Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tournament policy, dictated by Usurp

Creator: throatslasher May 16, 2013 5:27pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Should a team that got a challenger kid onto a smurf to knowingly break/subvert the rules be allowed to play in the tournament?
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 5:27pm | Report
So the NEW drama is, Lasty and I have been poking around the teams and the players in the newly registered all diamond 1 teams. We noticed something strange:
Team Clasik
btclasik (c), Pixel3, Reap22, Shynon, zignature, Tsunamiiee (s)
IGN: NotTsunamiie (c), Pixel3, Reap22, Shynon, TETRIS GOD ZIG, Gustavo Fling (s)

Tetris god zig...Well, I know who zig is...This is Tetris god zig's profile:

I wonder if he has any similarities to the CHALLENGER PLAYER Zig...

Well, lets bring up zig and take a look

WOW! WHAT A SHOCK! He has the exact same champions played!

We brought this to the attention of usurp. At first, he said there wasn't enough evidence, but then he quickly changed his mind. He decided to BAN ZIG FROM THE TOURNAMENT.

If lasty had brought this to usurp's attention after they had played 1 game in the tournament, their whole team would have been dq'd according to usurp. But since we "caught it early" they get a LESSER PUNISHMENT and they are allowed to find a sub and continue in the tournament. BULL-F'ING-**** I SAY.

Well, we argued, that's not enough. They clearly were aware of the rules of NO CHALLENGER KIDS and then they decided to break the rules by having him jump on a smurf with the hopes that nobody would notice. The fact that they used a smurf demonstrates that they had full knowledge of the rules (or else he'd be using his challenger main) in order to cheat. This demonstrates intent across their entire roster to cheat.

Let me put it this way:
You are a teacher. You are about to hand out a test to your students when you notice something. You go over to a student and you see that he has a cheat-sheet, intending to cheat on the upcoming test. You take the cheat sheet away from him. How would you go about punishing him?

Usurp's way of punishment: Laugh, ruffle his hair, slap him on the wrist, take away his cheat sheet, and let him take the test.

The correct way: Discipline him, send him from the class, Fail him on the test, and expel him from the school, or suspend him for days.

There are lots of other questionable players on teams that we don't really have time to go through and look at their past. We know that PIXEL3 is a sub for Good game university, a LCS team. We brought this to usurp's attention, and he responded that GGU isn't challenger so it's ok. WTF? Professional>challenger. He is on a professional team with zionsparta, nintendudex, etc.

The integrity of this tournament is GARBAGE and usurp's method of handling it is worse. I tried to have a conversation about some ideas for having a fair and open tournament, and mobafire ignored me. Now, the only rule that they added, is being VIOLATED INTENTIONALLY AND REPEATEDLY, and mobafire does NOTHING ABOUT IT.

I think these teams intentionally sign in to play mere days before the tournament start so that they don't arouse suspicion. There are other suspect players, but these are the most heinous at the moment. THOUGHTS KIDDIES?
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 5:31pm | Report
throatslasher:
"If you give a single **** about the validity, efficacy, or integrity of the tournament, you will confer with myself and c4 lasty to hold an impromptu skype call AS SOON AS POSSIBLE about the topic as quickly before sunday as we can. We are both available all night thursday, friday, and saturday. If this does not get resolved, we can hold this in the court of public opinion and it could be extremely embarassing to certain individuals."

Usurp:
"I will not join a skype call due to time limitations, however, if you wish to leave me your skype contact information, I am happy to discuss matters through chat as time permits."

throatslasher:
fine *posted this link*
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 5:32pm | Report
You heard it here first, if C4 eSports gets bounced from the tournament by Team Clasik I'm leaving the community for good.

On a side note: Wouldn't it be FREAKING NEAT if the MobaCOMMUNITY cup was won by actual Moba members?! What a novel idea rite!

-Simon
Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 6:51pm | Report
As much as I'd like you guys to be in the right especially because we have no idea who those guys are and it's supposed to be a community cup, in the rules it's stated:

Quoted:
If any team is found to have a Challenger Tier Player on their roster during an event once it has started they will be removed from the event. To remove a member from your team, unregister from the event, remove the player, and then rejoin the event.

We can't do much considering the current rules. All I can do is wish you guys best of luck.

ty xaiolu for the sign :3
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 6:58pm | Report
The current rules are wrong then. They had the intent to cheat, they should be fully punished for it. And yeah I have NEVER heard of these people, why are they allowed in the tournie? They obviously aren't active mobafire members. I thought this was a community cup. Isn't that the WHOLE POINT?

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 7:05pm | Report
Moba is like a battered girlfriend, 'maybe if I keep letting them abuse me they'll change/love me'. Their hopes are by letting in these crazy pro teams that they'll become moba contributors. When in fact I haven't seen a single member of Denial Armata, the challenger team that won last month, contributing to Mobafire.
Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 7:15pm | Report
The thing is, changing the rules is as illegal as violating them. They had their own terms and they're still respecting them, if they don't they lose all kind of credibility. As much as I hate mobafire for letting any teams in or not banning team for trying to cheat "because that's what it was. They're just trying to save face by respecting their own rules, wich is pretty normal. As I was saying it's not that I'm against you guys but anyone would feel like changing the rules mid-way would feel unfair. (Even if the ennemy team tried to cheat)

Hell you know I enjoy watching your videos and stuff, you guys can still stomp them and I hope that is what's going to happen.

C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 7:20pm | Report
Arkharan wrote:

The thing is, changing the rules is as illegal as violating them. They had their own terms and they're still respecting them, if they don't they lose all kind of credibility. As much as I hate mobafire for letting any teams in or not banning team for trying to cheat "because that's what it was. They're just trying to save face by respecting their own rules, wich is pretty normal. As I was saying it's not that I'm against you guys but anyone would feel like changing the rules mid-way would feel unfair. (Even if the ennemy team tried to cheat)

Hell you know I enjoy watching your videos and stuff, you guys can still stomp them and I hope that is what's going to happen.

The rules state that IF they are caught trying to cheat they'll be DQ'd. If I hadn't said anything and waited till they played a game they'd be DQ'd. Why should when I point out that they are actively trying to cheat matter. They tried to cheat they should be DQ'd.
Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 7:31pm | Report
All I could see in the rules would be:

Quoted:
Act appropriately and fairly throughout the tournament.

This is obviously not respected.

Quoted:
Allowing someone else to play using your account is grounds for disqualification and possible ban from future tournaments.

Yet, there it's a smurf I don't know if it could apply.

Quoted:
If the admins discover any foul play from either team, you will be disqualified and may additionally be banned from future tournaments.

It could be considered a "foul play" considering they tried to cheat the system.

Anyway the biggest problem is their rules have way too many flaws / only state penalities for certain conditions. They obviously broke the rules but for the statements with DQ penalty, the conditions are not clearly mentionned. And for that I think mobafire should at least apologise.

Last thing:
Quoted:
Please try not to discuss your dispute outside of the MOBAFire.com PM system, otherwise evidence may not be considered in the admin's ruling.

I know you guys are angry and all but even tho mobafire is community based, you guys should respect the rules too =|

C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 7:55pm | Report
We brought this to the admins attention. They handled it incorrectly, we said we'd take it to the court of public opinion.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide