Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tournament policy, dictated by Usurp

Creator: throatslasher May 16, 2013 5:27pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Should a team that got a challenger kid onto a smurf to knowingly break/subvert the rules be allowed to play in the tournament?
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 2:37pm | Report
You figure it out, it's your job. How about 50 posts per person or 1 good standing guide a person. That will for a the pro players to write guides for you. That's at least a good start. Every time they want to compete, they have to have an additional guide or 50 good posts. If they make ****ty spam posts, thu will get warned. If they keep making nonsensical posts, banned. Like, writing 'nice' on a guide comment is not a post.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 2:38pm | Report

I really don't see what's so damn hard.Just make it so that anyone who isn't an active member of the community can't play and that's it.No more stupid threads and arguing.I mean like, who the f*** is Zig?Have you seen him post?No!So he doesn't get to play and thats it.It's a COMMUNITY cup, it shouldn't be filled with challenger kids looking for easy wins.

But I dont feel we should exclude challenger players who happen to be a real part of this community, if there are any. Community Cup is for the community, I agree. If anyone reached challenger around here they should be able to play.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 2:55pm | Report

But I dont feel we should exclude challenger players who happen to be a real part of this community, if there are any. Community Cup is for the community, I agree. If anyone reached challenger around here they should be able to play.

i agree with this, i also think that if they broke a rule they should be DQ'd no matter when they got caught
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 2:55pm | Report
sirell and lifebaka bring up some GREAT points. I definitely support their arguments.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 3:25pm | Report
I haven't participated in a MobaFire tourney since the very first one, where the enemy team we were up against registered at 1250 elo, but were all around 1500 (far beyond what my team was back then). To be fair, it was their first time hosting a tournament, and the elo verification system didn't exist. Don't get me wrong, I love MobaFire. But ever since that first tournament, I've never ever felt the urge to play in another one, especially with all this fiasco about even HIGHER elo people trying to bypass the rules, AND IN SOME CASES, getting away with it. Just like what happened to me.

jhoijhoi's MobaFire tournament journey: a cautionary tale

:P
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 4:10pm | Report
I don't see why both C4 and Throatslasher try to disqualify Team Clasik by force. Sure they are right, sure Team Clasik cheated. Unfortunately Team Clasik has been given the benefit of the doubt and got asked to change the roster and get a sub or they won't proceed to play the tournament and they will be declared forfeit. The story should end here.

The fact that Throatslasher and C4 Lasty are trying to completely deny Clasik the roster change and go for the permanent disqualification proves that there's something more than a simple challenger trying to sneak in a Diamond tourney. Honestly this whole situation is snowballing into a big fuss for an issue that has been originally solved but because C4 and Throat want to push to bottlecap a bit further, this had to happen.

One more thing, Twice now that I see " ...or else I leave Moba." in this thread. Don't be mistaken when you think that Mobafire is a shop and you're the client, basing your behaviour on the principle of the client being the king. If you threaten people to leave Mobafire, people will react the kinda bad way and tell you to "beat it already and keep the crying to yourself next time" (excuse my language). If you wanna solve an issue, do it without the drama.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 4:23pm | Report
two more posts until you hit 10000 jhoi :)

Thanks to Hogopogo for my signature!

C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 4:56pm | Report
Actually Yaya you're the first person to raise this issue.

Mobafire is a product. I don't buy ****ty products at the store and I don't patronize ****ty websites. If Moba allows a team that was caught red-handed to continue in ITS tournament I will be forced to conclude that this isn't the place for me.

I'm not trying to forcefully get a team banned so that we can win the tournament. We are most likely going to lose to League5 or Proverb just as badly as we'd lose to Team Clasik. The difference is Proverb and 5 didn't cheat. I have a moral issue with playing vs a known cheater.

I said I was done posting in this thread BUT YOU KEEP DRAGGING ME BACK!
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 5:02pm | Report
Personally, I don't want Lasty and Throat to leave MF. They've contributed quite a lot. Nor do I think that their request is unreasonable. They scouted out a team who features both a challenger and a pro player (one of which hasn't actually been asked to leave their roster, incidentally).

They asked for a DQ on the grounds that the team had by all mean broken the rules. Also nothing unreasonable about that.

Regardless of the motives behind what they are doing, they have a legitimate complaint.
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 5:04pm | Report
sirell wrote:

Just looked at the top 10 or so registered teams. With the exception of Lasty and Throat, there are exactly two people with a post count of above 5. This is not 'active'.

New favorite post ever.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide