Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tournament policy, dictated by Usurp

Creator: throatslasher May 16, 2013 5:27pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Should a team that got a challenger kid onto a smurf to knowingly break/subvert the rules be allowed to play in the tournament?
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 5:32pm | Report
C4 Lasty wrote:

Mobafire is a product. I don't buy ****ty products at the store and I don't patronize ****ty websites. If Moba allows a team that was caught red-handed to continue in ITS tournament I will be forced to conclude that this isn't the place for me.

Although this is unfortunately reasonable, do remember that the community itself has no real ability to make changes to MOBAFire-the-product. You know, as evidenced by many of Throat's attempts to fix broken things around here. And as much as we are a part of the draw for MOBAFire-the-product, I don't like the idea of losing valuable community members for things outside of the community's control. You and Throat rock. It'd be really awesome if you stick around.

Also, since I'm going to be out of town during and for a while following the tournament itself, I'm going to leave a suggestion here in case you do end up leaving: If MOBAFire isn't able to provide the service that you and Throat want, it seems to me that you guys have a pretty serious team and could just start up your own competing website. You both have useful things to say about this game and could use an outlet more under your own control. And if you do decide to start up this kind of site, please give us a link.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 6:11pm | Report
What a nice thing to say. I agree that the foul-ups of a few moderators *cough Usurp cough* are no fault of the community as a whole...I shouldn't take my frustration out on the people that I've really come to enjoy on this site.

For the record though, I am by no means 'pro' my team has 1 or 2 pro level players on it, but throatslasher and I aren't there skill wise yet. I've only been playing League for about 9 months now. I'm getting better every day and someday I'd like to be on-par with players like Zig (though still morally superior). I've achieved what I have in such a short period of time because I chose one minute aspect of the game (jungling) and tried to learn as much as I could. I am happy to share (as I have been doing) what I've learned and am still learning with the good people of Moba.

I hereby withdraw my claim to leave the site, as I would be giving power to cheaters (team Clasik). If Usurp doesn't want to punish it, **** it, that just shows where his priorities are. They can win the tournament for all I care, they still won't be good people. This thread has shown me that there are a TON of good people on this site and I'm proud to be a part of it.

-Lasty
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 6:15pm | Report
I gotta say, respect for you just shot up lasty. You're a pretty good dude.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 6:19pm | Report
Word.
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 9:52pm | Report
C4 Lasty wrote:

I've achieved what I have in such a short period of time because I chose one minute aspect of the game (jungling) and tried to learn as much as I could.

You got this good because i taught you flawless mechanics from day 1 and I taught you how to get better.

C4 Lasty wrote:

This thread has shown me that there are a TON of good people on this site and I'm proud to be a part of it.

If by a TON you mean a couple handfuls/the minority.
Small minority are prickly *******s.
Majority are people I 'nothing' (no views one way or another)
and another small minority are chill dudes that use that sack of fluid they call a brain.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2013 11:02am | Report
Bah, I credited you in my AMA.

On a side note. Tetris God Zig is still registered for the tournament. Will they be kicked if they don't drop Zig from their roster by tomorrow?
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2013 9:47pm | Report
So Team Clasik got the message I guess and dropped Zig. They are all Diamond 1 players and they re-sign up for the tournament with this person: The Smoove

He is unranked with 1 game played. Diamond 1 kids don't play tournaments with unranked nobodies. They clearly got Zig onto some no name BS account. My team will not face them in the tournament.

This is horse****. Twice now they've tried to break the rules. If they don't get kicked this website is a joke.

Side note: The smoove has 10 games played since Feb2nd. They just put Zig onto one of their barebones 30 accounts.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2013 10:12pm | Report
Strictly, he's unranked with three ranked games played. He won a single one, as Nunu, and lost the other two. From what I can tell, however, he's really bad. Really, really bad. Just look at his rune page titled "JAANGLE". It, as of this writing, has armor seals and AS everything else. One of the quints is even tier 2.

I find it extremely unbelievable that a vaguely competent team would let the owner of this account join. Hell, I wouldn't want him on my own team, from what I can see. Suffice to say that if The Smoove performs at a level in any way resembling Diamond, it's a smurf. I'm willing to assume (I know what they say about assumptions) that Clasik just let some random trash onto their team up until the point at which their random trash doesn't play like random trash, and then I reasonably expect to see them disqualified.

Of course, this is also because I realize that Clasik isn't going to get DQ'd until we have proof positive of them trying to cheat the system. Where by "we have" I mean "Usurp has".
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2013 12:31am | Report
They already tried to cheat once. Nobody plays on the account. 10 games since Feb2nd.

This is ********.
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2013 12:43am | Report
Lol Zig isn't challenger anymore he got demoted. They signed up for a 3rd time w/ him back on the roster.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide