenever Galio uses an ability, he'll ignore the first intance of crowd control (stun, silence, root, suppress, taunt, blind) for 3 seconds. (20/15/10 second cd, not influenced by cdr)

Resolute Smite:
  • Active:Fire a projectile that slows (25%/30%/35%/40%/45%) and deals 80/135/190/245/300(+0,8 Mres)(+0.7 own missing hp) magic damage. (aoe skillshot)

Bulwark:
  • Passive: Allies take 2%/3%/4%/5%/6% less damage from magic sources. (~900 Range) (either this or a certain "imunity" to mpen, maybe?)
  • Active: Support an ally, providing a damage absorving shield of 30/55/80/100/130(+0.3AP)(+0.4Mres), and 35% of your current armor and Mres. (single target spell)

Righteous Gust:
  • Active:Galio flaps his wings providing a regenerating wind. Allies within the area (~750) gain + 15/30/45/60/75HPregen/5 and + 7/15/22/29/36ManaRegen/5 for X seconds (don't know what duration is reasonable) and increasing their movement speed by 10/15/20/25/30% (Galio only benefits from HP regen and MS bonus).
    Enemies in the gust area are dealt 20/28/36/44/52 (+0.25AP) magic damage per second within it. (PbAoE dot)

Idol of Durand:
  • Passive: Whenever an ally is dealt damage (1000 range) this ability gains a charge. Up to 10 charges can be uphold at the same time and all are consumed upon ability use.
  • Active: Galio takes flight and becomes becomes unseen for 0.5 second before diving to the ground as a stone statue, remaining as such for 0.25 second plus 0.2 second per charge used. The impact deforms the ground, leaning all enemies to him (knock in? as opposed to knock back?) and taunting them for the same duration. During this, Galio takes 50% reduced damage. At the end, enemy champions are dealt 200/300/400(+0.4AP)(+0.5Mres)(+10 per 10 minus charges used)

my 2 cents. =3
not too proud of it though.

Sig made by elenah
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 3:30pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

Rework Proposal:

Passive: Runic Skin: Whenever Galio uses an ability, he'll ignore the first intance of crowd control (stun, silence, root, suppress, taunt, blind) for 3 seconds. (20/15/10 second cd, not influenced by cdr)

Resolute Smite:
  • Active:Fire a projectile that slows (25%/30%/35%/40%/45%) and deals 80/135/190/245/300(+0,8 Mres)(+0.7 own missing hp) magic damage. (aoe skillshot)

Bulwark:
  • Passive: Allies take 2%/3%/4%/5%/6% less damage from magic sources. (~900 Range) (either this or a certain "imunity" to mpen, maybe?)
  • Active: Support an ally, providing a damage absorving shield of 30/55/80/100/130(+0.3AP)(+0.4Mres), and 35% of your current armor and Mres. (single target spell)

Righteous Gust:
  • Active:Galio flaps his wings providing a regenerating wind. Allies within the area (~750) gain + 15/30/45/60/75HPregen/5 and + 7/15/22/29/36ManaRegen/5 for X seconds (don't know what duration is reasonable) and increasing their movement speed by 10/15/20/25/30% (Galio only benefits from HP regen and MS bonus).
    Enemies in the gust area are dealt 20/28/36/44/52 (+0.25AP) magic damage per second within it. (PbAoE dot)

Idol of Durand:
  • Passive: Whenever an ally is dealt damage (1000 range) this ability gains a charge. Up to 10 charges can be uphold at the same time and all are consumed upon ability use.
  • Active: Galio takes flight and becomes becomes unseen for 0.5 second before diving to the ground as a stone statue, remaining as such for 0.25 second plus 0.2 second per charge used. The impact deforms the ground, leaning all enemies to him (knock in? as opposed to knock back?) and taunting them for the same duration. During this, Galio takes 50% reduced damage. At the end, enemy champions are dealt 200/300/400(+0.4AP)(+0.5Mres)(+10 per 10 minus charges used)

my 2 cents. =3
not too proud of it though.

Hmm i like it overall, feels more supporty but i have a few issues.

Passive: Less useful than his current passive if he's playing as a support or a tank because he'll likely be ignored by anyone with CC unless it's a peeler.

Q: You made the damage OP as hellllll. It already had good base damage. Making tanks scale in damage by dying is silly. That's more a bruiser thing. And you and your silly Mres ratios. :p

W: I agree with this change completely, at least the effects. Just make it a flat AP ratio with maybe a bonus from MR, up the base value. If he's playing as a support it needs to be good without items.

E: That would be really hard to balance.

R: Kind of kills the most defining part of Galio which is the AoE taunt. D:
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 3:40pm | Report
well, the "knock in" should only take 0.25seconds and the remaining should be a taunt, as described. maybe tha passive just doen't fit. (also sounds like Irelia and Vi had a cheesy night in bed, so i'm definately not proud of it.)

i agree with your points. i just wanted to make a consistent proposal, even if written over the knee. However, Ignore the numbers, please, especially regarding damage. :P

Regarding Q, i just wanted him to have a missing HP based damage ability. sounds interesting on the idea of penance. this idea is supposed to be reflected on E as well. but yes, probably hard to balance. probably very nice against seigeing but i have my doubts if you get iniciated on.

the idea of guardian should come from W, E and R.

nevertheless, the taunt is still there. only depends on you having charges or not. :P

Sig made by Tamy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide