Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Udyr Jungle: Pheonix vs Tiger

Creator: Kazega July 18, 2013 4:06am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Which form is best?
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2013 11:06am | Report
One important thing to note is that Nashor's Tooth gives a big fat chunk of CDR, which is like really really really really REALLY good on udyr

Just something to keep in the back of your mind. IMO if you're getting Abyssal Mask, you'll need to find another item that'll give you some CDR.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2013 11:22am | Report
If we are already talking about builds, why not combine all items mentioned by now.

Lets go with Phoenix. Start with Doran's Ring in the jungle as doran's is the meta. Get a second Doran's Ring cuz double doran's. Then go for Mobility Boots and then Sunfire Aegis into Wit's End to get a good mix of MS, HP, resistances and AS. Then go on with Iceborn Gauntlet and Nashor's Tooth to increase the CDR and get an even bigger amount of damage. Finally, get Abyssal Mask to round this up. Now I got all items mentioned in 1 build.^^
He is gonna kill you!!!
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2013 11:23am | Report
CDR Items are easy:
Spirit Visage / Zephyr and the Ancient Golem if it gives CDR not sure anymore.. thats all u need o .o!
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2013 11:34am | Report

Abyssal Mask > Nashor's Tooth

Works better with Sunfire Aegis, and you have to have AP to get any significant magic damage out of Nashor's Tooth.

Can't argue with that statement. Technically you are correct. Not to mention that that Orianna on your team is gonna a field day with shockwaves. And you get MR yourself, awesome.

That being said, the added damage from the aura on Sunfire Aegis is not that great.

40 magic damage w/out abyssal against 50 MR = 26.67
40 magic damage w/ abyssal against 50 MR = 30.77
That equals 41 extra damage over 10 seconds. Granted, you do that to everybody, so you are more of a team player (and tankier) getting the Abyssal Mask over Nashor's Tooth.

That's just not what I like to do with Udyr. Sunfire Aegis's damage is the third component in my eyes. I value it more for the HP/armor.

Again, not saying it's the best, just what I like to do when going Phoenix. I do in fact build AP and I get the sword for the AS as well. I just have to hit fast with him to have fun.
I sometimes get Abyssal Mask if enemy team is double AP, but then my build gets kinda funky.

Also, at 300 AP with Nashor's Tooth+ Wit's End (and AP masteries) you hit for 117 (15+42+45+15) magic damage on first punch (no resistances included). Against a 50 MR enemy, you do, in 5 punches, 418.93 extra magic damage and 90 for each extra punch after that.
Not incredible, still works since you have massive AS. Oh and I forgot to include 8% magic pen, but whatever.

Sorry about all the numbers, I just like crunching them. End result? Do whatever lol
killininthename
<Member>
killininthename's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2013 1:29pm | Report
Visage/Golem/Cleaver!!! and two more tanky items...whichever needed and you have an Udyr straight back from hell.....btw from all the stances the bear one is the best isnt it?_?
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 9:01am | Report
You mean maxing Blazing Stampede? No way. You either max Wingborne Storm or Wilding Claw first.

Bear is great, I love the MS and the stun is key. Max it third after Iron Mantle.

Also, I firmly believe AS is absolutely necessary on Udyr. Get at least a Wit's End.
kT coffee
<Member>
kT coffee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 3:55pm | Report
Phoenix is generally better in the jungle because of cleartime and waveclearing.

Also, the poll is ******ed; who the hell would max Turtle or Bear first, especially when you're asking whether Phoenix or Tiger first is best?
RJ Mantheon
<Member>
RJ Mantheon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 7:37am | Report
Tiger all the way for me. Yes phenix is AOE clear but tiger has stronger ganks as well as faster clear time at the non multi target camps such as Golems and Buffs.
cavaldragon1
<Member>
cavaldragon1's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 12:44pm | Report
Well Phoenix can be great at jungler, but i recommend starting with Tiger due his early burst ganks and the attack speed still on if you turn to other stance as Phoenix that have to attack quickly to utilize better the Phoenix passive.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 2:32pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

If you run Phoenix Udyr, you can start with Doran's Ring, which gives Phoenix Udyr a similar potential to Tiger Udyr

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide